• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Another Loosum fan? There's not enough of her in the game, that's for sure.

I think RAGE's alright, it's just not that great in one way or another at anything that doesn't involve firing a gun, so to me it just ends up being a little tedious.

I also don't understand why the AK is so shitty in that game, it takes like a million bullets to kill anyone with it.

Loosum? Not really sure who you're talking about lol. I'm guessing a character I meet later on?

elfinke

Is any of the Fable games worth a damn?

I enjoyed all three. They're games alright, no more, no less. The first was probably my favourite, but its been so damn long since I played it I have no idea if it holds up now.

The Fable series and its 'decline', and/or streamlining, closely mirrors that of Mass Effect, come to think of it. Hmmmm...

dani_dc

Flash Deals:
Tropico 4 - 80%
L.A. Noire - 75%
Miasmata - 50%

Saw a few people around here hoping for Miasmata, so there we go!

The_End

Oh, how is it then compard to the first game? I think I read somewhere in this thread that LC isn't as good as the first Fable game @_@.

It's the first game with a little extra content thrown in. You could think of it as a GOTY version, I guess.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You guys didn't get the Dead Spaces on Origin? :O
No, I hated DRM back then. Then I found out 90% of the games I got there had it, said "Screw it" and now I'm a happier man -albeit one with his PC infested with stupid SecuROM.

DagsJT

I was after the Tropico 4 Modern Times DLC but, because I had the Amazon copy, the DLC was too expensive. So it's actually been cheaper for me to double-dip and buy Tropico 4 on Steam and grab MT as well.

I just want to give a big shout out to metalshade01 for surprising me just now with a nostalgic trip back to my childhood, via Oddworld. Thanks so much! =D

metalshade

I just want to give a big shout out to metalshade01 for surprising me just now with a nostalgic trip back to my childhood, via Oddworld. Thanks so much! =D

You're welcome dude. Sorry I couldn't throw strangers wrath in there too, I'm running out of cash, I have been gifting left right and centre. Seeing as how I don't celebrate Christmas, I still like gifting when I can.

graywolf323

oh come on, I am loving FTL but this is BS especially on easy

why does the final boss
get to fully heal between our first encounter and our second but I'm pretty much just fucked?

NZNova

How's Miasmata?

Giant Bomb did a quicklook for it that was pretty good. The major gameplay aspect is basically using orienteering to navigate your way around the island and try to figure out what's up. Looks really interesting to me.

cooooool.png

Out of fuckin' nowhere.

Thanks Type-2, whoever you are. I hope you find your lost brother, Type-1. He is technically your superior but his heart was made wrong and he became evil. You, however, while physically weak, have been blessed with kindness and a heart that's true.

You're welcome dude. Sorry I couldn't throw strangers wrath in there too, I'm running out of cash, I have been gifting left right and centre. Seeing as how I don't celebrate Christmas, I still like gifting when I can.

You don't need to be sorry! This is perfect! Thanks again, I truly appreciate it. You're doing a great thing.

So, are we now officially at that point whereby we can fondly look back at prior winter sales and regale which items went on sale then and not now?

This sale has been severely disappointing, got £40 in Steam vouchers for crimbo and I still have £30 left!

Is steam down for anyone else? I was wanting to check out a few games but the site doesn't open >_<.

Community is still up for me, but the store is down. Error code 102 Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

Macka

Is steam down for anyone else? I was wanting to check out a few games but the site doesn't open >_<.
Came to post the same thing. Open the program and try to open the store, all I get is this:

Error Code: -102

Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

It says that while Dota 2 continues to update, so it must just be the store.

Echoplx

Yep, looks like there's still one guy fighting for us at Valve, probably lost his job to pull the plug and save us from the repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom