• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

DAMN IT STEAM !!!

I will NOT buy GTA complete collection ><

I ... I ...

Maybe ...

NO !!!! I already spend TOO MUCH !

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I played a bit of it, it has some promise, but it seems a bit cheesy. I like what I've played of it so far. I think I paid $5 for it so I don't regret the purchase. $14 and I may have had buyers remorse.
To me that sounds like a "75% or bust" type of game. Maybe I'll get the Thief collection instead, never played any of them.

Someone please convince me not to spend any more money.

To me that sounds like a "75% or bust" type of game. Maybe I'll get the Thief collection instead, never played any of them.

Someone please convince me not to spend any more money.

I played I Am Alive on the 360. It's honestly not worth $0.00.

Bought Thief Gold earlier in the Winter Sale and started playing it today. Now that's a great game. If you buy either Thief Gold or Thief 2, download the TFix patch.

Edit: Although I'm sure that the "colorful" mod would add a lot of value to I Am Alive.

I know, I've been here all along too lol. I didn't know I wanted it until I watched like 2 hours of footage and realized it was pretty damn awesome.

Now I can't stop thinking about it :p.

I knew this would happen if I didn't buy it, so I did. :p
I like it so far, but it's a janky mess (weird controls/movement, terrible performance) and I can see a lot of people hating it. Will try to play more and hopefully finish it tomorrow.
I don't mind the 7,50€ I paid for it, but in general I'd recommend waiting for a slightly bigger discount to avoid disappointment. I feel like this needs a long demo so people know what they're getting into.

baconcow

What is the best Serious Sam game? Out of those available, I an interested in either of the HD remakes or Serious Sam 3: BFE (which has my interest the most).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I played I Am Alive on the 360. It's honestly not worth $0.00.

Bought Thief Gold earlier in the Winter Sale and started playing it today. Now that's a great game. If you buy either Thief Gold or Thief 2, download the TFix patch.

Edit: Although I'm sure that the "colorful" mod would add a lot of value.
The TFix patch is mandatory to make the games run, or is it just recommended? I always like my first playthrough of a game to be as vanilla as possible.

Different opinions on I Am Alive. I'll wait on that one, I'm in no hurry to play it.

Any opinions on Thief: Deadly Shadow? Does it hold up compared to the first two thief games? Only reason I didn't pick it up in the summer sale was hearing that it wasn't as good, or not that great of a thief game.

The TFix patch is mandatory to make the games run, or is it just recommended? I always like my first playthrough of a game to be as vanilla as possible.

Different opinions on I Am Alive. I'll wait on that one, I'm in no hurry to play it.

What scorpscarx said. You would need to install it to run the game at resolutions higher than 800x600.

Any opinions on Thief: Deadly Shadow? Does it hold up compared to the first two thief games? Only reason I didn't pick it up in the summer sale was hearing that it wasn't as good, or not that great of a thief game.

It's a great game, and holds up well placed side by side with the older one's considering their graphical handicap.

Gamewise I thought it was pretty mediocre when I played it at launch being that Thief gold is my favorite game of all time.

Derrick01

Banned
Steam really needs to stop forgetting my settings every time I have to restart my PC from the tower. It's getting really annoying.

Omega

Banned
I have a code for Far Cry 3 (you also get $20 off MoH but I'm sure no one cares) that I got with my GPU.

I have no interest in FC3 so I'm contemplating exchanging it if anyone would want to work something out.

Nabs

"Only" 66% off? Meh, I'll wait for 75%.

Oh, and opinions on I Am Alive? Have it on my wishlist, but I'm not sure if I should get it or not right now.

Opinions are definitely all over the place with this one. I personally enjoyed it. I liked the atmosphere, combat, and platforming. I guess it isn't for everyone, but it's easily worth $5 if it seems like it's your type of game.

Steam really needs to stop forgetting my settings every time I have to restart my PC from the tower. It's getting really annoying.

How are you quitting Steam?

Aguirre

currently playing through deadly shadows. its good but i get annoyed when im in the city hub trying to find where to go.

get it! has amazingly hilarious dialogue from npcs in english accents

zkylon

zkylewd
Man, I can't believe I spent so much money on the shittiest of sales.

And now To The Moon is taunting me with its measly 66%.

Well I guess I have to break the 100$ mark one way or another...

Zimbardo

so on friday and saturday, Steam will have new daily deals i assume, right?

i mean, it says 'new deals every day' on Steam and the last day of sales is the 5th ...so it sounds like that to me.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The former, and I thought you bought those games last xmas lol.
You mean in 2011? No, I wasn't even around here, lol. I don't have any of them yet, but they look interesting and I've heard lots of great things about the first 2. Any reason I shouldn't buy them now? (I like stealth games but I SUCK at them)

Opinions are definitely all over the place with this one. I personally enjoyed it. I liked the atmosphere, combat, and platforming. I guess it isn't for everyone, but it's easily worth $5 if it seems like it's your type of game.
That's actually the problem. It seems interesting, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. And with the size of my backlog, and all the games I bought on this sale, I want to try and make every buck count.

graywolf323

i mean, it says 'new deals every day' on Steam and the last day of sales is the 5th ...so it sounds like that to me.

not on Saturday, it looks like everything ends at 1pm EST on Saturday

baconcow

Everything ends in 42 hours, so the last dailies will likely be tomorrow, ending in 24 hours. I assume they will not linger beyond 24 hours, though, like the others, which lasted 48 hours.

Nabs

You mean in 2011? No, I wasn't even around here, lol. I don't have any of them yet, but they look interesting and I've heard lots of great things about the first 2. Any reason I shouldn't buy them now?

That's actually the problem. It seems interesting, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. And with the size of my backlog, and all the games I bought on this sale, I want to try and make every buck count.

You gotta come up with a system to beat games! Right now you should just focus on buying things that may not be on the store in a year. Everything else will be cheaper in the future!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You gotta come up with a system to beat games! Right now you should just focus on buying things that may not be on the store in a year. Everything else will be cheaper in the future!
Like what, for example? Licensed games that may expire? Those could make my account very valuable, in case I ever want to sell it.

Not that I'd want to, and Valve can ban it. But it works anyway for bragging purposes.

"Hey ladies, guess what, I own Prey on Steam!" (I'd totally like to try this one someday xD)

Or I could dedicate 100% to play games, but it's not even half as fun as buying them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Should I buy Vice city or San Andreas? Maybe both as I've never really spent much time with either.
Both are great, but Vice City is my personal favorite. That soundtrack is perfect.
Make sure you also listen to VCPR: "Only 23 people died, and most of them probably deserved it."

And now I want to replay it. Luckily I don't own it on Steam and don't have it installed, or else my backlog would suffer even more.

Platy

San Andreas is bigger, better and has BMX, wich is the best vehicle ever to be in a GTA.

Vice City has a better atmosphere

Both are great, but Vice City is my personal favorite. That soundtrack is perfect.
Make sure you also listen to VCPR: "Only 23 people died, and most of them probably deserved it."

And now I want to replay it. Luckily I don't own it on Steam and don't have it installed, or else my backlog would suffer even more.

Steam version has problems with soundtrack, so some songs are out.

Deadbeat

Banned
I got 7.55 left in my steam wallet and I dont know what to buy. I was thinking of spec ops but it isnt at 75% off.

Wheres that hidden game deal list thing that someone keeps spamming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom