• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalGearSilly

Neo Member
I played GG Revelator/XRD after a good while - was trying to quick rise after being knocked down...of course it didn't work but tell that to my impulses.

Did make me appreciate the quick rise elements in SF5 though...even though they're kinda non-existent against some characters like Ryu, which sucks.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Got dunked at the Red Bull Atlanta tournament today.

Found out that I should probably learn some of Guile's frame data and block strings. :V

Neoxon

Got dunked at the Red Bull Atlanta tournament today.

Found out that I should probably learn some of Guile's frame data and block strings. :V
V-Frames is your friend in such situations. I should probably join you in finding more block strings for my main (Karin) rather than use the same 2 or 3 strings.

Question for people with the CE. I ordered one as a gift to a friend. Is the artbook good enough that i should order one for myself? or should I wait for the actual artbook to release later on. I already have this digital + season pass , US standard, UK steelbook (yea lol).

After not really playing this week I lost about 1.4k in 30 minutes.
I went from 6k to 4.6k and started getting matched up with mostly silvers,ultra silvers and a gold sprinkled in here and there. That led to a 24 win streak and I feel dirty about it. When you see the streak it instantly gives off bad vibes. Plus it only got me back to 5.5k. My last 2 opponents RQed me. Probably because of the streak. It is a gift and a curse lol. When will it end?

Edit- A super gold ryu put me out of my misery.

What are some of you guys longest win streaks?

MrCarter

Hong Kong ESports event live:
https://www.twitch.tv/hkesports

People can argue about art style, models, and banana hair...but, IMO SF5 is the best animated FG of the current gen. Whenever I see Rashid's win pose with the cloth flowing, any of Ryu's kicks, or Alex's super it hits me.

I'm glad they actually decided to reanimate almost everything, instead of just copy pasting keyframes from SF4.

Indeed. Capcom have done a fantastic job in utilising Unreal Engine 4.

I went from 6k to 4.6k and started getting matched up with mostly silvers,ultra silvers and a gold sprinkled in here and there. That lead to a 24 win streak and I feel dirty about it. When you see the streak it instantly gives off bad vibes. Plus it only got me back to 5.5k. My last 2 opponents RQed me. Probably because of the streak. It is a gift and a curse lol. When will it end?

Edit- A super gold ryu put me out if my misery.

15 wins in a row earlier this week took me to Silver ranks. Ended by a Guile who really had my number but I (barely) won both of the run backs to avenge and win the best of 2.

Had a 16, maybe 17 win streak after the release of the game. Haven't really gotten a streak that went upwards of 10 wins ever since though.

Zerojul

I was dead set on getting a 10 win streak when the game came out because I thought there was a trophy for this for some reason. Went up to 13, never went past this.

myco666

So they fixed matchmaking? Been playing mostly Silvers and above with occasional Ultra Bronzes. Much more fun now. Have been stuck in a 2900-3600LP range for the entire weekend but I guess if I just keep playing I will manage to get to Gold. Most Golds I beat RQ though so thats no fun.

I went from 6k to 4.6k and started getting matched up with mostly silvers,ultra silvers and a gold sprinkled in here and there. That lead to a 24 win streak and I feel dirty about it. When you see the streak it instantly gives off bad vibes. Plus it only got me back to 5.5k. My last 2 opponents RQed me. Probably because of the streak. It is a gift and a curse lol. When will it end?

Edit- A super gold ryu put me out if my misery.

I think I had a 35 winstreak last weekend. The game just kept matching me with Super Bronzes and below so those wins just kept racking up. Didn't feel really good about it and I bet few people disconnected on me because of the streak.

I was dead set on getting a 10 win streak when the game came out because I thought there was a trophy for this for some reason. Went up to 13, never went past this.

There was a 10 winstreak for SF4 but thankfully they lowered it to 3 in this game. Didn't stop folks from RQing tho, lol.

I went from 6k to 4.6k and started getting matched up with mostly silvers,ultra silvers and a gold sprinkled in here and there. That led to a 24 win streak and I feel dirty about it. When you see the streak it instantly gives off bad vibes. Plus it only got me back to 5.5k. My last 2 opponents RQed me. Probably because of the streak. It is a gift and a curse lol. When will it end?

i think i'm sitting at 15-20 currently. they were only bronze-silver players, that's why.

It does not, and you are seriously understating how great the animation work is in RE5/6

Resident evil 5 was a bit on the ehh side in that regard IMO, but RE6's animations were Godlike. That is one aspect that they nailed in that game, every punch or kick or melee interaction felt "visceral".

Hustler

My longest win streak is 20 games. The other day I beat a silver Charlie who had a 36 win streak and actually took the loss! (I nearly rage quit before the match).

Neoxon

It does not, and you are seriously understating how great the animation work is in RE5/6
The guys at Capcom know how to animate, holy shit.

Also, it's a shame that MT Framework wasn't used for more fighting games besides (U)MvC3 & the 3DS port of SSFIV.

Kikirin

I'm pretty sure pretty much every character's wakeup is slightly different.

My hypothesis is that wakeup timings after knockdowns are the same (i.e. same number of frames) on every character when you use the same move, but wakeup animations might give the illusion of timings being different. So the same meaty setups would work on everyone if you're running the frame-perfect stuff regardless of what you see.

FluxWaveZ

they just said late june
They only said late June.

Capcom specifically said last week of June.
The first thing we want to address is the release of our next DLC character, Ibuki. We had originally aimed to release her in the last week of May, but in order to provide the best experience possible for our players, we decided to postpone her. We are doing our best to release the content in the last week of June.

To reiterate, we are currently aiming for the last week of June to release both Ibuki and the Cinematic Story Mode.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/06/02/updates-on-street-fighter-v-development-vol-1

While Capcom had some really awful miscommunication before, fans also need to read the info when they're actually communicating.

galvenize

I hope we get either a Juri or Urien trailer at EVO. Preferably Juri. Crowd's gonna go wild. Though it won't be much of a surprise considering they will be playable in story mode...

They probably haven't even started on the next season yet, what would they tease?

And hell, they better release the trailers. I don't wanna see people bellyaching that they aren't supporting the game.

Moaradin

Why would they need to show anything? All they have to do is say season 2 is coming and maybe show some silhouettes of the characters. We got the first DLC character tease way before we had any actual footage of them.

Neoxon

They probably haven't even started on the next season yet, what would they tease?

And hell, they better release the trailers. I don't wanna see people bellyaching that they aren't supporting the game.
They've probably already started the selection process for Wave 2. Hell, they may already have the next 6 or so characters chosen.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Why would they need to show anything? All they have to do is say season 2 is coming and maybe show some silhouettes of the characters. We got the first DLC character tease way before we had any actual footage of them.

The wait between the showing of the S1 silhouettes and the release of the first DLC char was around 2-3 months.

Considering that the earliest possible we would get a S2 character would be January (Major Balance patch is in December), your best bet for an image is at TGS.

Best they can do now is just confirming it's happening.

Sigmaah

yo someone tell me how tf do I beat wake up jab from like Mika, Karin, cammy, and necalli as vega? I try to meaty with H but shit gets beat and I'm like isn't that supposed to beat a jab cause of the priority system?

Just 300 lp away from platinum and I can stop playing ranked. Battle lounges all day after that.

Actually I'm gonna make a new account and play a new character. I'm thinking Ken, necalli or Karin.

FluxWaveZ

yo someone tell me how tf do I beat wake up jab from like Mika, Karin, cammy, and necalli as vega? I try to meaty with H but shit gets beat and I'm like isn't that supposed to beat a jab cause of the priority system?

It's purely the fact that you don't have your timing down. If your meaty timing is right, you'll always stuff out whatever mashing the opponent waking up is trying to do, no matter the attack that you perform (be it light or heavy).

Karin players, for some reason, seem to be the best at this from what I've played.

sixghost

If that's happening, then your meaty is too late. You will get hit out of that attack if the wake-up jab hits before the active frames of your heavy attack.

You need to go into training mode and learn what the frame data situation is after a forward dash after various knockdowns. Some knockdowns allow you to dash forward and be plus, meaning that your meaty attack with beat their wake-up jab, some will put you at a disadvantage.

For instance, with Alex, you are +3 or something after EX Chop and EX Knee move, meaning I can dash forward and get a counterhit with St.MP if they wake-up jab. After command throw or normal throw, he is minus after dash. Meaning you can't dash into st.MP, it'll get beat.

They've probably already started the selection process for Wave 2. Hell, they may already have the next 6 or so characters chosen.

It's possible, but I don't see it happening (in regards to showing shit) for a good long while. And they probably won't confirm anything for a while either.

So yeah, I guess they already know who they are picking by now (maybe, depending on what new systems they add), but EVO will probably just get a trailer drop and the remaining bits of content left for Season 1.

Edit: After seeing Hatianti play, I almost want to get back into Nec. I played a few rounds of him in Casuals and did alright, but I know that's just a fleeting moment. My Laura is still day 1 garbage so I'll get bopped at my locals in a few days anyway.

Sigmaah

It's purely the fact that you don't have your timing down. If your meaty timing is right, you'll always stuff out whatever mashing the opponent waking up is trying to do, no matter the attack that you perform (be it light or heavy).

Karin players, for some reason, seem to be the best at this from what I've played.

I guess Vegas H isn't active for long, Ima try his no claw H and see how that does to wake up jab.

YO SON ALL KARINS be waking up jab and shit always beats my shit even when I know I timed my shit right. Shits just too fast.

Skilletor

It's possible, but I don't see it happening (in regards to showing shit) for a good long while. And they probably won't confirm anything for a while either.

So yeah, I guess they already know who they are picking by now (maybe, depending on what new systems they add), but EVO will probably just get a trailer drop and the remaining bits of content left for Season 1.

Edit: After seeing Hatianti play, I almost want to get back into Nec. I played a few rounds of him in Casuals and did alright, but I know that's just a fleeting moment. My Laura is still day 1 garbage so I'll get bopped at my locals in a few days anyway.

I would think we'd see S2 stuff at Capcup. It would be silly to announce new characters before all of the s1 people are released. Maybe EVO could be a place to show the remaining characters and any potential stuff they're adding this year (modes, stages, etc.)

Producer

Just 300 lp away from platinum and I can stop playing ranked. Battle lounges all day after that.

Actually I'm gonna make a new account and play a new character. I'm thinking Ken, necalli or Karin.

Go to training, dummy wake up recovery options, have them wakeup jab as soon as possible (should be a 'reversal' if you time it right).

Then just have them quick or back tech and practice your timing. If s.HP doesnt work try out different stuff.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ummm...so my fight sticks aren't working with SFV anymore. I tested my Kai and my Fightstick Pro and nothing. Even pressing the A button does nothing.

I tested both sticks with emulators and both work perfectly. No idea what's going on. I'm currently verifying game cache integrity on Steam.

Edit:

31 files failed to validate so currently downloading. Odd.

Edit again:

Validated, still nothing. I'm at a loss here.

Last edit I swear:

Ok, I plugged my Kai into the USB port on the back of my X51 and now it's working again. Did Windows update screw something up? Who knows! Smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom