• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My final day temptations are currently:

The Walking Dead - $12.99AUD
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $9.99AUD
Dead Space 1 - $7.50AUD - Might wait on this as per someones advice regarding Dead Space 3 coming out soon
I Am Alive - $6.11AUD

Minion101

Banned
Might as well ask this here, even though it's a little off topic: Is The Walking Dead still glitched as far as PC saves? I got it via the Steam sale, but I really hope that they fixed it by now. I don't want to run into it.

When it happened to me it was because eps2 was putting the saves in a different titled folder then eps1. This was easily fixed by dragging and dropping.

Waiting for Max Payne to recap over the weekend so Amazon has to price match it. Then I'm done. Hopefully, maybe. I don't wanna spend anymore Garry!!!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Honestly I have so many games in my backlog (console, portables, PC, mobile) that I don't need others adding to it:)

Seriously if I do want something (like a DOTA 2 key that Liferebooted so generously gave me) I'll let you guys know.

Well let me know! I was trying to get something from your wishlist, only to find none lol. As a fellow calvin and hobbes fan, I demand it. :p

oipic

My final day temptations are currently:

The Walking Dead - $12.99AUD
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $9.99AUD
Dead Space 1 - $7.50AUD - Might wait on this as per someones advice regarding Dead Space 3 coming out soon
I Am Alive - $6.11AUD

Yeah, it's like that - all this late-sale umming-and-ahhing over things I've been coveting for weeks/months/years, but... my backlog. So I'm currently trying to avoid the store pages for these:

- Witcher 2
- FTL
- Crysis
- GTR 2
- Sleeping Dogs
- Defender's Quest
- The Walking Dead (Amazon coupon is burning a hole in my pocket)

Please wake me when it's all over, good people.

Old news (been out all day), but these sale reprisal shenanigans are a bit unnecessary, aren't they? Or are they counting on indecisive over-analysers like me to grab those ABSOLUTELY LAST CHANCE offers?

I noticed that both flash sales now say finishing at the same time - I'm guessing that's it for flash sales. Also no community games? The current choice isn't showing up for me.

Dingotech

Well to their credit several sites have run stories about the sales extension.

So as an advertisement for their sales it worked

Benedict

What is the price for sleeping dogs in us?
A bit steep for me here in Sweden to buy it.

Also interested in trading.
Have the following in my inventory:
Hard Reset
Fallout 3 Goty
Ys oath in felghana
Broken sword trilogy
Lucid
Left4dead2
Patrician IV

Also have steam codes for:
Saints row the third
Titan quest
Cryostasis
Kings bounty legend
Men of war
Offspring fling
Sword of the stars complete
Sword of the stars II lords of winter
Binding of Isaac + wrath of the lamb
Majesty gold HD
Cave story +
Civ V
Some other games

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone sell/unsell me on Hell Yeah? I was interested because of the crazy boss monster finishers.
I'll quote myself from a couple of pages back:

I liked it a lot, though a couple of sections can be frustrating. It's a blast to play, the graphics are beautiful and the music kicks ass.

I totally recommend it. Jazz Jackrabbit meets WarioWare with a small dose of metroidvania.

Fantomex

If anyone needs Dota invites I have 3. I don't want anything in return just send me a friend request and ill send it your way.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The warioware part sounds intriguing.
There is a microgame after defeating each "boss" (I write "boss" with quotes because there are 101 of them). Each one is repeated 2 or 3 times, so there are only 35 or so unique microgames, but they're still fun (except a particular one that is really frustrating). And there's a killing animation after them, just like there is something funny and random at the end of each microgame in WarioWare.

If you wanna see one in action, go to the minute 4:20 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9JWLCDQKUA

You are telling me words that I shouldn't be hearing right now.

Exciting words...
It is an exciting game, so it's the right thing to say :p

justjim89

Thank you kind gents so much for steering me towards Sleepy Dawgz. Played it for 9 straight hours today. Holy shit that game is fun. Usually GTA type stuff doesn't do it for me, but something about that game just constantly demands my attention. Already feel like I got my $17 worth.

Oh, and it looks beautiful on minimum settings. So there's that.

Thank you kind gents so much for steering me towards Sleepy Dawgz. Played it for 9 straight hours today. Holy shit that game is fun. Usually GTA type stuff doesn't do it for me, but something about that game just constantly demands my attention. Already feel like I got my $17 worth.

Oh, and it looks beautiful on minimum settings. So there's that.
I notice that as well with the high resolution pack. You could nip pick here and there, but is no biggie. Im running most stuff on extreme and high. I got the fxaa low, and instead running at 2400x1360 to compensate. Everything looks great at those settings locked at 60fps.

Tizoc

Guess I'll be getting Armed and Dangerous before the sale ends. Forgot to get it last time I made my purchase @_@.

Tizoc

Oh and my give-away ends in 5 hours-

Next time I'll make the longest 24 hours, 2 days just seemed too long lol.

Schlocky

Hello GAF.

I have a bunch of steam keys from various indie bundles that I am never going to redeem, and most people also probably already have, but if anyone wants any of these, let me know... i have saved who knows how much monies from lurking in this and similar threads, time to give something back!

The keys: (multiple games on one line come as one steam key)

bit trip runner, jamestown, wizorb, gratuitous space battles
super meat boy, lone survivor, braid (i think)
toki tori
and yet it moves, cogs, crayon physics deluxe, hammer fight, VVVVVV
gish
Spacechem
Anomaly warzone earth
Sam and max season 3
Blackwell deception
Puzzle agent
defense grid
zeno clash
cthulu saves the world
breath of death vii
fate of the world

i guess say what you want, first come first served. if there is a better thread for this,someone point me there please.

hom3land

Hello GAF.

I have a bunch of steam keys from various indie bundles that I am never going to redeem, and most people also probably already have, but if anyone wants any of these, let me know... i have saved who knows how much monies from lurking in this and similar threads, time to give something back!

toki tori
gish
Spacechem
Anomaly warzone earth
Sam and max season 3
Blackwell deception
Puzzle agent
defense grid
zeno clash
cthulu saves the world
breath of death vii
fate of the world

i guess say what you want, first come first served. if there is a better thread for this,someone point me there please.

Sam and max please. Missed that bundle. Would love to try the series out

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can I have Blackwell Deception? I got the trilogy before the collection of the 4 came out so now I'm kinda screwed on that one.

Nabs

Hello GAF.

toki tori
gish
Spacechem
Anomaly warzone earth
Sam and max season 3
Blackwell deception
Puzzle agent
defense grid
zeno clash
cthulu saves the world
breath of death vii
fate of the world

can i get deception?

damn you dice

Hello GAF.

I have a bunch of steam keys from various indie bundles that I am never going to redeem, and most popular le also probably already have, but if anyone wants any of these, let me know... i have saved who knows how much monies from lurking in this and similar threads, time to give something back!

toki tori
gish
Spacechem
Anomaly warzone earth
Sam and max season 3
Blackwell deception
Puzzle agent
defense grid
zeno clash
cthulu saves the world
breath of death vii
fate of the world

Puzzle agent please, would like to see what PC Layton is all about.

M.D

Hello GAF.

toki tori
gish
Spacechem
Anomaly warzone earth
Sam and max season 3
Blackwell deception
Puzzle agent
defense grid
zeno clash
cthulu saves the world
breath of death vii
fate of the world

super meat boy, lone survivor, braid please ;o

Hello GAF.

toki tori
gish
Spacechem
Anomaly warzone earth
Sam and max season 3
Blackwell deception
Puzzle agent
defense grid
zeno clash
cthulu saves the world
breath of death vii
fate of the world

I'll take Defense Grid if you still have it. Many thanks in advance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom