• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Story Adventure ‘Dustborn’ Announces August 2024 Release, Special Physical Edition Detailed

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Although it's funny, there must be something off with this statistics?

I mean peak playercount is 8 in 2017

nqqEXgs.jpeg
I have no idea. It just went up to 13. That could be accurate lol

Got it after redeeming my playstation points for 10 bucks. I dont like to talk shit on games I dont play. Yeah 2 out of the 4 characters suck ass, the girlboss and the overweight driver. The other 2 are chill.
Ragnar you fuck why did you make this game instead of Longest Journey Home. At least there are still fans of TLJ who would gladly buy sight unseen If April and Crow are on the cover. Now your studio is pretty much over because you spent 4 years on..this.

8bitpill

A little insight on the developer. They're based in Oslo, Norway. A game about "diversity" coming out of Norway, this is a joke right...

For the younger crowd, look up what it takes to become a Norwegian citizen, I will save you a little time, it's not happening unless you have a direct nuclear relative.

What I want to see a Norwegian developer make when it comes to a game,

Wa0Q_k.gif

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Red Thread Games and Ragnar Tornquist has me interested, though I hope they haven't totally given up on having gameplay.

Ugly women out of the gate in the trailer.
Main character seems like alt-y hot girl, dunno what you're talking about.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Interestingly it's published by Quantic Dream. Can't say the game looks very good, but I don't know a lot about it.

Gambit2483

Seriously what sort of fantasy world were all these devs living in when they greenlit this stuff thinking it would sell?
The one SBI (or some other consultant agency) sold them on 8 years ago. We are now seeing the results of the heavy DEI shakedown/grift from several years back.

They know this game (and other games like this) will fail, but they have reached sunken cost fallacy at this point, and would look bad if they cancelled them at this point.

Maybe when the Pubs are tired of losing Millions and the Devs are tired of causing their own layoffs they push back on this crap.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The one SBI (or some other consultant agency) sold them on 8 years ago. We are now seeing the results of the heavy DEI shakedown/grift from several years back.

They know this game (and other games like this) will fail, but they have reached sunken cost fallacy at this point, and would look bad if they cancelled them at this point.

Maybe when the Pubs are tired of losing Millions and the Devs are tired of causing their own layoffs they push back on this crap.
I think that’s exactly right. Like 8 years ago they all drank the DEI kool aid. “Modern audiences are diverse, people want to play characters just like them, think of all the potential audience out there, stop making so many straight white men” etc etc.

Then covid hit, games got delayed, games got delayed some more because everyone works from home. By now everyone is sick to fucking death of “modern audiences” shite, girl bosses, overt moralizing and politicization of everything.

And now all these long delayed games are finally releasing, flopping horribly, and putting devs/studios out of business.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It must be thrilling for the devs knowing that the time, effort and money they spent bending over backwards to appease their target audience has paid of.

Mr Hyde

Just saw the launch trailer

Season 5 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

Probably the worst thing I've seen in quite some time. Absolutely horrendous, with awful music, boring characters and stiff combat. The devs can't possibly be happy with this game, it looked so bad it hurt my head just seeing it.

Top Bottom