• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingotech

I'm still waiting for a good Dishonored deal from Greenmangaming...

Didn't they have a ~$20 deal about a month ago, I felt like I was going to get at least that sort of sale during Xmas.

I'm still waiting for a good Dishonored deal from Greenmangaming...

Didn't they have a ~$20 deal about a month ago, I felt like I was going to get at least that sort of sale during Xmas.

I've been looking for a good ~$25 deal on that game for a couple of days now, having missed the previous sales.

Dingotech

Just because I'm talking about it on another forum I'm going to double check.

The XCOM key for $25 at Amazon isn't region restricted in anyway is it?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It kills me that not only has Borderlands 2 been on sale 4 times, but that it was voted for this last time.
Again I ask: Which of the other 2 choices (Hitman Absolution and Darksiders 2) hadn't been on sale before? Don't complain about the winner, complain about the choices available.

Again I ask: Which of the other 2 choices (Hitman Absolution and Darksiders 2) hadn't been on sale before? Don't complain about the winner, complain about the choices available.

I'd rather see Hitman on sale, since it would match it's previous (one time) biggest discount. At this point Borderlands 2 should just be permanently put at $25 and out of sales repetition.

Dingotech

For what it's worth I voted for Borderlands 2....

Only because all the games available had been on sale and Borderlands 2 is my personal GOTY. :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather see Hitman on sale, since it would match it's previous (one time) biggest discount. At this point Borderlands 2 should just be permanently put at $25 and out of sales repetition.
But would you really buy it there? Amazon had it for 20 bucks if I'm not mistaken, so there's zero reason to get it from Steam. I thought everyone knew by now that Steam's sales on newer games were pretty much a joke, compared to other DD services (Prototype 2 for $20 vs. P1+P2+DLC for $7.50 on Amazon, for example).

I'm complaining about you complaining about his complaining.
Sounds fair. Meta-meta complaining, I believe.

Is Tropico 4: Modern Times strongly recommended along with the base game?

seems like thats the only DLC recommended. trying to justify the purchase myself

But would you really buy it there? Amazon had it for 20 bucks if I'm not mistaken, so there's zero reason to get it from Steam. I thought everyone knew by now that Steam's sales on newer games were pretty much a joke, compared to other DD services (Prototype 2 for $20 vs. P1+P2+DLC for $7.50 on Amazon, for example).

GMG had the Professional addition for $25 plus $5off/$7back

HoosTrax

Can we expect the game selection and prices on the Amazon Editor's Choice ($5 credit eligible list) to stay the same the whole time? I think I own all of the Steam games I've even remotely interested in (i.e. everything that's not a sports game, DNF, or that farm game), other than TWD which isn't on sale.

Can we expect the game selection and prices on the Amazon Editor's Choice ($5 credit eligible list) to stay the same the whole time? I think I own all of the Steam games I've even remotely interested in (i.e. everything that's not a sports game, DNF, or that farm game), other than TWD which isn't on sale.

As Tony said, games will be added within the month!

Dingotech

No, apparently there will be further sales during January and thus opportunities to use your coupons.

1-D_FTW

Caved and used one of my two Amazon keys on Kingdom of Amalur Complete for 9.99. Well done, Rhode Island. In your bid to maximize your revenue (and cut losses), you got nothing. Only a fool is going to pay 60 bucks for your lousy game when competing services are discounting the game by 80+ percent. Well, done.

Steam Wishlist -1.

Dingotech

Caved and used one of my two Amazon keys on Kingdom of Amalur Complete for 9.99. Well done, Rhode Island. In your bid to maximize your revenue (and cut losses), you got nothing. Only a fool is going to pay 60 bucks for your lousy game when competing services are discounting the game by 80+ percent. Well, done.

Steam Wishlist -1.

If you haven't realised yet it's because the ownership of the game transferred.

EA can still discount the game because they have the distribution rights, the Steam version is owned by some US state (Rode Island sp?) that couldn't know/careless about Steam sales.

1-D_FTW

If you haven't realised yet it's because the ownership of the game transferred.

EA can still discount the game because they have the distribution rights, the Steam version is owned by some US state (Rode Island sp?) that couldn't know/careless about Steam sales.

I think that's the entire point of my post. Rhode Island is a fool and their stupid and greedy tactics are going to result in them getting zero return on that ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom