• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When I buy Just Cause 2 from Get Games will I get a Steam code right away?

You should do, yes.

There is, I was just to lazy to capture it. :)

sale_total.jpg

Well done, sir, although factoring in November is disingenuous. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You can't make this shit up.

Steam said:
Steam extends holiday sale to Jan. 7, most popular sale titles to receive encore deals

Steam will extend its winter sale three more days in a special Encore Weekend event, Valve announced today.

Originally scheduled to end today, the Steam Holiday Sale will be extended through Monday. The sale's Encore Weekend will begin on Saturday, Jan. 5 at 1 p.m. ET and run until Monday, Jan. 7 at 1 p.m. ET.

The sale will consist of discounts and deals on "a select number of the most sought-after titles" from the Steam Holiday Sale, which began on Dec. 20.
Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/4/383...day-sale-to-jan-7-most-popular-sale-titles-to

My haul:
  • Syberia Collection
  • Symphony
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane (A gift from the wishlist thread!)
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Rocketbirds
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Warp
  • DustForce
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy - Four Pack
  • Bastion
  • Dear Esther
  • Ticket to Ride Complete Pack
  • Amazon's Darksiders Bundle
Not bad. It should keep me busy for awhile. I really stocked up on a lot of smaller/indie titles I've wanted to try

j-wood

The encore announcement cements my suspicion that publishers give steam a set number of keys to sell at a set discount

x3sphere

Legacy of Kain Collection - $6.12
Tomb Raider Collection - $15
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - $3.74
Max Payne 3 - $10
Mark of the Ninja - $7.49
Thirty Flights of Loving - $2.49
Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold base + 2 DLC - $1.99
Natural Selection 2 - $7.50
Spec Ops - $2.49
Hotline Miami - $2.49

Less than I've spent in years past, but still a good haul :)

The only Sleeping Dogs DLC worth its money is actually Nightmare in North Point - if you have to get one, this is the best. The others are just stupid skin and weapon packs, and filler "missions" which do not add anything and prove to be boring.

Even the Zodiac Tournament dlc is not worth its current asking price, as it's just 5 or 6 battles with artificial difficulty (not being able to see the other guy flashing red in order to parry, because the screen colours are all bright, or not being able to turn the camera around because Wei is not in his top shape during the fight), and which is over in less than 40 minutes. I had much more fun with the fight clubs in the vanilla game, than with the dlc.

Edit: It's really sad that the Ys deal hasn't returned yet. Tomorrow it'll be Skyrim and BLOPS 2 and MW3 and so many thrice-repeated crap all over again.

justjim89

I need help deciding: Max Payne 3 or Sleepy Dawgs? I have Max Payne 1 + 2 and have been playing through them. Sleepy Dawgs looks like a better game overall, but I already have several big open world games already in my backlog.

Which one should I get?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Rayman never went on sale, did it...

masterkajo

Spent €33,86 so far (without gifts of course). Was a lot worse last time.
Still deciding on Sleeping Dogs. Would really love to play it but it hasn't quite reached my sweet spot yet.

Also, how is Trials 2: Second Edition? Worth its price of €5? I am itching to play a Trials game right now and Trials Evolution Gold Edition seems to take its time (anyone know a release date?). I wish I got in the Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom