• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

I've just picked this up and gone through the prologue, but it's all a little confusing and incomprehensible. I was waiting for it to cut away and explain or give some backstory, but it never did and I felt like I was missing something.

The whole thing isn't like this, is it? I don't have the patience right now for something that'll only make sense *later*.

hmmm its not really like that. The start is basically okabe is a "mad scientist" with his friends at his place. They attend a conference and the story goes from there. The story is very straight forward from what I remember

Wampiro

Neo Member
So I sent an email to amazon spain asking about my order and after an hour I received an email confirming the game has been shipped. Hooray!

@Yaari: Check your email, if you receive one from Amazon Sp with this subject:

Tu pedido de Amazon.es que contiene "Steins;Gate - Limited Edition" ha sido enviado

That translates to: "Your Amazon.es order wich contains "Steins Gate - Limited Edition" has been shipped"

Yaari

So I sent an email to amazon spain asking about my order and after an hour I received an email confirming the game has been shipped. Hooray!

@Yaari: Check your email, if you receive one from Amazon Sp with this subject:

Tu pedido de Amazon.es que contiene "Steins;Gate - Limited Edition" ha sido enviado

That translates to: "Your Amazon.es order wich contains "Steins Gate - Limited Edition" has been shipped"

I didn't get any email yet. Hopefully soon. Thanks though. That helps.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Might get it then. Would a European vita game work on a U.S. PSTV?

Yeah the only thing that is "region locked" with Vita hardware is just the storefront stuff. In the sense that the system can only take a single account per mem card or something like that.

But for actual physical game wise, you are good to go regardless.

Also updates are not linked to a specific region and you should be able to get updates to the game regardless of your PSN account region.

OMG Aero

This might be a dumb question but is there any way to preview text replies before you send them? Once I pick an option to reply to I can't find any way of backing out to see what the other replies would be instead.

Managed to play some of it today. Got to where it said I'm at chapter 1. The main character is a complete dork, not sure I like him much but it is very early days. I haven't really got anywhere to really say anything really. But I take it Dr P is basically Dr Pepper?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Managed to play some of it today. Got to where it said I'm at chapter 1. The main character is a complete dork, not sure I like him much but it is very early days. I haven't really got anywhere to really say anything really. But I take it Dr P is basically Dr Pepper?
Yup. Sounds like it got changed in the PS3/Vita version as well. I think it was changed in the PC version as well, but it was a different name.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
My Rice LE is still out there :(

y5Zfm.gif

Wampiro

Neo Member

Okarin is an awesome main character. He has big issues with his delusionals fantasies regarding conspirancy theories. Also he may look like he is mad. There is a reason for that, though, you will learn about it, that will probably change your thoughts.

Nevertheless, he is human, has his flaws but when time comes, he can be pretty badass too. It is one of those characters that can seem a bit off at the beginning, but the more you learn about him, the more interesting he gets.

In my opinion, all characters are very interesting, even some secondary ones that look like they will only play a support role can deliver some touching scenes, give them a chance.

Everything according to the anime series, of course, I have yet to play the game.

Also, yes, Dr Pepper:

dp10.png

Prelude.

Yesterday I contacted Zavvi so, since it's Saturday, now I'm waiting for Monday to come and check their answer, see my prepaid march preorder (most likely) canceled so I can order the game again from another store. Lovely.

zakujanai

Yesterday I contacted Zavvi so, since it's Saturday, now I'm waiting for Monday to come and check their answer, see my prepaid march preorder (most likely) canceled so I can order the game again from another store. Lovely.

One of many reasons I won't order from Zavvi. Worst one was when they lost my Shulk amiibo I'd had pre-irdered for months. No way I could replace that

Prelude.

This isn't meant to be rude, but if Zavvi is known to be so terrible, why did so many of you order from them exactly?
Most of the complaints are about packages being late or damaged but that's entirely on your local post office since they just ship the game using regular mail. But anyway, I order from them since more than 3 years and I never had any kind of issue, the only time a game arrived damaged (the case was cracked) I contacted them and they refunded me for the cost of a new case. But still, this is only my second pre-order from them so I had basically no experience on this regard. I pre-ordered Danganronpa 2 two day before release and they shipped it on the next one.

Edit: Oh and they sent me for free like three times artbooks that weren't even supposed to come with my orders so there's that.

zakujanai

I've ordered dozens of games from Zavvi and they all turned up fine - no delays or cancelled orders.

I've had stuff delayed, stuff go missing, even occasionally stuff getting to me way too early. They're always willing to replace or refund but I'd rather go with someone I can be sure will deliver on time. I believe S;G was cheaper from zavvi but went with Amazon to make sure I had it to play over the weekend.

Finally got an ETA.
June 11th.
Amazon uk.
Also ordered a second from amazon here in the us since they have a listing up.

If this is ps3 physical in NA ill pick that up too.

Standard
Ordered 2 days ago.
Honestly i dont see how it can be the 11th but not complaining.
Thats a weeks wait.
Usually my imports take longer.

_Ryo_

For those that have never played a VN before, I think Persona 3 Portable would make a great segue. It has map-dungeon gameplay but a lot of it is text and choices from a menu. Also Persona 3 Portable is fucking amazing so there's that.

Looking at the screenshots of this localization I gotta say I miss the text indicator from the original version. Those neon arrows were awesome.

DVCY201

My experience is only with the anime, and personally, I didn't like Okarin until about halfway through (then he grew on me instantaneously). There is a reason why he is like that, but the beginning is still so cringe worthy for me at points. I'm sure in the VN though you'll get a much more introspective look into his character though. So keep going, just know that the beginning is slow.

Wampiro

Neo Member
Mine is apparently supposed to be here on Wednesday from Spain and hasnt shipped yet. Been in Shipping Soon for 2 days now, probably wont ship til Monday

Contact Amazon Spain (there is an option to send an email regarding a specific order) and tell them you are waiting for it to be shipped and ask if there are any issues with your order, because it should be already delivered.

I did it this afternoon and one hour after, they shipped my game, they probably gave me priority because I asked. I´m just guessing, but looks plausible.

If you dont talk spanish post your message and I can translate it for you. Same for anyone who is dealing with Amazon Spain, I don´t have much free time but I can spare a moment to give a hand if needed..

Yaari

They have a english speaking customer chat too, but the lady couldn't do anything for me. I don't think she really understood my complaint.

Anyway I don't think it's getting shipped anymore. Not sure how its supposedly going to go from Spain towards the Netherlands in 3 days but whatever. As long as I get it somewhere next week I'll be happy.

She said I'd get a shipping notification but its so late now, I doubt that's happening today.

ramyeon

So I'm only on Chapter 1 still (These are long chapters!) but man the science talk in this game is so over my head most of the time. This won't detract too much from the story will it? Because reading the explanations of some time travel theories and quantum teleportation etc just do my head in.

Firestar

So I'm only on Chapter 1 still (These are long chapters!) but man the science talk in this game is so over my head most of the time. This won't detract too much from the story will it? Because reading the explanations of some time travel theories and quantum teleportation etc just do my head in.

The main story in my opinion is pretty easy to follow along, you don't really need to understand all of their nerd talk.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well from what I've seen in people screenshots so far it doesn't look like the console release got QA'd as well as the PC version.

Prelude.

So what exactly is the definitive version of the game, the PC or console version? Any differences?
PC is 576p, Vita is 544p (native), PS3 is 1080p. That's the only difference other than having a different opening.
So Vita is definitive because it's portable. :^)

RetroMG

Did not realize that I could buy a European copy through Amazon US and have it delivered through Prime on Tuesday.

So, yeah. Purchase complete. I've been wanting to play this forever, but it just hasn't ever quite worked out.

EDIT: Has anyone tried this in a Vita TV? I'm thinking my wife might like to play it too, so a big screen might be better.

We know it works, but I don't know that anyone has actually tried it. I'm interested to hear about the quality myself though.

It can't look much different from the native PC version which is 576p assets. I'll be playing my Vita version on both my Vita and PSTV and I expect it will look like the PC version I've already played partway through.

Top Bottom