• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought Hotline Miami. Hopefully it's good, but at 5 dollars how bad can it be.
It's terrible, worst game I've ever played. So glad you finally fell for the GAF hype, consider it a lesson learned and 5 bucks wasted.

Sorry, can't say that with a straight face. The game is fucking awesome.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hello fellow Gaffers,
having a blast the other time with the gifs, I came for round 2.

This is a random mspaint draw request to win a steam code for Sine Mora

The best drawing of A hardcore gamer gets it. You have 15 minutes for your submission. The winner is picked by me.

Good luck!

s7ZYl.png

Did it as fast as possible, since I just saw the post. Hopefully, I made the cutoff point.

Edit- Forgot to put new daily deal on top of the Dota.

The_Monk

Hello fellow Gaffers,

The best drawing of A hardcore gamer gets it. You have 15 minutes for your submission. The winner is picked by me.

Good luck!

My entry. Pretty hardcore if you ask me.

vWyrYl.png

EDIT: Oh, too late, busy with the other thread, damn you PM's !

My problem with the sale isn't really specific to Steam, since all of the distributors appear to be working the same sales. It's that the games I want simply are not being put on sale at all.

I'm getting sick of the "I wonder if today is the day that (insert game here) goes on sale?!?" only to see the same shit show up that's already been on sale. But I sure as hell can't just go buy the game anyway.. that's the jinx, and the game will go on Daily the very next day.

The only one that would remotely interest me today would be TWD, if I hadn't already picked it up for the same price a few days ago when it was the Community Choice.

This is correct, especially the part I bolded.

There have been a number of games, including some pretty recent ones from the early part of 2012, that have already gone on sale 5 to 10 times across the various Steam sales. OTOH, there have been some other games that have been out for 9 months, 1 year, 2 years that haven't gone on sale AT ALL, or at most once or twice. There's too much regurgitation of the same games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed the Oddworld games are $1.24 each, but I thought I remembered seeing threads about how terrible the performance is. Is this still the case?
I second this question. Want to get the Oddbox if it gets 75% off, but wouldn't like to experience performance issues.

koolaroo

Ugh spec ops is on sale today :/ terrible timeing I won't be able to get any steam cards within 48 hours. Well there is always the summer sale or somthing.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just need for Assassin's Creed 1 and Brotherhood to go on a hella-cheap sale and I'll be great this sale.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
$5, and $7.50 over at Amazon. Uplay I believe. Today is the last day.
Isn't uplay really strange about redownloading games though?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hello fellow Gaffers,

Good luck!

So, did he pick a winner or what?

I don't understand the whole Gifting thread thing... We just post a whislist and we magicaly receive gifts?

People will donate games. Post your wishlist. If you have game X from your wishlist, they add your name to a raffle with others. Winner gets the game, rinse and repeat until all the games are gone.

Tizoc

I don't understand the whole Gifting thread thing... We just post a whislist and we magicaly receive gifts?

Gift the games you can and in return you will be given a game from your wishlist that is $20 or lower in return if it's available.

ZenaxPure

If something is 75% off by default during the sale (as in, not part of any current deals) does it typically not go into any sort of deal, or, does something cut that steep have a shot at going even lower?

mannerbot

If something is 75% off by default during the sale (as in, not part of any current deals) does it typically not go into any sort of deal, or, does something cut that steep have a shot at going even lower?

Usually not. Even if it does, how much more can you realistically save on something that's already 75% off?

Wishlist give aways are a great idea because it improves the likelihood that the games you gift are games people want and not just a game to pad a library.

tsab

This is a random mspaint draw request to win a steam code for Gatling Gears

The best humorous drawing of Star Wars gets it (skill is not necessary). You have 30 minutes for your submission. The winner is picked by me.

Good luck!

other thread of mine (read the op)

Apologies for the off topic and have fun.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is Jagged Alliance 2 still a good game these days? It sounds hard as hell which will suck for a beginner like me, but it still sounds like it might be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom