• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see any combat or anything to keep me interested.

It's almost a visual novel in terms of level of interaction.

If you're the kind of gamer that enjoyed Dear Esther, Journey or other "non-games" [in terms of level of interaction, To the Moon isn't abstract like the aforementioned] you owe it to yourself to pick it up.

wth, I got errors when trying to buy to the moon and now it's back at -50% on the store page...

edit: and back at -66% it seems, but I still can't buy it. Stop teasing me steam!

solarus

wth, I got errors when trying to buy to the moon and now it's back at -50% on the store page...

edit: and back at -66% it seems, but I still can't buy it. Stop teasing me steam!

Yeah I'm getting that too. Tbh I was all excited to buy to the Moon but I've filled my backlog recently with a lot of big stuff from amazon and gmg with stuff like dark souls that I think I'll hold off until it's in some bundle. Only Nagoshi deserves my money now.

jph139

Crap, 39 cents short for To The Moon. I was hoping that'd go down to 75% off and spend my last few bucks on it... probably going to end up buying Poker Night at the Inventory then.

Dark Souls... bought. I suppose it was just going to happen regardless of how hard I tried to resist. Feels good though, now I can finally start getting cheaper things and not worrying about it. It brought my wallet down to $1.45 though lol

No To the Moon for me, at least not yet. I'm sure it'll be cheaper by the next sale. Now I want to get stuff like Fallout 3, Arkham Asylum, Silent Hill Homecoming, some cheap SEGA games... speaking of, when you buy the SEGA collection packs, they're all filed under that one category in your library, but what happens when you buy them individually? Say I bought Shining Force, would Shining Force get its own entry in the library?

HoosTrax

Between Dear Esther and To the Moon, I enjoyed TTM way more. I think "pretentious" is the word I would use to describe Dear Esther. I liked the two main characters in TTM and their interactions and personality, and also the plot was more intriguing to me. The way it worked up to the climax. You could see the ending of Dear Esther coming from a mile away. The main draw for me was the amazing level design work.

By the way, To the Moon is going to end up as an episodic series starring the two main characters.

jsrv

is it just me or are the servers for adding funds to steam wallet overloaded? I can't even load the page :\

Torraz

Nearly got through with a transaction, but then error code... Not sure if the payment went through but no games were given :/.

edit:
Now I'm getting "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed."

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
is it just me or are the servers for adding funds to steam wallet overloaded? I can't even load the page :\

There's lots of issues on that end. It's not remembering my CC info. But I have 11 hours to buy To The Moon so I'll put it on the backburner for now.

Well that's weird, thief gold and quake both had community votes and the franchises didn't get the same discount, guess it's up to the publisher and I assume codemasters wouldn't have done it considering their lack of sales this year

Yeah I remeber voting for Quake and getting excited when it won thinking I could pickup Quake 4 to complete the collection on Steam. Not only was it only the original Quake, but 4 isn't even included in the franchise pack. Like you said though, it's likely up to the publisher.

baconcow

Either way. I do not understand the mentality of the voters choosing games that have had dailies and half-dailies. It is entirely possible Dirt 2 or $5 would have been saying "Hello, baconcow, come play me you well-voting bastard!"... in an alternate universe.

renitou

Civ V Game of the Year upgrade is a tremendous deal at $5 (especially if you have a few bucks sitting in your Steam wallet from flipping crates ; ) ). Little bitter they just give you the DLC and don't upgrade your license to GotY, though...
What is the difference?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Either way. I do not understand the mentality of the voters choosing games that have had dailies and half-dailies. It is entirely possible Dirt 2 or $5 would have been saying "Hello, baconcow, come play me you well-voting bastard!"... in an alternate universe.

Since I own / don't want almost everything featured in the voting rounds, I just vote for the game I like the best. Go Recettear.

bigace33

"Only" 66% off? Meh, I'll wait for 75%.

Oh, and opinions on I Am Alive? Have it on my wishlist, but I'm not sure if I should get it or not right now.

I played a bit of it, it has some promise, but it seems a bit cheesy. I like what I've played of it so far. I think I paid $5 for it so I don't regret the purchase. $14 and I may have had buyers remorse.

Smokey

Why the hell is redeeming a Steam card (that I got from Best Buy) so fucking janky?

I click Redeem a Steam Wallet code and all I get is the loading circle. Then it finally moves forward with the code in a box and I press continue numerous times and it's not doing shit.

Why the hell is redeeming a Steam card (that I got from Best Buy) so fucking janky?

I click Redeem a Steam Wallet code and all I get is the loading circle. Then it finally moves forward with the code in a box and I press continue numerous times and it's not doing shit.
Steam is dying at the moment

Omega

Banned

i've never had a problem.

sounds like Steam is just acting up right now so that's probably why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom