• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Speaking of Gief players, what happened to Aquasilk that guy was leveling up so quick back in the day, is he playing SFV?

qcf x2

If I had video editing skills I would make a video highlighting how weird crossups can be in this game. Scenario 1 is the screen says "cross up" and you both stay on the same side. Okay.... Scenario 2: attack is clearly in front of you, limbs lower than your head, somehow decides to be a cross up. I know this happened sometimes in SF4 and was even part of some characters play styles (lol) but that was a dumb game with a lot of dumb things, like moves that randomly crossed up in identical scenarios.

Edit: there's a 3rd scenario but it's way more complicated to explain

mbpm1

Yeah crossups in this game are less ambiguous, but somehow stuff that clearly looks one way or another sometimes hits oddly. I can't describe it, but every now and then something weird happens and it's like my mind just rolled back somehow. Not even getting into the stuff like "Attack hits in front, but they land behind" which is its own thing.

If I had video editing skills I would make a video highlighting how weird crossups can be in this game. Scenario 1 is the screen says "cross up" and you both stay on the same side. Okay.... Scenario 2: attack is clearly in front of you, limbs lower than your head, somehow decides to be a cross up. I know this happened sometimes in SF4 and was even part of some characters play styles (lol) but that was a dumb game with a lot of dumb things, like moves that randomly crossed up in identical scenarios.

Edit: there's a 3rd scenario but it's way more complicated to explain

I'm super free to some of the cross ups in this game because some of them are super ambiguous.
I've actually blocked a bison crossup and he still landed in front of me. Or at other times any other attack or empty jump would let him land in front of me, but because he pressed the crossup, his hitbox suddenly slides to the other side...

BadWolf

Iirc there is a Chun cross-up tech that Nuki uses where the air attack will cross up regardless but he determines which side she lands on.

LakeEarth

I've had opponents hit crossup but land in front, and vis versa. Once people figure out ways to consistently pull this off, things are going to get interesting.

mbpm1

I've had opponents hit crossup but land in front, and vis versa. Once people figure out ways to consistently pull this off, things are going to get interesting.

Setups existed for that in SF4, but it feels like everyone has the ability to do that in this game. Not sure what will occur or if this is even intentional.

Who is Damdaigo? He's a pain in the ass...my man just sits there waiting for u to jump lol. I'm like nigga I ain't jumping!! Matches go down to last 10 seconds with this guy lol

Seriously, I'd watch the hell out of that.
You can watch Topanga tv. The format just seemed strange today. They should have had Bonchan on there. You could tell Daigo was bored from not being able to communicate with the guests. That or he was just tired.

a3den

You can watch Topanga tv. The format just seemed strange today. They should have had Bonchan on there. You could tell Daigo was bored from not being able to communicate with the guests. That or he was just tired.

He was sleepy as hell. He has just arrived in France today.

sixghost

Is down back to down forward not a valid input for back-forward charge moves? I always thought that was how charge characters were able to keep a down charge while doing a back charge move. Did this change in SF5?

mbpm1

Is down back to down forward not a valid input for back-forward charge moves? I always thought that was how charge characters were able to keep a down charge while doing a back charge move. Did this change in SF5?

That was never the case in SF4, and I don't expect it to be so in earlier ones either

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

You can use down back, but you need a proper forward input to trigger it.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, might use my rare encounters with damdai as landmarks for my progress in SFV. Actually took a match this time.

I let go of my fear from last time, but that also meant I was too crazy. There's a good middle ground somewhere there, heh.

Going against him is nuts. Just by watching, it might seem that sometimes he's just throwing fireballs with no regards to safety, but it's insane how calculated it all feels when I'm in it. It's like I'm thinking, "surely you won't throw another fireball right now because you could suffer a lot from it" and then he throws a fireball. And if I'm thinking, "alright, he's just going to throw another fireball like last time," he doesn't. I seek that ability to constantly be in another player's head.

Couldn't really pull off the EX Peach punish this time, though I've been practising it. His pinpoint timing makes it real hard for me to pull off right now.

Heh, might use my rare encounters with damdai as landmarks for my progress in SFV. Actually took a match this time.

I let go of my fear from last time, but that also meant I was too crazy. There's a good middle ground somewhere there, heh.

Going against him is nuts. Just by watching, it might seem that sometimes he's just throwing fireballs with no regards to safety, but it's insane how calculated it all feels when I'm in it. It's like I'm thinking, "surely you won't throw another fireball right now because you could suffer a lot from it" and then he throws a fireball. And if I'm thinking, "alright, he's just going to throw another fireball like last time," he doesn't. I seek that ability to constantly be in another player's head.

Couldn't really pull off the EX Peach punish this time, though I've been practising it. His pinpoint timing makes it real hard for me to pull off right now.

He is a great player you can really see his ST background carrying over really well into this game. You did great against him. I am sure in hindsight there are things you see that you could have done better but the fact that you acknowledge it and make adjustments is great. I almost feel like you have to go random/balls to the wall sometimes to catch him off guard while maintaining some level of patience to get him to throw out a sweep or shoryu when he is expecting you to go in. His play is so calculated and conditions his opponent to do what he wants most times. I am sure if you guys played each other more often you would probably do rather well against him. His use of v-reversal to negate nadehsiko is really smart.

taunt5xkkqe.gif

sorry anti-taunt gaf

FluxWaveZ

I am sure if you guys played each other more often you would probably do rather well against him. His use of v-reversal to negate nadehsiko is really smart.

I do wish I had a local scene where I could consistently play some great players; I'm sure I'd be improving faster if I didn't just have netplay. I need to spend more time in Battle Lounges, I think.

And yeah, I'm starting to like gimmick Nadeshiko calls like blocked cr.HP > Nadeshiko less and less because a lot of V-Reversals will just nullify everything. Unless it's an actual hit, I'm going to start reserving meter more now for my own V-Reversals.

Baleoce

Mika man.. She makes me angry with *myself* because I can't figure her things out, or I just get frustrated against her and I decide to play roulette instead of street fighter, the irony of which being that even if I scrub out a win, I won't feel good about it. But all it really does is highlight the weaknesses of my game, which is a good thing. I just need to get to the point where I can see what's going wrong.

rec0ded1

Hardware filter seems broken. Selected ps4 only and kept getting pc players. I'm sure it's all mental but I do very poorly against PC players for some reason.

FluxWaveZ

I won't taunt, but I'll sometimes do the same kind of thing with Mika if I pull off a rope throw and I know that the wall bounce will kill them. I'll take out the mic right before "K.O." appears so she ends the match by throwing the mic on the opponent lying down.

RK9039

How is the netcode and matchmaking still trash after all this time? I took a break and it's still fucked. Searching for 5 ping players and it still gives me laggy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom