• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjiGAF

C'mon let's not hype ourselves up for Sagat lol. He is inevitable but definitely not tonight.

No, fuck that. Sagat announcement/auto-update immediately following the final match of the night. Like the final hit lands, someone at CapCorp throws the switch, WHAMMO, Sagat is Tiger Tiger Tigering his way into your hard drive and your heart

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
No, fuck that. Sagat announcement/auto-update immediately following the final match of the night. Like the final hit lands, someone at CapCorp throws the switch, WHAMMO, Sagat is Tiger Tiger Tigering his way into your hard drive and your heart
Cr.hp crush counter into tiger knee in the trailer, gonna be awesome

Relique

Can someone help me out with some sf stuff? I only play this casually but I hit a plateau and my fundamentals are complete garbage.

1) I don't tech. People talk about delay tech but I'm never really sure how to utilize it. I know top players say don't tech because it's risky but when I play more than a couple of games against someone they realize my weakness and keep throwing after a tick or jumping or just dashing. I can't react at all even with 5 bars. I can react in KOF most of the time but that has throw invulnerability frames so it's easier to see throws coming.

I get a lot of mileage from throw against people in my league as well, but sometimes I find some good opponents that manage to block the tick throw and if I go for a frame trap they block without fail. I am assuming this is delay tech so how do I make use of this?

2) How to dp the crossups? In KOF I can option select the crossup DP by doing half circle forward, back HP. Even without the OS if I know a crossup is coming I can just do a backwards dp motion and hold the button for the buffer to help me out. In SF I just get a low MP on the wrong side and eat a full punish. This becomes a big problem considering point number 1. People see this weakness and abuse it. I am losing to people just hopping around and tick throwing all round. Mika, Laura, Bison are especially problematic.

I remember seeing a match between Tokido and Momochi and even though Tokido almost never anti aired from the front, he was able to dp every crossup attempt without fail. I must be missing something.

3) What are my options against characters whose turn never seems to end? I know this is matchup knowledge but is there something I should look for to counterattack? Some chars are seemingly able to just press buttons nonstep and counterhit everything. Karin, Laura, Fang.. etc

I know I should be using V-reversal more. I'll work on that as well.

Any tips are appreciated.

Capcom need to either rebuild Survial from the ground up or just fucking scrap it. Never in my entire life have I done something more infuriating and broken for such a little reward. Fucking fix it Capcom, or just get rid of it.

As a Zangief player, I feel the worst aspects of survival are exaggerated.

-White life is truncated at the end of the round.
-V gauge should carry over.
-AI reading inputs with characters like Dhalsim make the match up even harder

I think it took me like 50 tries to finish Hard survival with Zangief to get his colors. I would consistently lose to characters in the low 40s for the longest time.

I was able to beat extreme with Ryu in what felt like only 10 or so tries.

Rage quitting and lag spikes have been so bad for me in the 3000 lp range. I feel like one out of every 15 matches ends in a rage quit. I think it is closer to 50% if I am beating someone in the gold or above category. I think 90% of my total rage quit opponents have been with me in the 3000 lp range.

I just want to get that damn gold rank trophy and I will be done with rank for good and play battle lounge.

Pompadour

Why would they throw in a character that isn't already planned DLC this early? If anything we'll just get someone like Balrog early (if even that).

Street Fighter V |OT| They promise nothing and deliver less.

Holy fuck we got a real match

That dude with the Laura cosplay should get a gif

DR2K

Banned
They can't even release one character in a month and people expect a surprise Sagat?

They can maybe release Balrog and Ibuki together. I imagine that would be a big, but realistic surprise.

Edit: damn didn't expect to be right, lol

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Time for Capcom Secret panic button Sagat reveal!
shaq_shake-58114.gif

FluxWaveZ

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

yes.

It's time. Look at that fucking stage. That theme.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure Friday is July, so they missed the June update.

FRIDAY IS JULY

FRIDAY IS JULY

But you know what?

Fuck it.

Because we get Balrog and that means I don't have to wait five weeks for that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom