• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileena

Banned
I need help deciding: Max Payne 3 or Sleepy Dawgs? I have Max Payne 1 + 2 and have been playing through them. Sleepy Dawgs looks like a better game overall, but I already have several big open world games already in my backlog.

Which one should I get?
SLEEPING DOGS!

It's not even close man.

They are clearly extending the sale because they know of our disappointment with it and are going to have amazing deals during this so called Encore weekend, right guys?

Seriously, I at least hope they put RPG Maker VX Ace back on sale at least. I didn't think I needed it during the flash sale but now I really regret not buying it....

I have two gifts in my inventory, one especially relevant today:

-Amnesia
-Puzzle Agent

If someone wants one or both, shoot a friend request to Purvispisgah on Steam and I'll gift them.

Edit: Both have been taken.

Prezhulio

ooo sale extended? so when steam puts up hotline miami for $5 again, wonder if amazon will price match (and thus be free with editor's choice coupons)

graywolf323

so the sale has been extended 48 hours yet only 24 hours has been added to the countdown timer on the non-daily/non-flash deal stuff :-/

edit: and a lot of it is still set to end tomorrow, I don't think Steam fully understands how to extend a sale...

masterkajo

I have two gifts in my inventory, one especially relevant today:

-Amnesia
-Puzzle Agent

If someone wants one or both, shoot a friend request to Purvispisgah on Steam and I'll gift them.

Oh, if Puzzle Agent is still available, that would be awesome. Sent you invite.

jrcbandit

Do you like point and click games? If you do, buy Gemini Rue. I love that game, and I think it's one of the best ones out there.

Hmm, I want to buy it but I don't think it ever went on sale more than the normal 50% off unless I missed a flash sale? Of course the extended sale will be more repeats of repeats with the voting being more repeats... I want Giana sisters to win voting but torchlight 2 will so it can be on sale for the 5th time.

My haul this year?
Torchlight 2

GMG
Lego Lord of the Rings. $9
Xcom enemy unknown $17.50

Amazon:
Lego batman 2. $7.50

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
ooo sale extended? so when steam puts up hotline miami for $5 again, wonder if amazon will price match (and thus be free with editor's choice coupons)

This actually happened a few days ago! Was kind of irritated when I found out since I spent $2.50 and haven't played it yet.

so the sale has been extended 48 hours yet only 24 hours has been added to the countdown timer on the non-daily/non-flash deal stuff :-/

edit: and a lot of it is still set to end tomorrow, I don't think Steam fully understands how to extend a sale...
Given that only the "most popular" sale titles will be part of the encore, it makes sense that a lot of the deals end tomorrow...

cicero

Was this coupon sent by e-mail perhaps?
If you bought a digital game from Amazon from like November 18thish through December, you had the $5 Amazon 2012 Editor's Choice coupon auto-applied to your account. It will show up when you purchase games from THIS PAGE alone. Also, the deals on that page will be added to, and sometimes removed based on the length of some of the special promos or if they sell out of keys, through this entire month.

Cyrillus

Anyone have any impressions/recommendations for Forge? It looks decently interesting for $10. I was thinking about buying a 4-pack and having a fun weekend with some buddies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hehehe. Just got this from Valve. You guys will enjoy this:

A sale extension for EVEN MORE REPEATS!
Exactly as I said yesterday. This is truly the Groundhog day, all year long we'll have to suffer through the same repeats, over and over and over until we start bleeding and fall to the ground on our knees crying and ask Garry to never discount a game again and promise him to buy everything day 1 at full price and never bother him again with Half-Life 3.

IT HAS BEGUN.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The sale itself hasn't been extended by 48 hours, just the last lot of Dailies that compose the encore.

My screams will be at you Fraysur while I cry and weep in the corner!
N0jiE.jpg

cicero

There is always the possibility that with some of these Steam repeat deals we might hit a decent price point when price matched by Amazon and including a $5 Editor's Choice coupon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Rage worth it for 4.99?

Absolutely. It has some of the finest vintage FPS gameplay in recent years, wrapped in light RPG elements (namely loot and a quest-based mission structure) and don't-mind-it-or-loathe-it vehicular gameplay which is itself enveloped within two hub-based worlds. Much of the disappointment you may have heard was born from misunderstanding, as many erroneously assume it to be something of a Fallout-meets-Borderlands hybrid.

Grief.exe

The sad thing is I still want to buy stuff.

Come on GAF, sell me something.
no i will not buy FTL

Here's my library

Single Player:
Dark Souls
FTL
KOTOR 1
Mount & Blade: Warband
Stalker: COP
Orcs Must Die
Terraria
Batman Series
Riddick (Securom)
ARMA II (Day Z)

Multiplayer/Co-op:
Chivalry
Planetside 2
Dead Rising 2
L4D
Killing Floor
Counter-Strike: GO

To be honest, going through your library I saw amazing games that you haven't even played or barely played.

New Vegas, oh yeah!
Steam Announces Weekend Encore to Its 2012 Holiday Sale
Announcement - Valve
Gamers will have a final opportunity to get their favorite games on Steam. A select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale will reprise their biggest discounts for two additional days. The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5th (Saturday) and run until 10am PST on January 7th (Monday).

It hasn't been a daily, flash or community choice.

Wok

Don't buy anything and play Spec Ops: The Line, God damn it!

And yes... do play Terraria actually.

Or any of these games:
  • Rayman Origins
  • Mafia II
  • Hotline Miami
  • Binding of Isaac
  • Deus Ex HR
  • Dishonored
  • Giana Sisters
  • L.A. Noire
  • Skyrim
  • Trine 2