• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Magicka's really random fun, buy it, but this time WFTDD.

I actually already bought it via a daily deal (I believe) but have yet to get around to playing it and I wanted to recommend it to a friend (once it was a daily) so I could do co-op).

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Whats all this nonsense about AMD cards?

Must have been a launch issue.

I played through the game months ago on my 6950 2GB and it ran flawlessly maxed out at 1080p.

Games I grabbed for myself:

HIB 7
Scribblenauts
Bioshock 2
FTL
Freedom Pack
Tropico 4: Modern Times

Games I got as gifts:

Tropico 4 (bornlivedie)
Two Worlds: Epic Edition (baconcow)
MYST Masterpiece (non-GAF)
They Bleed Pixels (Type_2)
Star Wolves (almostheathen)
Giana Sisters (non-GAF)
Hotline Miami (The Grim Heaper)
Half-Life 2 (snowysashay)
Bioshock (toasty_T)
Star Wars: KOTOR (non-GAF)
Universe Sandbox (ChrisWok)

Holy shit that was a memory test. I managed to remember every one with the exception of snowysashay (not my fault D= it was your name) without having to look it up. Your gifts left an impression, thanks guys, you are all awesome.

You're welcome :)

---

Actually you've got me wondering now.

Received
Miasmata (Type_2)
Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind (mavromatis.lozay)
Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy (DunderHussan)
Serious Sam 3: BFE & Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile (Isaccard)
Syberia Bundle (JDS)
Sonic Adventure 2 (jtir123)

So, thanks to you guys too!

SteamGAF really are a very generous group of people!

REV 09

So for the times that Borderlands 2 was on sale did they put all the DLC on sale too? I totally forgot all about that stuff. I wanted to get the pirate one.
I don't think the dlc was on sale on Steam. GMG occassionally puts the season pass on sale though. Both packs have been good so far.

I think so, granted, if you chose to keep Sleepy Dawgs updated it already did download it and all it will download after you buy is like a kilobytes sized thing to let you play it. At least that's what happened when I got the Nightmare DLC.

First, have you finished the main story? If not, I think stay away from things like money and exp DLC, makes things too easy. I enjoyed messing around dressed as a gang member from Big Trouble Little China. http://store.steampowered.com/app/215240/ Only played Nightmare DLC, it was okay, pretty short, but acceptable for the sale price. I saw a Quick Look of Zodiac Tournament and it seems awesome, retro Kung Fu goodness, if albeit on the short side. Other than that, the costumes are as recommendable as your taste sees fit.

I want to download the Nightmare DLC. I have not finished the game yet, is that ok? Is it possible to turn off DLC stuff from the game?

Shame the Zodiac Tournament is not discounted.

Interested in the Dragon Master Pack too (5 packs in 1)

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow, there's no save option in the Zodiac Tournament DLC for Sleeping Dogs, you have to blast through the entire thing in one go.

I was pretty far in but wanted to take a break so I quit to main menu.

This sucks.

Alex

I don't think the dlc was on sale on Steam. GMG occassionally puts the season pass on sale though. Both packs have been good so far.

GMG had the Season Pass for Borderlands 2 on sale for 14.99 + a coupon that knocked it down to $10, really nice deal.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Listen to this man. Is not even worth it, even if it was for free. Use that Bandwidth for something else.

As was said, it works perfectly now and has since close to launch.

I beat it over the summer on my AMD 69502GB and it ran like butter.

def sim

Wow, there's no save option in the Zodiac Tournament DLC for Sleeping Dogs, you have to blast through the entire thing in one go.

I was pretty far in but wanted to take a break so I quit to main menu.

This sucks.

It's super short. The giantbomb quicklook goes through the whole thing in half an hour, IIRC.

edit: nevermind it took them an hour

Isaccard

Why not FTL? :(

Despite the GAF praise, it's not my kinda game =/

Single Player:
Dark Souls
FTL
KOTOR 1
Mount & Blade: Warband
Stalker: COP
Orcs Must Die
Terraria
Batman Series
Riddick (Securom)
ARMA II (Day Z)

Multiplayer/Co-op:
Chivalry
Planetside 2
Dead Rising 2
L4D
Killing Floor
Counter-Strike: GO

To be honest, going through your library I saw amazing games that you haven't even played or barely played.

Yeah, work and school will do that unfortunately. I'm interested in Chivalry, hopefully it gets another sale. Will wait for stand alone DayZ.

1-D_FTW

Listen to this man. Is not even worth it, even if it was for free. Use that Bandwidth for something else.

Remind me to never take advice from you. We clearly have complete opposite tastes when it comes to gaming. Rage is great. I could even settle for someone saying they thought it was bad. Bad that? Come on, man.

Wok

Remind me to never take advice from you. We clearly have complete opposite tastes when it comes to gaming. Rage is great. I could even settle for someone saying they thought it was bad. Bad that? Come on, man.

I would say the lack of cover system cannot make the game great. Or maybe that is because I am not good at FPS.

Artofwar420

I want to download the Nightmare DLC. I have not finished the game yet, is that ok? Is it possible to turn off DLC stuff from the game?

Shame the Zodiac Tournament is not discounted.

Interested in the Dragon Master Pack too (5 packs in 1)

I know that Nightmare DLC has its own separate entry in the game menu, so don't worry too much about getting it now if you don't wanna play it yet. Yeah, I feel ya with the Zodiac DLC, though 5 bucks seems not too bad...

I actually already bought it via a daily deal (I believe) but have yet to get around to playing it and I wanted to recommend it to a friend (once it was a daily) so I could do co-op).

In that case yea, give it a shot, you 'cook' up spells in real time with asdf and other keys combining them to create chaos with hilarious results.

I played a lot when I first started but haven't really stuck with it.

There are survival modes as well as the lengthy campaigns and the coop is flawless.

The game is very limited when it comes to world hubs. Missions are boring, but level designs are solid, until the last stage. Side missions are dull, just like driving in this game. Th lack of a FPS MP was stupid. And the list goes on, I broke a lot of it down in the RAGE OT when the game came out. Hell, I beat the game on Nightmare on my first run. If the game had a better travel system, I probably would have enjoyed it a little better.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's super short. The giantbomb quicklook goes through the whole thing in half an hour, IIRC.

edit: nevermind it took them an hour

Seriously? Jesus Christ, so I actually WAS at the final fight.

I like these devs and all, but this DLC should've probably been free.

AHA-Lambda

Damage so far:

Lone Survivor
CS:GO
FTL + OST
Thomas Was Alone
Painkiller HD
Serious Sam 3 + DLC
Trauma

And still considering getting the Civ games and maybe picking up Hotline Miami in the encore deals cheap and then just waiting for the OSX support to come later.

So, I bought Sleeping Dogs on the 27th. That means the game is updated and all DLC should be small in size, right? RIGHT?!
I just don't want to buy DLC if they're big in size. Stupid autodownload + inabilty to play the game while downloading + slow connection = tears.

Matchew

Not sure where to ask this, but in San Andreas how do you do the Cesar Vialpando mission with the lower rider mini game, I can't get any of the inputs right. What are the buttons to do this? Thanks

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I would say the lack of cover system cannot make the game great. Or maybe that is because I am not good at FPS.
F.E.A.R. 3 is an FPS and has a cover system, while the prequels don't. So having one doesn't automatically make a game great. In fact, depending on the game it can be WAY worse because of it, like in the example I just gave.

NZNova

What's everyone's opinion on Magicka?

Magicka is great fun. Far more fun in co-op than single player though, it can be pretty hard if you're playing on your own. You have to think quickly and be able to tap out the right spells for the situations you're in (particularly the shield spells) and it can be quite tricky.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Not sure where to ask this, but in San Andreas how do you do the Cesar Vialpando mission with the lower rider mini game, I can't get any of the inputs right. What are the buttons to do this? Thanks

Numpad. 2 4 6 8, specifically.

Yeah, it's fucking dumb.

jediyoshi

I read that some Ati card users had a lot of issues with RAGE.

Were those exclusive to ati cards? Launch had a ton of issues, but I didn't see much in the way of things specifically in line with them. Seems like they'd pushed out drivers pretty quick post launch in any case

Glimpse into the future of Australian gaming:

captureqsjsn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom