• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new stick is killing me.

I don't want to blame everything on it but I'm jumping when I don't mean to, dropping combos and can't dash anymore.

I just need time to get used to it but right now, it's driving me crazy.

Xeteh

This new stick is killing me.

I don't want to blame everything on it but I'm jumping when I don't mean to, dropping combos and can't dash anymore.

I just need time to get used to it but right now, it's driving me crazy.

I would talk shit but Astrael keeps beating me so we haven't played.

Damn I had a good little 7 win streak going there. My stick started moving to one side all by itself for some reason though. What is going on... I may have to switch back to the Sanwa.

Anyways, thanks for the games Xeteh and crew.

Steroyd

I can't SPD for shit on pad ;_;

I had an epiphany with that shit a few months ago after years of fail, from any button if you buffer the top half of the SPD while throwing out any attack (including light attacks, like say s.lk *hint* *hint*) all that's left is the bottom half of the SPD, this applies to dashing as well.

Standing SPD's and Zangief's Critical Art without jumping is still beyond me though lol.

Welp, disconnected. GGs guys! Gonna have to work on a pocket Gief. Need the macho man alt already.

I had an epiphany with that shit a few months ago after years of fail, from any button if you buffer the top half of the SPD while throwing out any attack (including light attacks, like say s.lk *hint* *hint*) all that's left is the bottom half of the SPD, this applies to dashing as well.

Cool. I'll have to try this out. Thx

Astrael

GGs guys. Super tired and getting salty with my mistakes. Gonna stop here. Night all.

Damn I had a good little 7 win streak going there. My stick started moving to one side all by itself for some reason though. What is going on... I may have to switch back to the Sanwa.

Anyways, thanks for the games Xeteh and crew.

Welp, disconnected. GGs guys! Gonna have to work on a pocket Gief. Need the macho man alt already.

GGs everyone and a lot of fun fighting tonight. :) Phazon, I panic so hard against grapplers, that added mind game of command grabs just makes me freeze up on the pressure game. I gotta figure out how to deal with that :<

And yeah I saw spaz's Nash doing some weird movements figured the stick was giving an issue lol.

yodaxy

Standing SPD's and Zangief's Critical Art without jumping is still beyond me though lol.
All SPD can be done on the ground with 412369+P. I don't think the CA can be done without jumping or hitting.

GGs everyone and a lot of fun fighting tonight. :) Phazon, I panic so hard against grapplers, that added mind game of command grabs just makes me freeze up on the pressure game. I gotta figure out how to deal with that :<

It is kinda of a guess. Just hold up if you really think I'm gonna command grab, but that's where the mind games come in, since I could be doing a meaty instead. Command grabs are a big risk though, so I'd say go into training mode and work on a good punish off your neutral jump. If you punish command grabs with big damage, usually your opponent will ease up on them.

Or you could just DP :^)

hamchan

Did ranked for the first time in a while. Vsed a 2000lp Zangief, won, good match. "Failed to send results to server". Oh ok. Sat there waiting for 10 mins for next match. Nothing. Went to see favourites list. Empty. Quit game.

Did ranked for the first time in a while. Vsed a 2000lp Zangief, won, good match. "Failed to send results to server". Oh ok. Sat there waiting for 10 mins for next match. Nothing. Went to see favourites list. Empty. Quit game.

are you on pc or ps4? wait times have gotten pretty long for me on PC with 5 star required

FtHTiny

Had the same yesterday, Was frustrating as hell whenever i won it couldn´t send the results but every loss was sent perfectly!

myco666

HNNNNGGG... reached stage 43 on hard survival, got stunned with almost no health left, it asks confirmation on casual match, accept it as fast as possible, doesn't connect and got KOed immediately. I almost forgot how bad this mode was.

Whales

Banned
What should I being doing when a ken does his flying tastsumaki at full screen with gief? It seems no matter what I do I lose.

block

if he DPs after the first blocked tatsu then you know he's gonna keep doing it so block after tatsu + dp and get a free crush counter combo

if he doesn't DP after blocked tatsu then just grab him or something

wamberz1

block

if he DPs after the first blocked tatsu then you know he's gonna keep doing it so block after tatsu + dp and get a free crush counter combo

if he doesn't DP after blocked tatsu then just grab him or something

So it's a completely safe approach tool then? I can't anti air it or anything?

Steroyd

What should I being doing when a ken does his flying tastsumaki at full screen with gief? It seems no matter what I do I lose.

Block then jab, or just block depending on wether that Ken likes DP'ing after everything.

So it's a completely safe approach tool then? I can't anti air it or anything?

Unless you have an invincible DP. forget about your anti airs when they're doing that.

And then you get to buy a premium costume one day and do it agaaaain. SO EXCITING!
giphy.gif

Shito

Luffy's Mika really has come a long way: he's running over the European best players this week-end in the Kakutop league.
I must say I'm impressed at how much he improved in just a few weeks.

Changes I'm hoping by the end of the year:

Chun Li can't no longer cancel St.HP into V-Trigger. Probably the best poke in the game and makes her impossible to deal when trying to play footsie because of how safe it is.

Characters with overheads(Excluding Crush Counter Overheads,Chun-Li and Karin) should be able to cancel into V-Trigger. Overheads are slow and unsafe at least make them worth using.

Add a priory system. I fucking hate how jabs and standing short is a better AA option than the character's actual AA. Characters with 3f normal shouldn't be waking up with jabs and shorts either. I just played a Chun-Li who counter hit Nash's Crush Counter with wake up jab. Maybe it's the netcode I don't know.

Make R.Mika's Irish Whip whiff on crouching opponents, Get rid of her tick C.Throw and her Drop Kick can only crush counter when fully charged.

Increase regular throw on characters that has a small throw range. I fucking hate seeing the entire arm of a character passing through the character model and whiffing. Or at least bring back Kara Throws.

Reduce Guile Sonic Boom Recovery. Guile as a defensive character isn't really great when he is free on jump in while standing. Right now Nash is a better Guile because you can react with EX Genocide Cutter and all his other AA.

Chun Li can't no longer cancel St.HP into V-Trigger. Probably the best poke in the game and makes her impossible to deal when trying to play footsie because of how safe it is.

Characters with overheads(Excluding Crush Counter Overheads,Chun-Li and Karin) should be able to cancel into V-Trigger. Overheads are slow and unsafe at least make them worth using.

Add a priory system. I fucking hate how jabs and standing short is a better AA option than the character's actual AA. Characters with 3f normal shouldn't be waking up with jabs and shorts either. I just played a Chun-Li who counter hit Nash's Crush Counter with wake up jab. Maybe it's the netcode I don't know.

Make R.Mika's Irish Whip whiff on crouching opponents, Get rid of her tick C.Throw and her Drop Kick can only crush counter when fully charged.

Increase regular throw on characters that has a small throw range. I fucking hate seeing the entire arm of a character passing through the character model and whiffing. Or at least bring back Kara Throws.

Reduce Guile Sonic Boom Recovery. Guile as a defensive character isn't really great when he is free on jump in while standing. Right now Nash is a better Guile because you can react with EX Genocide Cutter and all his other AA.
I just... I literally agree with none of this. (except MAYBE that first one)

EDIT: I take that back. I now literally agree with none of this.

Hyun Sai

Playing around with Guile this week, I also found strange he got such mediocre normals for a full charge character, on top of the worst Sonic Boom he even had in his life.

But I honestly expect all the DLC characters to be quite tamed to avoid fucking up tournaments, and be re-balanced after Capcom Cup.

rocK`

Banned
If you selected the story mode costume when you played through survival, then you should have gotten color #3 for that story costume. Try checking again.

Weird, so a couple of things happened. I did it again and got it, but I also noticed my challenges and survival times were reset.

I get so much more FM now..

Are you serious? Chun needs an upgrade, not a downgrade. As a chun player, she needs every advantage possible now! All of the major chun players have given up on her, and she's barely in the top 16 anymore in tourneys. Both Brolylegs and Ricky Ortiz have switched characters moving away from Chun, and it seems like she's just too underpowered to do much damage. Her close range game is easily dealt with when going against ANYBODY with power. Hell, only Rashid is as a weak as she is in this game. Yeah, if there's a rebalance, I'm hoping that they give my girl STRONGER power with her fierce kicks and punches so she can chain with some damn FORCE. I can only DREAM of a fast close-range overhead top down, but that's asking for way too much from Capcom. As is, just boosting her power on even something like her crouching fierce punch or, hell, her EX legs... NOBODY is scared of Chun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom