• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

shinbojan

Banned
Do you expect that people from Europe will be able to play this without noticeable lag, as GGPO is used?
If not, maybe we should also add region next to our gamer tags.

vg260

_dementia said:
If you don't use your PS3 often, why would you even care about the theme? It's something you'll only see for 3 seconds before you load a Blu-ray or whatever.

I use it for exclusives and media features plenty and the theme looks cool.

sephi22

What's this about pre-order deadlines I hear? Anyway I bought a $50 US PSN account online for all 4 games. My regional PSN store charges $19.99 for TS, and $16.99 for each of the other 3 games. Also my US PSN account has PSN+ so its a no brainer.

PSN: sephi22 (Region: United Arab Emirates)
Might lag with Americans but I'm hoping GGPO makes it smooth with Europeans

feel free to add me for this or SSFIV AE - XBL GT: stuff and thing

i don't use a mic, but if you all at me through my speakers enough, I might use it. I would use it if someone wants to spar and try shit out. I use Makoto in both games and suck out loud.

kokujin said:
XBL: Epsil0n Eagle

What does the OP mean when talking about adding the metatag.
Add the tag to your friends list. Someone can then view that tag, and through friends of friends feature, challenge other GAF members.

ShaneB

kokujin said:
Ok gotcha

Yeah, to clear things up, it makes it so you can just add one 3S dedicated friend. When you want to invite players to play, just check the "friends of friend" of GAF 3S, and invite from there.

oracrest

XLant said:
For best feel+response you want this:
madcatz_ps3_sfiv_fightstickte.jpg

Awesome, thanks!

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
in case anyone tried to add me to PSN. It was added to the meta-thread wrong. Kingcaid is my American account. Kingcaid-JP is my Japanese account which I play on in Japan.

Vespa

Shearie said:
I guess the OP doesn't like me since I haven't been added to the list of PSN names :(

How can I dislike someone who mains Sean?!

If people want their region added beside their tag please go back and edit in the text using this format: PSN: Kuroda's Cat (Region: United Nations of NeoGAF).

Vespa said:
How can I dislike someone who mains Sean?!

If people want their region added beside their tag please go back and edit in the text using this format: PSN: Kuroda's Cat (Region: United Nations of NeoGAF).

Done.

That arcade stick is really hard to find, btw (or insanely expensive).

I'm trying to get to an acceptable level using an arcade stick before 3S next week, but I suck at double quarter circle forwards for specials - anyone got any tips? I'm using the SFIV TE stick and I just can't get it down right.

Bootaaay said:
I'm trying to get to an acceptable level using an arcade stick before 3S next week, but I suck at double quarter circle forwards for specials - anyone got any tips? I'm using the SFIV TE stick and I just can't get it down right.
Don't ride the gate, use small motions and only use your wrist.

sephi22

What's a good starting character for someone like me who's decent at fighting games (BBCS/SSFIV/MK) but has never seriously played Third Strike? Is Denjin Ryu a good starting character?

_dementia said:
Yeah. I felt really dirty about preordering but the theme is nice and the game doesn't have that BCR2 and FFDI DRM

I do not feel bad about pre-ordering things that are inevitable.

Love all the Capcom artwork on my TV, but I got to say - not a fan of Lau's rendition of Ryu in particular. It's nice and pretty art; but too slick and clean for what I associate with this game. My favorite is still the OG SF3 art that looks like pencil sketches colored with markers:

e0k2rm.jpg

I really wasn't a fan of the 3S character select screen art either. :\

sephi22 said:
What's a good starting character for someone like me who's decent at fighting games (BBCS/SSFIV/MK) but has never seriously played Third Strike? Is Denjin Ryu a good starting character?

I'd say Ken, if only because he's, well, Ken, and top tier.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The Take Out Bandit said:
I do not feel bad about pre-ordering things that are inevitable.

Love all the Capcom artwork on my TV, but I got to say - not a fan of Lau's rendition of Ryu in particular. It's nice and pretty art; but too slick and clean for what I associate with this game. My favorite is still the OG SF3 art that looks like pencil sketches colored with markers:

I really wasn't a fan of the 3S character select screen art either. :\

Hey you're complaining about the same thing you bitched at me for complaining about!

:p

sephi22

Yeah, well, forgot to mention that I don't play Top Tiers.
I play El Fuerte in AE, Sektor in MK9, Hakumen in BBCS.
Spidey/Doom/Wesker in Mahvel, but dats Mahvel

_dementia said:
Chun is probably best for newcomers TBH
NEVAAAARRRR

Absolutely amazing OP, great work Vespa. Subscribed to this thread and sent a friend's request to the metatag.

I love to play fighting games but never got into the Street Fighter 3 series at all, don't really know why either. It is now time to correct that. Looking forward to learning the intricacies of this fabled fighter.

sephi22 said:
Well good luck with that.

Hakumen won Evo BTW, not a bad character at all.

Xater

I think I'll try to main Ken because I hope he will get a buff in AE2012. At least then I am kinda into the character. Should be interesting because I never had a Shoto as a main.

sephi22 said:

Then yeah, I think Ryu is what you're looking for. I feel Shinku Ryu would be better as a beginner character, but honestly, you can't go wrong with any of his SAs.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The Take Out Bandit said:
FOR ME IT WAS TUESDAY!

I have no idea what you're talking about. Not joking.

I said the new art was nice, but a bad fit

You said how dare I complain about that guys art

Then you said the new art was nice, but a bad fit

Profit!

SolarKnight said:
Then yeah, I think Ryu is what you're looking for. I feel Shinku Ryu would be better as a beginner character, but honestly, you can't go wrong with any of his SAs.
Ryu is also pretty good because his individual strikes do pretty good damage so new players don't have to rely on combos.

That said, just pick Ken. Way better.

sephi22

_dementia said:
Well good luck with that.
Hakumen won Evo BTW, not a bad character at all.
Spark's iron defense won EVO. I'll probably dabble in some Ryu in TS before I switch to Necro/Q/Urien

SolarKnight said:
Alright. Thanks

Raging Spaniard said:
I said the new art was nice, but a bad fit

You said how dare I complain about that guys art

Then you said the new art was nice, but a bad fit

Profit!

Ah, yeah - his art is nice on certain characters; but Ryu looks plain wrong - facial structure and build; and Ken looks younger than he does in other SF3 art.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for others; but those two are the ones that offend me the most. It's because Ryu and Ken were noticeably older in SF3 and it's lost in his depictions.

To be fair - Akuma has and always will look stupid no matter who is drawing him. :D

Skilletor

sephi22 said:

NEVAAAARRRR

Do you purposely neuter yourself or do you just end up liking those characters because of the way they play?

Because I think it's silly when people are like, "I'm not going to play top tier characters!" just because they're top tier.

Top Bottom