• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was younger, I always thought Gill was one of the most American characters ever.

Literally Red, White and Blue, and has blonde hair. Head of a large organization that controls a lot of shit.

Sooo, next week?

prolly closer to

maxresdefault.jpg

Shadoken

We already have a Prologue mode , so I dont think Arcade mode needs more "Story" content. Even just a simplistic Arcade mode should satisfy most people. I think Capcom should do a slightly nerfed World Tour mode ( Without the custom character modifications ). Its actually quite simple.

They already have the sprite of a giant globe , just make it so you can start at one city and play an Arcade mode ladder there. Then you can move to different cities to play different Arcade ladders.

What would be even cooler is if they linked SOME of those Cities to CPT event and its results. And the Arcade mode uses the same Top 8/16 players names and their respective characters. It can also have some dummy fake tourneys , because most tourneys will have similar player and characters choices. So these fake ones can have ones where it has all unique characters.

Shadoken

Custom AI based on real players is definitely out of their budget. But just the UI seems simple enough , I mean its just a Map with selectable cities on it. Click on the city and play through the "Arcade" mode for that respective place. Just like Alpha 3 did.

They were talking about shadow ai a long time ago, but dat budget needs to be higher. Gotta save some stuff for the next big patch (next year)

Just look like he rip Tracer model from OW, and imported the model, a true mod should keep Cammy's SFV build, Cammy looks super weird being that skinny..

Nah, I want my characters to match the characters they're supposed to be. I don't want to see tracer stretched and squashed into Cammy's build.

Skilletor

Just look like he rip Tracer model from OW, and imported the model, a true mod should keep Cammy's SFV build, Cammy looks super weird being that skinny..

Yeah, this. Don't like it much because of that. Throws me off.

Nah, I want my characters to match the characters they're supposed to be. I don't want to see tracer stretched and squashed into Cammy's build.

Nah...It's a costume. It's not Tracer herself in SF.

Edzi

Anyone wanna play for a bit? CFN EdziPS.

EDIT: Guess not. This community seems super dead during west coast play times. :(

After Gill, how many more characters are left to get profiles on CFN? As far as I can tell, the only playable characters missing are Twelve, Evil Ryu, Ingrid, and Oni. After that all I can think of are Final Fight and Slam Masters characters.

Man ranked is messed up, here's a log from my last handful of matches. I play Rashid with 2200 LP.

Zangief, 11000 LP, win
Nash, 2000 LP, loss < This guy was PXP Lord Problem X (as in, one of the best pro players in the UK, seemingly on a fresh account)
Nash, 6000 LP, win
Nash 5000 LP, loss
Cammy 5000 LP, loss
Ryu 5000 LP, loss
Ryu 1100 LP, win
Laura 1500 LP, win
Ken 3000 LP win
Ken 3000 LP loss
Ryu 5000 LP loss

I ended up gaining +500 points since while I lost more than I won, I gained 200-400 from each of the wins against players with more than 3000 than me. As a Rashid player, I beat the Gief because the matchup is like 6:4, and struggle against the Nash'. I think the matchup against Nash and Guile is very tough for Rashid.

The only match that was on my skill level as indexed by LP, was a professional SF player playing on a fresh account. Don't know why that would be the case, but his ID was PXP Lord Problem X, and Problem X doesn't seem like the kind of person anyone would pretend to be. Plus his 2000 LP Nash was far better than any of the 6000 LP Nash's that I faced. Just goes to show how this matchmaking system isn't working, especially with pro players feeling the need to smurf in order to play new characters.

Yeah, this. Don't like it much because of that. Throws me off.

Nah...It's a costume. It's not Tracer herself in SF.

It's the modders choice if they're making a new costume for Cammy, or a skin swap for Cammy and there is a clear and deliberate difference between those two concepts.

Personally I'd prefer to play as Tracer, than Cammy dressed as Tracer, I understand that there are other people that would like to just dress as Tracer, but it's clear that that wasn't the purpose of the mod.

Skilletor

It's the modders choice if they're making a new costume for Cammy, or a skin swap for Cammy and there is a clear and deliberate difference between those two concepts.

Personally I'd prefer to play as Tracer, than Cammy dressed as Tracer, I understand that there are other people that would like to just dress as Tracer, but it's clear that that wasn't the purpose of the mod.

If you say so.

You can't be "playing as tracer" because it's cammy. It's cammy's moves, voice, personality. It isn't Tracer. It's Cammy.

I don't know about this modder etiquette you've posted, but that's how I see it.

If you say so.

You can't be "playing as tracer" because it's cammy. It's cammy's moves, voice, personality. It isn't Tracer. It's Cammy.

I don't know about this modder etiquette you've posted, but that's how I see it.

You post two things that acknowledge that this might be a rather subjective discrimination, but your second sentences proposes to tell me what I can and can't think when playing a video game, full of fictional characters.

If someone wants to dress a character as tracer and pretend they're playing as tracer then that's okay man, there's no need to debate anything here. The mod exists because someone wanted it to look that way, end of discussion.

Neoxon

That Tracer mod is seriously legit, though the camera needs to be moved up slightly for the close-ups with Tracer Cammy standing.

weekly checkup here. Has SFV been forgotten yet? Is no one playing Online anymore? Let me know...

Deader than Disco.

It's still alive but the player base has dwindled from release, of course. Hopefully the story update/ premium costumes/ Ibuki patch will help things out.

Astrael

weekly checkup here. Has SFV been forgotten yet? Is no one playing Online anymore? Let me know...

I could never forget the San Fernando Valley, I used to live there!

Never thought I could miss the game so much but my week and half Vegas vacation has certainly run its course. Xeteh, better have your Necalli and Cammy ready! Hopefully the super platinum Rashid I ran into in lobbies the day before I left still remembers me, that's one matchup I love fighting with my Karin but rarely get to play. He liked fighting me so I don't feel like I'm wasting his time haha.

I'd like to see them pull a VF4 evo and have a quest mode with AI characters based on tournament players. Prolly outta their budget tho.
That is something I suggested, except not players. Just use official CPT tournaments and use placeholder foes/players to go up against in your road to Evo and Capcom Cup. That would integrate the CPT.

It is too late now though.

My locals get bigger with every SFV tourny. And it looks like in other places, more people are showing up for SFV (and of course, other games as well). I think people are just taking their business either offline or not online at all as much due to the issues.

Gill looks like shit :(

Probably not his final design anyway.

Skilletor

You post two things that acknowledge that this might be a rather subjective discrimination, but your second sentences proposes to tell me what I can and can't think when playing a video game, full of fictional characters.

If someone wants to dress a character as tracer and pretend they're playing as tracer then that's okay man, there's no need to debate anything here. The mod exists because someone wanted it to look that way, end of discussion.

Not arguing. It's not super serious, just giving my opinion. You're welcome to have your own perspective and nothing I said takes that away. Doesn't matter to me either way except that the skinny legs mess up my perspective and makes her look longer, which could mess me up in game.

:)

Xeteh

I could never forget the San Fernando Valley, I used to live there!

Never thought I could miss the game so much but my week and half Vegas vacation has certainly run its course. Xeteh, better have your Necalli and Cammy ready! Hopefully the super platinum Rashid I ran into in lobbies the day before I left still remembers me, that's one matchup I love fighting with my Karin but rarely get to play. He liked fighting me so I don't feel like I'm wasting his time haha.

My what now? Sorry, I don't know how to "street fight" like you crazy kids do these days.

SephLuis

I haven't been playing as much as I would like, but I managed to take a set against a friends Guile yesterday and it was good.

His Guile is extremely defensive, he knows some of my attack patterns, so it's a frustrating match all around. However, I was punishing his Sonic Booms and pokes on hard reads and some on reaction, completely changed the flow of the match.

The last set, the one I won, was 3x1. I think I could have been much better on other sets if I didn't dropped combos -_-

Kamek

Ever since the last service update, this game has become literally unplayable for me. I never had the problems of lagging and rollback before. Fuck everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom