• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Please explain this DOTA 2 stuff to me.

Does everyone have multiple copies of the game, for free? Or is it just a beta test?

The game is still in closed beta, and the Holiday Pack on offer affords you access to the beta, as well as some in-game items; but there are a deluge of standard invites on offer that render this cost irrelevant*.

* Unless you care for such things.

Edit: b10.

I know the community voted it but seriously, Valve should have never even put it up as a choice in the 1st place. There's so many games they can be discounting even further and they keep on repeating...

it'll be back on the flash deals then back into daily deals.

Soi-Fong

The game is still in closed beta, and the Holiday Pack on offer affords you access to the beta, as well as some in-game items; but there are a deluge of standard invites on offer that render this cost irrelevant*.

* Unless you care for such things.

Edit: b10.

I need something cleared up, LOL is bigger than Dota 2 though right in terms of players?

Volcynika

AthbK.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I need something cleared up, LOL is bigger than Dota 2 though right in terms of players?

Yes, easily.

It's also been out longer and is available to everyone, though there are plenty of folks who will tell you that they like Dota 2 better.

I have no opinion either way.

You know what's a surprisingly interesting game?

Faerie Solitaire.

Soi-Fong

Yes, easily.

It's also been out longer and is available to everyone, though there are plenty of folks who will tell you that they like Dota 2 better.

I have no opinion either way.

You know what's a surprisingly interesting game?

Faerie Solitaire.

Lol Yeah I actually have it. Got it when it was free for a ill bit on Steam. My GF loves the game also. Lol

An-Det

Solid deals today. Deus Ex and Alan Wake are fantastic, Fable TLC is a great simple rpg for that price, and I've heard good things about Isaac. Shame Terraria isn't 75% off like in the past and that this is mostly repeats.

And now I've already changed my mind on Alan Wake. Played through the first one on 360 and while I dug the atmosphere, the gameplay was super repetitive and the enemy dialogue was too goofy for my tastes. Haven't played American Nightmare so I may just get that one standalone. Not sure. I did add more funds to my wallet but it's the last stretch of cash I could throw in so now I'm being even more picky than I was before.

Really want a discount on Silent Hill.

JaseC

Even for people who have no interest in Wake, that's just good advice.

True, but experiencing either and involving oneself in the other results in a greater appreciation for the source material.

hym

Banned
For those new to Alan Wake, you should watch Twin Peaks either beforehand or thereafter.

And a couple best of from The Twilight Zone for those who want to play Alan Wake's American Nightmare, knowing that context and grasping the references really made it a lot more enjoyable.

Dr Dogg

One day Fable 3 will go under £5. One day.

Funnily it was ages ago on a Games for Windows promotion. What a right pain though is GFWL very rarely if ever have a sale on dlc for any game not just Fable so having Traitors Keep and the Understone Quest dangled in front of my face is a right pain. Whats more with Steam is that if you dont have the game in your library then you can't buy any dlc or have it gifted to you even though it's just keys to enter into GFWL. I think old age and having a huge Steam backlog has turned me into a rather cynical git.

JaseC

And a couple best of from The Twilight Zone for those who want to play Alan Wake's American Nightmare, knowing that context and grasping the references really made it a lot more enjoyable.

Sound advice, indeed!

cicero

I am surprised at how, for the first time, all the buying I did during the Autumn Sale wasn't surpassed one single time by any of the Steam Holiday sales. Previously, I actually would wait to buy things knowing that they would definitely get bigger discounts 3 weeks later. I threw caution to the wind this time though, because I missed the Summer Sale, and actually came out better in some cases than I would have had I waited.

I think it safe to say that my money will be going towards more GOG purchases.

Derrick01

Banned
is the deus ex dlc worth it?

Missing Link is fantastic. In some ways it's better than the full game since the level design is a bit stronger and at first you don't have any of your skills/powers/upgrades that make the game so boring and easy.

DaBuddaDa

Are the deals bad or do you just already own the games? Not sure how these are bad deals, they're almost all -75% off. Is anyone honestly expecting shit like "Far Cry 3 for $20!" or "Skyrim for $9.99!"?

JaseC

I think it safe to say that my money will be going towards more GOG purchases.

I said the same thing last year, but then, circa Summer Sale 2012, I began buying stuff simply because my account lacked it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom