• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

It's small (like 1F or something), but supposedly, yeah.

Huh, news to me, but good to know. Maybe I should consider going back to ps4.

After the first madcatz TE wouldn't even be detected on some motherboard chips, I never bothered. Hori all the way. Gonna get a Kai once a good promo comes along. Or hoping for a Ps3/4/PC silent stick refresh comes out by then

Yeah, I'm going to place an order for a new Hori stick tonight. I already have an old Kai, but those don't have a PC option and apparently have minor lag issues, so I'll probably go with the HRAPV.

FluxWaveZ

Good job, glad to hear you are able to get out and play. What were the match ups that you lost to?

Two MUs I have trouble with, actually: Guile (naturally, as a Mika) and Zangief (I feel like this MU should be more equal on both sides, but Zangief is always so fucking terrifying).

My matches on stream:

1. 1:03:xx = Mika vs. Guile
2. 1:28:30 = Mika vs Necalli (against Woolie of Super Best Friends fame)
3. 1:36:37 = Mika vs. Vega

The timing wasn't as absolutely off as the theater tournament I went to (my only other one), but I guess I didn't know that playing on PC would have just slightly different timing compared to PS4. I'll know for next time.

Looking back at those videos, I was noticeably tense; like I had reverted back to a month ago in my playstyle with constant cr.HPs and lack of whiff punishes. Guess I was a bit nervous.

Edzi

Two MUs I have trouble with, actually: Guile (naturally, as a Mika) and Zangief (I feel like this MU should be more equal on both sides, but Zangief is always so fucking terrifying).

My matches on stream:

1. 1:03:xx = Mika vs. Guile
2. 1:28:30 = Mika vs Necalli (against Woolie of Super Best Friends fame)
3. 1:36:37 = Mika vs. Vega

The timing wasn't as absolutely off as the theater tournament I went to (my only other one), but I guess I didn't know that playing on PC would have just slightly different timing compared to PS4. I'll know for next time.

Looking back at those videos, I was noticeably tense; like I had reverted back to a month ago in my playstyle with constant cr.HPs and lack of whiff punishes. Guess I was a bit nervous.

Very cool that you get to play against Woolie. Also good to see he's also free against your Mika.

You really should be more confident man, you're clearly one of the better players out there.

Veal

This thread is probably one of the most positive places to talk SFV right now. Most likely because it's kinda hidden away haha!

This thread is probably one of the most positive places to talk SFV right now. Most likely because it's kinda hidden away haha!
Well the people that are going to keep participating in the OT are people who like the game. Even the people who only bitch about the game gave up a month or two ago.

MrCarter

Well the people that are going to keep participating in the OT are people who like the game. Even the people who only bitch about the game gave up a month or two ago.

Good riddance I say. However, there are still some around who have no interest in fighting games (perhaps even the entire medium) whatsoever but still like to complain for the sake of it.

PSA: Don't waste your money on any of Mad Catz's new sticks. I just got a replacement TE2+ after the first one had tons of issues, and immediately upon trying it out I find that the new replacement doesn't work either.

Madcrapz giving razer a run for their money

Tournament players might say that because most tournaments are on PS4. If you're used to PC timing, you might not perform well on the tournament stage where PS4 is the norm...

That problem also applies to people who only play online and then play the game in tournaments. R.Mika's ST.MP is -2 on block but it's impossible to punish online. I can counter hit Ryu's St.short after his axe kick on block but for R.Mika I can forget about frame data.

giphy.gif

I can't make this shit up.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Will Capcom ever get a server that can withstand the insane hype about a new SFV blogpost? There must be like 17 people reading this thing, it's madness

Edgeward

Why does vega have a stupid premium costume? Well it saves me money I guess.

And whether it's ibuki or juri all those feet loving freaks will love it either way

BlizzKrut

Banned
"That’s it for today, but we still have a few more surprises up for sleeve for the June update so stay tuned! "

Interesting bit seeing as they already made a blog on everything that was announced for this update (Cinematic Story Mode, Playable DLC Chars, Store Pricing and Costumes), guess there's still one more thing left (maybe VS CPU).

"That’s it for today, but we still have a few more surprises up for sleeve for the June update so stay tuned! "

Interesting bit seeing as they already made a blog on everything that was announced for this update (Cinematic Story Mode, Playable DLC Chars, Store Pricing and Costumes), guess there's still one more thing left (maybe VS CPU).

Extra Battles and Dailies if they are coming this month, I think.

I better get some sick dosh for them Ex. VS CPU fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom