• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, do you guys still get really mad at yourself for screwing up even when you still win? I just finished a match where I beat a Cammy. I baited a DP and did st. HK, st. HK, V trigger, and I meant to do cr. HP, HP SRK to finish the match. Somehow I screwed up my input and did a very delayed HP SRK only. I'm +8 after st. HK > V Trigger so somehow I really messed that up. I give the guy a 2nd chance and he punishes me for it but I manage to win when I jab him out of a walk up throw.

I've even gone through instances where I wanted to pound my stick after winning because I didn't do what I wanted to do before the finish or to finish the guy in the first place. As you can imagine, I take the losses in that situation a little worse lol.

FluxWaveZ

Oh flux, that Chun-li said GGs man...he didn’t feel like waiting in the lobby so went back to ranked. He want to play you again.

Gotcha. There was a bit of rollback in our match, but that might be the current state of the game's servers or our lobby or something. Always have a ridiculous amount of trouble against Chun-Li.

I get pretty frustrated in general when something I wanted to do doesn't come out the way I wanted it, whether it results in a win or loss.

On the other hand I'm totally OK with screwing up if it worked out for me, most of the times anyways. Ryu's main meterless jump in combo is j. HP/HK, st. MP, cr. HP, SRK. The thing is that if you do cr. HP too soon after st. MP, you'll get the target combo even though you were holding down because it's a chain. I accidentally did that one time in a mirror match and my opponent was mashing EX DP and it whiffed. I got a crush counter combo to finish the match.

Wasn't what I wanted, but I'm cool with it if it works out for me that way. Doesn't mean I want to make a habit out of it though.

after I play everyone at least once, I’m gonna drop my position. I think best of 3 is the best way to play, but it could be long in a big room like this...so ppl that just came can fight quicker...

Plus, I can’t have you guys learning how to beat my Ken ;-)

hubang

Neo Member
after I play everyone at least once, I’m gonna drop my position. I think best of 3 is the best way to play, but it could be long in a big room like this...so ppl that just came can fight quicker...

Plus, I can’t have you guys learning how to beat my Ken ;-)

Ggs! Awesome Ken, very patient. Gotta head out for the evening sadly. Get him fellas!

Whales

Banned
I guess I shouldn't have made fun of Astrael, electricity literally just cut as we were about to start the match flux lol...

if lobby is still on ill rejoin in a sec

Astrael

I guess I shouldn't have made fun of Astrael, electricity literally just cut as we were about to start the match flux lol...

if lobby is still on ill rejoin in a sec

I was wondering what happened, I thought my net crashed and then you were gone lol.

EDIT: Also I can bow out after the next one so Omni can stay in, I'm pretty outclassed today, even though I feel like I'm learning some things (you should hear me ask myself why I am doing certain things out loud lol). Gotta get something to eat :)

GGs. We only played 2 sets, but they went as they usually do, heh.
lol...don’t make me get serious Flux!!! lol...

Where you able to adjust against Chaox? His def. is high, but he likes to stock meter for his super, you can rush him down a bit with shimmy/whiff punishing Karin’s sweep.

FluxWaveZ

lol...don’t make me get serious Flux!!! lol...

Where you able to adjust against Chaox? His def. is high, but he likes to stock meter for his super, you can rush him down a bit with shimmy/whiff punishing Karin’s sweep.

It's been a long time since I've gone against him.

Welp, played once but yeah the waiting time is too long

GGs Cake, thats a good vega
Lol my Vega is rusty as shit. Haven't played him for weeks since I'm trying to get every character to 30. I think I'd be a lot more comfortable playing Birdie at the moment.

Got disconnected though. GG's guys.

Welp, played once but yeah the waiting time is too long

GGs Cake, thats a good vega
Yeah, this is the only con of big rooms, even if you set it to one match, it’ll be a while if your are in last. But 1 match you hardly get to feel your opponent out, and I know players are happy to get the salty runback if they feel like they loss because of mistakes instead of being outplayed.

Next time, i’ll just limit the room to 4-5.

Whales you gotta level up so you can hold the torch and be in the winner’s seat for a few rounds man! lol

Lol my Vega is rusty as shit. Haven't played him for weeks since I'm trying to get every character to 30. I think I'd be a lot more comfortable playing Birdie at the moment.

Got disconnected though. GG's guys.
Yeah, I can tell you have some serious skill, we have a bit of rollback in our connection though. It might just be servers acting up I think it said full bars for us. GG’s though, I’ll have to go against your Birdie sometime too. Haven’t played a lot of good ones.

Whales

Banned
Yeah, this is the only con of big rooms, even if you set it to one match, it’ll be a while if your are in last. But 1 match you hardly get to feel your opponent out, and I know players are happy to get the salty runback if they feel like they loss because of mistakes instead of being outplayed.

Next time, i’ll just limit the room to 4-5.

Whales you gotta level up so you can hold the torch and be in the winner’s seat for a few rounds man! lol

lmao yeah I know, but it feels like Im at my max level now

Im starting to hate using the DS4 for SF, I drop every fucking thing. Feels like I need a stick to level up

Yeah, I can tell you have some serious skill, we have a bit of rollback in our connection though. It might just be servers acting up I think it said full bars for us. GG’s though, I’ll have to go against your Birdie sometime too. Haven’t played a lot of good ones.
Yeah for sure. I'd also like to do some Ken mirrors since he was the last character I got to 30. I feel like I could pick up some good stuff and maybe learn to break some possible bad habits that I haven't been punished for.

I'm in SoCal by the way, so if you're east coast, that could explain the rollback.

Astrael

GGs everyone, was a lot of fun, even if I got bodied repeatedly. Time for me to get food :)

Phazon I'm down to play you whenever, I know my Karin isn't the best but I know you wanted to learn the match-up more with Nash and our last set wasn't completely one-sided (at least for now). Will help me too!

SephLuis

I can see my internet is not cooperating with me today >_>

Gonna try one more set and leave. I guess it must be laggy over there

Im starting to hate using the DS4 for SF, I drop every fucking thing. Feels like I need a stick to level up
You definitely don't need a stick, but you should check one out before you decide to buy, so you don't waste your money.

I was actually using a DS4 while we were in the battle lounge. I tend to use it when I want to lay in my bed and play. And I use a Fighting Commander when I sit in my chair.

Funny thing is I used to play on stick until I broke it years ago and then I just said fuck it and kept using a pad. Though there are games that I 100% prefer using a stick on.

Whales

Banned
You definitely don't need a stick, but you should check one out before you decide to buy, so you don't waste your money.

I was actually using a DS4 while we were in the battle lounge. I tend to use it when I want to lay in my bed and play. And I use a Fighting Commander when I sit in my chair.

Funny thing is I used to play on stick until I broke it years ago and then I just said fuck it and kept using a pad. Though there are games that I 100% prefer using a stick on.

Thing is, I would get a fighting commander but I cant play with a dpad at all. I use the analog stick on my DS4. So i'd guess a stick is the most similar thing to an analog, just a LOT more accurate.

I also am terrible when I start on the right side because of that. I've been wanting a stick for a while now too, it just looks awesome to hold and use

Xeteh

I keep questioning if I should get a new controller or bite the bullet on a stick but idk. My mistakes are on me and I'm not sure if a new controller will help me improve. I drop so many combos mostly because I'm trying to rush things. Like with Cammy's s.mp, s.hp, hk.spiral one way I drop it (way to) frequently is I start doing the qcf way too early and I end up doing s.mp, c.hp. No matter how good a controller is I'm not gonna do better until I get over my own problems.

That said, you're better than I am considering our sets. If you think a new stick would help, give it a go. Or if you know someone who has one, maybe ask to try it out for a bit and see if it works out for you.

Thing is, I would get a fighting commander but I cant play with a dpad at all. I use the analog stick on my DS4. So i'd guess a stick is the most similar thing to an analog, just a LOT more accurate.

I also am terrible when I start on the right side because of that. I've been wanting a stick for a while now too, it just looks awesome to hold and use

Oh man, I'm DPad all the way which is why I've put a bit of thought in to the Fight Commander. The idea of having 8 buttons on the right side of the controller seems so amazing to me. I keep hearing conflicting opinions about the Dpad though. You analog players blow my mind, though. 2D fighting games with the analog, I have trouble doing a qcf without jumping.

qcf x2

I keep questioning if I should get a new controller or bite the bullet on a stick but idk. My mistakes are on me and I'm not sure if a new controller will help me improve. I drop so many combos mostly because I'm trying to rush things. Like with Cammy's s.mp, s.hp, hk.spiral one way I drop it (way to) frequently is I start doing the qcf way too early and I end up doing s.mp, c.hp. No matter how good a controller is I'm not gonna do better until I get over my own problems.

Bite the bullet They hold their value and even if it's not the reason you're struggling, it is a really good investment if you plan to play fighting games for the foreseeable future.

Whales

Banned
Oh man, I'm DPad all the way which is why I've put a bit of thought in to the Fight Commander. The idea of having 8 buttons on the right side of the controller seems so amazing to me. I keep hearing conflicting opinions about the Dpad though. You analog players blow my mind, though. 2D fighting games with the analog, I have trouble doing a qcf without jumping.

I've never seen anyone complain about the hori commander, if you're a dpad user you should get it IMO

lol, I can't even do a hadoken with the dpad so yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom