• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

Thinking of finally taking the plunge and buy Amnesia! On the other hand. My backlog has grown considerably. Resist temptation or take the plunge, that's the question.

ameridion

Neo Member
I have bought over 90 retail PC games and all I'm playing is Euro Truck Simulator 2, XCOM and Jetpack Joyride on PS3. I think I have a problem.

Wonko_C

Man I was waiting until tomorrow before the sale finished so I could finally buy Ether Vapor Remaster without fearing it'll get a daily or flash deal. Why Gabe Why!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wish to do things with/to your avatar.
Who's the girl in yours? Reminds me of the female twin in the movie EuroTrip, lol

I have bought over 90 retail PC games and all I'm playing is Euro Truck Simulator 2, XCOM and Jetpack Joyride on PS3. I think I have a problem.
Why didn't you buy them on Steam/Amazon DD/GMG? There was a sale these last weeks.

Unless by "retail" you mean regular games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New Vegas from Gamersgate for £2.50 in the next 11 hours or wait and risk if the Ultimate Edition goes on sale on steam?

What to do?!

Purchase the base game now and buy the DLC on Steam if it happens to show up as a Flash Sale/CC.

Echoplx

Quick, Evochron Mercenary , yay or nay?

Yay, it's difficult to master and sometimes even to get into but it's awesome once you learn all the mechanics, I put 80 hours into it.

PS the official site/forums has a lot of helpful guides for new players, and also a lot of technical manuals for advanced players.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Purchase the base game now and buy the DLC on Steam if it happens to show up as a Flash Sale/CC.

Remember that the GOTY edition is always cheaper than buying each DLC. I learned the hard way :/

I'm a little bit peeved that the Amazon sale actually got better after I used my $5 credit. :\
At least in the sense that Hotline Miami ended up being free, instead of the $2.50 it cost me. And now Spec Ops is only $2.50 with credit.
Ah well. I can't complain too much considering how much I've saved from this sale from Steam and Amazon.

Echoplx

I'm a little bit peeved that the Amazon sale actually got better after I used my $5 credit. :
At least in the sense that Hotline Miami ended up being free, instead of the $2.50 it cost me. And now Spec Ops is only $2.50 with credit.
Ah well. I can't complain too much considering how much I've saved from this sale from Steam and Amazon.

Should have bought some 50c Darksiders dlc to get more!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Remember that the GOTY edition is always cheaper than buying each DLC. I learned the hard way :/

Not in this case. The base game being available for 2.50 pounds from GG plus the added cost of the DLC at a hypothetical 75% discount on Steam equals a total of 7.25 pounds, while 75% off the Ultimate Edition on Steam would be 7.50 pounds.

Another Steam sale, another buncha games I may never get around to playing.

Ys Oath in Felghana 3.74
Ys Origin 4.99
Super Street Fighter IV AE Complete 13.49
Critter Crunch 1.74
Home 1.01
McPixel 2.49
Alan Wake American Nightmare 3.74
Broken Sword Trilogy 1.99
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete 2.49
Dark Souls: PTD 14.99 (Amazon)
Spec Ops: The Line 5.25 (GMG)
Plus I was gifted The Blackwell Bundle and Resonance

Pretty happy with what I got this year, didn't spend too much and got a lot of groovy games.

Derrick01

Banned
So for the times that Borderlands 2 was on sale did they put all the DLC on sale too? I totally forgot all about that stuff. I wanted to get the pirate one.

NaM

Not in this case. The base game being available for 2.50 pounds from GG plus the added cost of the DLC at a hypothetical 75% discount on Steam equals a total of 7.25 pounds, while 75% off the Ultimate Edition on Steam would be 7.50 pounds.

0.25 cents. 0-.-2-5

Artofwar420

If I buy Sleeping Dogs DLC, will it start downloading them automatically??

I think so, granted, if you chose to keep Sleepy Dawgs updated it already did download it and all it will download after you buy is like a kilobytes sized thing to let you play it. At least that's what happened when I got the Nightmare DLC.

A follow on from this. Which are the best Sleeping Dogs DLC to get?

First, have you finished the main story? If not, I think stay away from things like money and exp DLC, makes things too easy. I enjoyed messing around dressed as a gang member from Big Trouble Little China. http://store.steampowered.com/app/215240/ Only played Nightmare DLC, it was okay, pretty short, but acceptable for the sale price. I saw a Quick Look of Zodiac Tournament and it seems awesome, retro Kung Fu goodness, albeit on the short side as well. Other than that, the costumes are as recommendable as your taste sees fit.

NaM

no

and if you have an ATI card: HELLLLLLLLLL NO

I agree. I played the game when it was released at a friend's house, he had an ATI card. It was terrible. And the game itself is meh. Worst ID game ever by far.

Wok

And it worked for you?

The world stopped being all blue and the game worked.

2945abd9-5199-46ba-8af2-cd963d003925.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom