• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. grape

Likely?!? I thought they were up there with the worst offenders for never discounting the games that people actually want.

This is true, took forever for RE5 to get to $6.79. The Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack for $9.99 is the best deal I've seen in a long time from them. They actually had some decent deals during this sale, which is surprising considering the rest of the winter sale was pretty lackluster..

Dingotech

Yep but then all of a sudden they do.

So who knows.

You have really helped those undecided people, lol, they're freaking out now!

This is true, took forever for RE5 to get to $6.79. The Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack for $9.99 is the best deal I've seen in a long time from them. They actually had some decent deals during this sale, which is surprising considering the rest of the winter sale was pretty lackluster..

Which surely means the next sale they will do nothing. ;P

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Likely?!? I thought they were up there with the worst offenders for never discounting the games that people actually want.

Which is why Lost Planet 2 making regular appearances in Steam's two major sale periods since the Winter Sale of 2010 is so odd! Compare this to, say, Devil May Cry 3, which recently went a year without any sort of discount.

Dingotech

Which is why Lost Planet 2 making regular appearances in Steam's two major sale periods since the Winter Sale of 2010 is so odd! Compare this to, say, Devil May Cry 3, which recently went a year without any sort of discount.

Don't go all patterns on me, my ramblings only make sense within about a 2 day window!!

catabarez

What are some good local coop PC games?

Also you guys are really making me all conflicted about not getting Lost Planet 2 just yet -_-

JaseC

Also you guys are really making me all conflicted about not getting Lost Planet 2 just yet -_-

Come the Summer Sale, it'll have been ~18 months since Lost Planet 2 has been discounted beyond its general sale discount. I'd say it's due for one, but, you know, Capcom; that said, at the very worst, it'll be the same price it is now. Basically, my point is that unlike other Capcom games, you don't need to purchase it solely out of concern that it may not be on sale again in the near future.

Dingotech

What are some good local coop PC games?

Basically buy it now and ignore JaseC, he's going all stats on you! :p

Local co-op I've no idea, if Orcs Must Die 2 is local then buy it!

masterkajo

So since I have not enough money to buy Sleeping Dogs, I need to fill the void of not owning Sleeping Dogs with another game. I am particularly interested in Puzzle Agent 1/2. Are they any good? Which one is better? Should I play them in order? Thanks

Tomodachi

So since I have not enough money to buy Sleeping Dogs, I need to fill the void of not owning Sleeping Dogs with another game. I am particularly interested in Puzzle Agent 1/2. Are they any good? Which one is better? Should I play them in order? Thanks
I played only the first one and it's awesome. It's like Professor Layton but with a surreal, hilarious and yet creepy atmosphere. I was amazed at Graham Annable's ability to mix comicality and fear. You might want to watch a few short movies of his on youtube (unrelated to the game mostly), somebody on this thread linked them to me when I asked the same question you're asking now a few years ago.
Puzzles are awfully easy though, and that's a pity.

I hear the second one loses all its creepiness but I haven't played it yet so...

Tizoc

Will make more purchases in 5 hours time, then I'll see if the repeats have anything that interest me.
Oh and if anyone's interested in a trade, I have:
Bioshock 1, 2 and Titan Quest, if anyone wants any one of the codes, I can trade them for any of the games in my wishlist:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tizoc789/wishlist
Just PM me and I'll get back to you within the hour.

catabarez

Nothing else for the local coop games? I already have all the Lego games and Castle Crashers :p Looking to sell what else there is that was on sale.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Should I buy Sleeping dogs? The chances of playing it in the next two months are slim, but not zero.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Even though this was the worst sale ever to me I still somehow managed to spend $287.25 on myself. I don't even want to add up the rest.

In hindsight I should have skipped over things like AC III Season Pass and Operation Raccoon Shitty, but we all make mistakes.

Even though this was the worst sale ever to me I still somehow managed to spend $287.25 on myself. I don't even want to add up the rest.

In hindsight I should have skipped over things like AC III Season Pass and Operation Raccoon Shitty, but we all make mistakes.

Yeah, I know that feeling.

JaseC

If anyone is interested: the expansion pack for the Sims Medieval is back on Steam (temporarily?): http://store.steampowered.com/app/102822

If it returns you to the homepage, just keep trying. I just bought it.

Farming Simulator 2011 has the same issue (shows up in search but viewing the product page takes a few attempts, as does adding it to your cart), so I'm thinking it may just be something odd at Valve's end rather than an intended removal gone awry.

yaron777

Farming Simulator 2011 has the same issue (shows up in search but viewing the product page takes a few attempts, as does adding it to your cart), so I'm thinking it may just be something odd at Valve's end rather than an intended removal gone awry.

But the expansion pack was removed somewhere 2011, Farming Simulator wasn't removed before this sale. I don't really know anymore...

wazoo

Let me know if Bloodstone is good. I want it.

Too early to say. Controls are confusing. Even with the pad, they refer to keyboard on screen, which may be or not a problem for you.

Apart from this, this is high quality engine, with TPS and racing level involved. Good thing, you can make it shine with SMAA and AF to the max using Radeon Pro (for me) and it runs at 60fps.

as for level design, I am not enough in.

XShagrath

I guess this is my final tally. Kinda lame, but it is what it is.

Steam
Bard's Tale - $2.49
Broken Sword Trilogy - $1.99
Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack - $9.99
Far Cry - $2.49
Far Cry 2 - $2.49
Half Minute Hero - $3.39
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale - $4.99
The Witcher 2 - $7.49

Steam Gifts
FTL
DOTA2
Just Cause 2

Amazon
Darksiders Franchise - ~$13
Max Payne 3 - $9.99
Scribblenauts - $7.49

Gamersgate
Alan Wake's American Nightmare - $5(?)

I guess I bought more on Steam, but their deals on newer/hotter stuff was definitely disappointing compared to the other guys. I'll kinda be glad when they go back to the normal daily/mid-week/weekend deals next week.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
quite frightening prospect for our wallet in 2013.
Not too many that appeal to me, but...

ACE COMBAT ON PC? WHAAAT? CASTLEVANIA ON PC? WHAAAAT?

Also I thought Prey 2 died. Is someone holding out hope or were there valid signs of life?

Row

Banned
STEAM
FTL $4.99
Civ V GOTY $12.49
Deus Ex HR $4.99
Critter Crunch $1.74
Binary Domain $6.24
The Witcher $2.49
SimCity4 $4.99
FEAR $2.49
Skyrim $29.99

GMG
Civ V G&K $3.15
Sleeping Dogs $11.90
DMC4 $0.00

~$85 total

JaseC

But the expansion pack was removed somewhere 2011, Farming Simulator wasn't removed before this sale. I don't really know anymore...

Ah, right. Strange... perhaps EA had a change of heart and somebody at Valve didn't quite add it back to the database correctly, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom