• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingotech

I think that's the entire point of my post. Rhode Island is a fool and their stupid and greedy tactics are going to result in them getting zero return on that ownership.

Sorry missed the whole Rhode Island part of your post...

FWIW I too would buy Amalor on Steam, even though I 100% completed it on 360.

Gaspode_T

Just because it was asked about several times: The Secret World seems pretty awesome to me, especially if you have a DX11 card and can play it smoothly with high graphic options. Lots of story, but if you like cyberpunk/sci fi it seems to be scratching an itch for me that not many games have even come near scratching. My character is also awesome looking.

I think that's the entire point of my post. Rhode Island is a fool and their stupid and greedy tactics are going to result in them getting zero return on that ownership.

wouldn't be surprised if there's still some idiots buying it at $60 through steam though

Just because it was asked about several times: The Secret World seems pretty awesome to me, especially if you have a DX11 card and can play it smoothly with high graphic options. Lots of story, but if you like cyberpunk/sci fi it seems to be scratching an itch for me that not many games have even come near scratching. My character is also awesome looking.

still holding out hope for a daily/flash sale. redeem yourself Winter Seal

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Mmm, is Thirty Flights of Loving good? It would seem so. Do I need to play Gravity Bone first?
I've heard GB is included in TFoL, so you can play it from there. I don't know about their quality, TFoL was on my wishlist for some time till I heard of their extremely short length (15 minutes or so for each one).

Gaspode_T

wouldn't be surprised if there's still some idiots buying it at $60 through steam though

still holding out hope for a daily/flash sale. redeem yourself Winter Seal

I think Secret World is not even on Steam - the only reason I got it was because I got one of the cheap Steam redeemable games from Amazon (Dark Souls) and that comes with a 5 bucks off coupon making $17 Secret World $12 (I still paid tax so comes out almost $15). That is still like only one month payment for a nice MMORPG. Don't know if the game will keep me hooked but we will see, it certianly looks a gazillion trillion billion times better than the other F2P MMORPGs I tried to install (with DX11 Motion Blur and 2X AA)

I think Secret World is not even on Steam - the only reason I got it was because I got one of the cheap Steam redeemable games from Amazon (Dark Souls) and that comes with a 5 bucks off coupon making $17 Secret World $12 (I still paid tax so comes out almost $15). That is still like only one month payment for a nice MMORPG. Don't know if the game will keep me hooked but we will see, it certianly looks a gazillion trillion billion times better than the other F2P MMORPGs I tried to install (with DX11 Motion Blur and 2X AA)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215280/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

thought it would show up in the sale, but its not looking likely.

390K8.png

What the fuck is this
2012 has two dashes in its name. This ruins everything.

Gaspode_T

Oh weird, because I am in Japan it doesn't even show up in the store here. When I click your link it shows me an error. Geofencing can go to hell

drizzle

Axel Hertz
http://i.imgur.com/390K8.png
What the fuck is this
2012 has two dashes in its name. This ruins everything.

How long until Steam gives us the ability to rename our (non-shortcut) games.

garry plz

Oh weird, because I am in Japan it doesn't even show up in the store here. When I click your link it shows me an error. Geofencing can go to hell

I just envisioned continents doing futuristic Olympics fencing. Thank you for that. If I were a more proficient man, I'd make a painting and sell it for millions!

From my view it's more that I'd forget I even own the game if it's now in my Steam account.

I've got nothing against the game. I'd consider it seriously if it was a daily/flash deal on Steam.

Do what I do, for non steam games I have some interest in even if it's only a every other month playthrough I add the .exe to Steam.

Artofwar420

Mmm, is Thirty Flights of Loving good? It would seem so. Do I need to play Gravity Bone first?

I liked Thirty Flights of Loving, and before that, Gravity Bone. It's something video games don't do often. Short-form story telling with simple graphics and music that ooze purpose and emotion. Or I could do the "fans of the genre" thing. Fans of Gravity Bone will like Thirty Flights of Loving.

TFoL has Gravity Bone, and mostly to see Blendo's progression you should play it first.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Anyone else who picked up Miasmata experiencing really poor performance issues? Game has crashed twice for me just changing settings. Really sluggish and jerky when I could play it.

Isaccard

Caved and used one of my two Amazon keys on Kingdom of Amalur Complete for 9.99. Well done, Rhode Island. In your bid to maximize your revenue (and cut losses), you got nothing. Only a fool is going to pay 60 bucks for your lousy game when competing services are discounting the game by 80+ percent. Well, done.

Steam Wishlist -1.

A fool I will be come pay day then. Fuck Origin.

XShagrath

Steam should allow you to rename a game in your library so it would have your "proper" naming conventions. I've wanted to do this with several of my titles.

derExperte

Anyone else who picked up Miasmata experiencing really poor performance issues? Game has crashed twice for me just changing settings. Really sluggish and jerky when I could play it.

There's a beta patch for performance issues, look it up in the Steam-forum.

Also I don't know where else to put it because you don't get a Steamkey but World in Conflict Complete is 2,49$ (-5% IAMANELDERGEEK) on Gamersgate right now. Good deal.

Dingotech

Hope this isn't ban worthy...

Just got my refund for the Borderlands 2 4-pack stuff up from Gamersgate, really appreciate that they finally came through.

Everybody should buy the Dawn of War Collection before it bails in 1 hour.

I bought the pack even though I own all the DoW2 games and the DoW GOTY game!
DoW 1 expansions + loot won me over :p

dreamfall

Just when I thought I was out, Garry pulls me back in.

I'm really excited about Miasmata, but the whole "survive from the beast" aspect has me a bit spooked. Here I was thinking I was just going to pick flowers and explore....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Amusingly enough, somebody at Valve noticed the change and thought, "I'm having none of that" -- the game's Community Hub has an apostrophe in the title (the (R) is still present, though).

Hope this isn't ban worthy...

Just got my refund for the Borderlands 2 4-pack stuff up from Gamersgate, really appreciate that they finally came through.

Everybody should buy the Dawn of War Collection before it bails in 1 hour.

I bought the pack even though I own all the DoW2 games and the DoW GOTY game!
DoW 1 expansions + loot won me over :p

V this is holding me back :S

Warhammer games are the worst offenders....

krzy123

I think the Batman GOTYs have title consistency issues. Not on steam right now, but my player profile page lists:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
Batman: Arkham City GOTY

cmooon.

mrgone

I'm really excited about Miasmata, but the whole "survive from the beast" aspect has me a bit spooked. Here I was thinking I was just going to pick flowers and explore....

medicine-man-1992-05-g_zpsa03132f7.jpg

Just imagine you're this guy while you're searching for the cure. That should boost your confidence a little. :)

How is the game? I'm really intrigued by what I've seen but I get the feeling it'll just be Amnesia but out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom