• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

I've been playing SFV on my cousin's PS4 a lot and I freaking love it! I'm not a big fan of fighting games and I can say this game could get me hooked into the genre due to the awesome and tight controls. Got so inspired especially with Chun-Li that I drew her. Hope it's ok to post it here :)

HOW DARE YOU!

Looks awesome!

Well that's enough of getting my shithole shoved in online tonight. Started off decent with a win over a Cammy, lost to a dope Zangief (tho I took a set), got put into a bad mood by three Ryus and then got utterly raped by an aggro Alex.

Doing my Sanford impersonation as I type.

Neither Ryu nor Nash bother me as Vega

It's all fundamentals.

Fuck Alex tho (in a fair way)
I actually feel the same way. Alex has been one of the hardest matchups for me as Vega, and I have no idea why. Rashid wrecks me pretty hard too.

Every other character I do fairly well against.

LegendX48

I've been playing SFV on my cousin's PS4 a lot and I freaking love it! I'm not a big fan of fighting games and I can say this game could get me hooked into the genre due to the awesome and tight controls. Got so inspired especially with Chun-Li that I drew her. Hope it's ok to post it here :)

tumblr_o4u8b7o8JT1qdl9q3o1_540.jpg
I'm jelly of those art skills; you should post that in the neogaf drawing a day thread too.

mbpm1

I actually feel the same way. Alex has been one of the hardest matchups for me as Vega, and I have no idea why. Rashid wrecks me pretty hard too.

Every other character I do fairly well against.

Fuck rashid too but if you go dumb with him you can beat him alright too

I think Alex just has ways to approach other characters don't.

Command grab + dash punches + st. rh crush counters+ more active normals pose problems to Vega's traditional gameplan.

Edgeward

Nash bothers me more as a Vega player. His fast boom recovery along with Vega's short floaty jump hurt me. And when you get those that just like throwing out scythes and jumping a lot. ugh.

mbpm1

Nash bothers me more as a Vega player. His fast boom recovery along with Vega's short floaty jump hurt me. And when you get those that just like throwing out scythes and jumping a lot. ugh.

Maybe I haven't faced good enough Nashes, but the Nashes that like to press a ton of buttons and move around almost always catch this claw or those slides. My playstyle throws them off maybe. It's the patient ones that worry me.

Edgeward

Defensive Nashes are immoveable. Guile won't have those teleport shenanigans so maybe it will be less of a struggle. Especially with no invincible regular flash kicks.

Ryu is better than Nash overall. Just not matchup wise. Nash is a problem for Ryu.

Edzi

Any small lobbies going on now? I'm really rusty after playing nothing but DS3 for a while, so I wanna get back into the swing of things.

Zerojul

Absolutely amazing.

You guys realize you're making up Laura's personality? Nothing she says or in her moveset has a sexy attitude, it's literally only her posing and outfits.

Uh, what? Posing and outfits are ways to convey a character's personality in fiction.

The way a character dresses and poses is DICTATED by the character's personality.

El Sloth

Banned

https://40.media.tumblr.com/911f01c33b5f432c691eedf967aedd10/tumblr_o4u8b7o8JT1qdl9q3o1_540.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
That's some pretty rad art. Please post any more if you get inspired again.

Man, having an Asthma attack while playing is not the greatest. Didn't go grab my inhaler because I was getting matches faster than any time since beta. Was kinda funny going from doing alright to being absolutely wrecked as I got less and less air. I do not make good life choices.

Astrael

The only time I never get rematches is when I barely win or lose. If I barely win, I assume they either lagged or are mad. If I barely lose, I am guessing they are trying to make me salty lol. Silly tactics I guess.

Man, having an Asthma attack while playing is not the greatest. Didn't go grab my inhaler because I was getting matches faster than any time since beta. Was kinda funny going from doing alright to being absolutely wrecked as I got less and less air. I do not make good life choices.

There's been times when something happens in the house during a match and I had to make a hard choice to keep playing but I can't imagine playing someone who is dying yet still throwing fireballs.

There's been times when something happens in the house during a match and I had to make a hard choice to keep playing but I can't imagine playing someone who is dying yet still throwing fireballs.

Yeah it turns out breathing is pretty important, both for playing Street Fighter and for trying not to die. I quit before it got remotely life threatening, but not before I got so disoriented that my Birdie went completely to shit. Glad I was in casual though!

I also wonder how Guile will fight his bro Nash

That new character feel got me salivating
I was thinking about the fireball war. I think from Gilley's data, Guile's fb is faster.

Nash can throw his own fb or use v skill. Nash can choose to get v trigger or ex gauge with those two options assuming guile throws a fb. Guile's v skill cancels out nash fb, but does not build up v gauge, while nash would build ex gauge. Nash wins in that scenario. If Guile can get ahead by using v skill, and combining it with a fb, nash loses as the 2 hit fb forces nash to block or jump. Vskill can't absorb the 2 hits and a fireball still forces the same situation.

So the v skill is important.

On the other hand, Nash still has his v trigger and super to deal with Guiles fb, v skill, and v trigger.

Spuck-uk

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201603602]Ryu's been like that in every game. It just happens that in this game that good fireballs and meterless invincible reversals are a scarcity, which is unusual for a street fighter.

Ryu matchup is kinda wacked out in this game because his jLK beats a lot of Dhalsim anti airs like cMP.[/QUOTE]

To be fair that j.lk beats a LOT of peoples anti airs. I have to think its a mistake, that as well as the best reversal, great walkspeed, incredible damage, best fireball and parry, that he also has the best jumpin attack in the game

To be fair that j.lk beats a LOT of peoples anti airs. I have to think its a mistake, that as well as the best reversal, great walkspeed, incredible damage, best fireball and parry, that he also has the best jumpin attack in the game

The hitbox on that j.lk is so wonky. It's like it pushes Ryu forward and makes most AA's useless.

So is Guile the only other character that can link off of a light? Didn't expect that.
Only other character? There at least 3 already in the game, 4 if you count Nash (Which you will if you're counting Guile because his is also off a target combo). There's Ken with St. LP into B.MP, Chun with Cr.LP into St. MP, Cammy with St.LP into B.MP. And Nash off his St.LP xx St.MP target combo.

Haha, great to see that calculated fireball spam remains the go-to even when going against a character with fireballs.

It you were a bit scared, I don't think you showed it much during the very first two rounds. I felt a bit of fear and a lot more hesitation after that, though.

Sorry, I'm not great at the advice thing, but I can say that I think you were doing a lot better when you made him approach you rather than the other way around. When you matched his fireball spam or exceeded it, he'd generally stop and actually jump over them towards you to close the distance. That's when you'd sometimes hit with a shoryuken, or whatever else that would turn the tide in your favor. You did a lot more of the approaching, though, and that was getting you messed up a lot of the time. I would have liked to see you force him to approach you instead more often.

It's surprising how one's mental state will have such a significant impact on how someone plays, aside from their actual skill. I'm getting better at dealing with opponents who would intimidate me before, but—and I hate this about myself—I'll still sometimes see opponents with lower LP or who I perceive to be weaker and tell myself that whatever I do, I'll end up winning. And that's when I get messed up and lose 150 LP or something. I need to concentrate on my psyche during a match more.
Yeah, man, tks for the tips. I definitely missed some AA and with a high level player like that, Shimmy game and meaties have to be on point, I feel like I never dominated the match and put him in the corner as I wanted to as a Ken player. You think he will accept sets in lobby?

Number45

This is great, thanks for sharing. :)

Nope! Haha, not against either of us; we're not quite there yet. Never hurts to try, though.
lol....I’m gonna get him one day. I feel like I can beat him...I know I can beat him. execution may be beyond me, but he didn’t outsmart me I feel like. He was spacing his FB to where he could react to mines and jump-in for a combo. Or did them as extended punches where it’s very hard to react to. And that conditioning paid off where I missed some of his jump-ins.

But If I can get my execution to match my darn head, I think I can go toe-to-toe with the best. A nice goal to shoot for anyway. I also think learning Ryu is a good practice tool, gonna pick him up in casual.

Beautiful posts...welcome to the community.

lol....I’m gonna get him one day. I feel like I can beat him...I know I can beat him. execution may be beyond me, but he didn’t outsmart me I feel like. He was spacing his FB to where he could react to mines and jump-in for a combo. Or did them as extended punches where it’s very hard to react to. And that conditioning paid off where I missed some of his jump-ins.

But If I can get my execution to match my darn head, I think I can go toe-to-toe with the best. A nice goal to shoot for anyway. I also think learning Ryu is a good practice tool, gonna pick him up in casual.

It's been a while since you ripped me a new one. We should play again this weekend.

his j.lk is definitely a mistake but sadly we might not see any changes to it until the end of the season/year

It's been a while since you ripped me a new one. We should play again this weekend.
Yeah man...I'll invite you to the lobby tonight,..we all leveling up baby... I feel bad for the new kids picking up the game in June July and next year etc...we're gonna be "the monsters" one day lol

Quesa

Just learned I don't have Ryu's story mode outfit in the shop. Went back and beat his story mode again and still, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom