• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I heard Human Revolution's bosses were terrible but I didn't think this bad. I'm at the first one and thinking about dropping the game. The rrrrage!

Why didn't they patch this (I recall Squenix admitting they were horrible and outsourced, lol) giving the option to skip them altogether? Geez, why to ruin what seemed like a great game so far.
Grab snipe rifle and snipe him.

PaulLFC

Final damage:

jb1FGzEzVmy8dE.png

I heard Human Revolution's bosses were terrible but I didn't think this bad. I'm at the first one and thinking about dropping the game. The rrrrage!

Why didn't they patch this (I recall Squenix admitting they were horrible and outsourced, lol) giving the option to skip them altogether? Geez, why to ruin what seemed like a great game so far.
I use emp grenades. It interrupts his attacks, then I unleash my shotgun modded with the burst round system. Throw some more emps or frags again. More shotgun blasts and he falls shortly afterwards.

Need to replenish my wish list.

Of the King's Bounty games, should I start with Legend or Armored Princess or just go straight to the latest (Warriors of the North)?

I havent played the newest one, but I would assume its as good as the first 2, so really all 3 are great.

Bought

Borderlands 2
Dark Souls
Hotline Miami
Sleeping Dogs
XCOM

Gifted

Dark Souls
Sleeping Dogs

Not a whole lot of games, but a very high quality haul.

The only games I missed out on that I really wanted was Alan Wake, Risen, Crysis 2, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and the Slingshot DLC for XCOM

Forgot to mention that I somehow did all of this for $60. Beats me how.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Today i've got the key for my cancelled Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on GamersGate. Anyone else got a key for cancelled games?

I requested and got a refund around the week of xmas, and the bethesda bundle just re-appeared in my library on gamersgate. No keys though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Between sites, packs, gifts from friends, or the like, this is my Steam haul winter haul:

-Super Hexagon
-McPixel
-Monkey Island Complete Pack
-RPG Maker VX Ace
-Killing Floor - Robot Premium DLC Character
-Killing Floor - Golden Weapons Pack
-Critter Crunch
-Resident Evil 5
-Spec Ops The Line
-Tomb Raider 1
-Tomb Raider 2
-Tomb Raider 3
-Tomb Raider 4
-Tomb Raider 5
-Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
-Batman: Arkham Asylum
-Section 8
-Alpha Prime
-Insecticide: Part 1
-Naval Warfare
-Deponia
-Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
-Driver: San Francisco
-FTL: Faster Than Light
-Dungeon Defenders: Penny Arcade Character Pack
-The Darkness II
-Duke Nukem Forever
-Hell Yeah! Pimp My Rabbit Pack
-Sonic Adventure 2
-Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Mode DLC
-Jack Keane
-Aztaka
-Axel and Pixel
-Trino
-Who's that Flying
-Skydrift
-Dynamite Jack
-Bit.Trip.Core
-GTA Complete Pack
-The Mawesome Pack
-Krater 2-Pack
-Cargo Commander
-Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
-Mirror's Edge
-Deus Ex Collection
-Doom 3 Pack
-Mount & Blade: Complete
-Orcs Must Die! Franchise Pack
-Star Wars: KOTOR
-Magicka: Final Frontier
-L.A. Noire Complete Edition
-Magicka Lonely Cruise DLC
-Magicka: Watchtower
-Magicka: Frozen Lake
-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
-Magicka The Other Side of the Coin
-Max Payne 3
-Max Payne 3 Season Pass
-MAGICKA: DUNGEONS And DAEMONS DLC
-Magicka: Grimnirs Lab DLC
-GameMaker: Studio Full
-Dark Souls
-Devil May Cry 4
-Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions
-Ziro
-Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
-Crysis Maximum Edition
-The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
-World of Goo

More than expected, but this includes gifts and really cheap things that costs only about a dollar.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I and 2 other posters are looking for a 4th person for a Chivalry 4-pack. If you're interested reply or send me a PM.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I ran into the Walking Dead save glitch and then it suddenly all of a sudden wanted to only play in windowed mode. Why life? Why? Q_Q

I ran into the Walking Dead save glitch and then it suddenly all of a sudden wanted to only play in windowed mode. Why life? Why? Q_Q
Telltale really has to patch that. Only reason why I'm still not playing The Walking Dead. That and I can't decide what to play next.

Copenap

Finally took the bite on XCom (Amazon.com though), is Ironman Mode safe to play? Read there where some game breaking bugs after launch.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm considering picking up Civ V and the Gods & Kings expansion. Is it worth getting Civ V GOTY edition + G&K, or will I be OK with just the base game + G&K? Is the GOTY edition just a bunch of new maps?

Edit: Oh and Civ IV Complete Pack looks to be on sale for $7.50. I've heard it's better than Civ V? I don't have much experience with Civ games so which one would you guys suggest?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

IIRC, upgraded Typhoon two (maybe three) shots them.

Doomrider

Just finished Soul Reaver, and I had quite a lot of fun, though the lack of effort to optimize the game for modern hardware is a pity. I didn't remember the game ending with such a cliffhanger; you really need to have the whole trilogy to appreciate the story.

Watching the credits, I noticed with some amusement that Steve Papoutsis (Visceral Vice-President) did sound design for the game and Glen Schofield (creator of Dead Space) is listed under "Special Thanks". What a long way they've come.

All hail Amy Hennig and I'm off to install Soul Reaver 2!

zkylon

zkylewd
Only thing I think I'm sad I didn't get in this sale is Sleepy Dogs for $7.50. I just wanted to try it out to see if I have to stick it in my GOTY list.

I'm considering picking up Civ V and the Gods & Kings expansion. Is it worth getting Civ V GOTY edition + G&K, or will I be OK with just the base game + G&K? Is the GOTY edition just a bunch of new maps?

Edit: Oh and Civ IV Complete Pack looks to be on sale for $7.50. I've heard it's better than Civ V? I don't have much experience with Civ games so which one would you guys suggest?

^
I want to know the answer to that post regarding Civ IV. Is Civ IV better than Civ V? I have Civ V and Gods & Kings in my library; I enjoyed it a lot. Should I buy Civ IV Complete Pack?

Tizoc

@ilnadmy- IIRC Civ V is just easier to get into, so...maybe get both?
The $20 bundle also comes with Stronghold 1 and Crusader which I've read are good too.
If you do get Civ V GotY+Gods and Kings, you'd be missing only 1 DLC: Korea+Wonders. Grab it before the discount ends!

Just finished Soul Reaver, and I had quite a lot of fun, though the lack of effort to optimize the game for modern hardware is a pity. I didn't remember the game ending with such a cliffhanger; you really need to have the whole trilogy to appreciate the story.

Pretty sure there are mods that improve the graphics, it was listed in a thread on GAF I think.

^
I want to know the answer to that post regarding Civ IV. Is Civ IV better than Civ V? I have Civ V and Gods & Kings in my library; I enjoyed it a lot. Should I buy Civ IV Complete Pack?
They are almost two different strategy games. Civ V is more streamlined, easyer. I like Civ IV more.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
@ilnadmy- IIRC Civ V is just easier to get into, so...maybe get both?
The $20 bundle also comes with Stronghold 1 and Crusader which I've read are good too.
If you do get Civ V GotY+Gods and Kings, you'd be missing only 1 DLC: Korea+Wonders. Grab it before the discount ends!

There's a $20 Civ bundle? Why am I not seeing this?

Edit: Also I guess my question was, is the GOTY content worth it, or would I be OK skipping it and getting vanilla Civ V? If it's just map packs then I don't really care since I'll probably be OK just playing on randomly generated maps.

chunk3rvd

Only opened a steam account for the first time yesterday and was disappointed that this wasn't on there. I can see the triple thrill pack on amazon.com for $3.99. Can I buy that in the uk with a fake address and download it? Also, will it work on a windows 8 laptop?

Sorry to repost but didn't manage to get an answer when the thread was moving crazy fast on Friday. Does anyone know the answer to this question about Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 as I'd love to relive my misspent youth?

kennah

I'm a little tempted to auction off my Sleepy Dawgs with all discounted dlc to the highest bidder. But also tempted to install it. Dat backlog.

larvi

Sorry to repost but didn't manage to get an answer when the thread was moving crazy fast on Friday. Does anyone know the answer to this question about Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 as I'd love to relive my misspent youth?

I don't have Win8 but I know I've had issues with getting certain versions of RCT2 to run under Win7 64bit. I do know the GoG version works with Win7 and per their web page works with Win8 as well:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/rollercoaster_tycoon_2

Relax.MX

4 hrs on Saint Row 3 and I expecting more of one of the 2011 kings without crown

Maybe my expectation was too high or maybe
I need more time

DirtRiver

4 hrs on Saint Row 3 and I expecting more of one of the 2011 kings without crown

Maybe my expectation was too high or maybe
I need more time

It wont get any better. I too loved Saints Row 2 but I did not derive the same enjoyment from playing Saints Row: The Third and mostly because it never got anywhere, it was mostly just showing the side missions and when that ended, one or two missions after, the game ended.

Fun, but not as good as the second one.

ArjanN

I found the first boss really easy, and I only had a handgun. Just made headshots from behind cover then dashed to new cover when he closed in. Repeat 3 or 4 times and he was dead on my first try.

Given the nature of the game/genre they probably should have given you other/non-lethal options to deal with them though.

chunk3rvd

I don't have Win8 but I know I've had issues with getting certain versions of RCT2 to run under Win7 64bit. I do know the GoG version works with Win7 and per their web page works with Win8 as well:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/rollercoaster_tycoon_2

Not fussed about it not being $3.99 anyway as it's easily worth $10 in my book! Can I shop on this site from the UK? Sorry for all the questions but bought my first gaming pc in 10 years the other day and I'm a newbie in this DD world!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not fussed about it not being $3.99 anyway as it's easily worth $10 in my book! Can I shop on this site from the UK? Sorry for all the questions but bought my first gaming pc in 10 years the other day and I'm a newbie in this DD world!

Of course.

Watevaman

Feeling buying remorse on using my $5 credit on MP3. I think it would've been better used for Dark Souls, which I thought I wouldn't like at all, but it turns out I don't like MP3 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom