• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Gold R.Mika player name GunHoFoSho is a piece of shit. Rage quitted on me during ranked cause he fucking sucks. I get a rematch and he quits before the match even starts

Piece of fucking dog excrement.

Gbraga

How the fuck do I deal with Bison's headstomp as Karin? This shit is driving me nuts. I feel like a complete moron for not being able to deal with this shit. The only logical conclusion for losing to this fucking moron is that I'm even dumber.

GOD, I HATE THIS GAME.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
How the fuck do I deal with Bison's headstomp as Karin? This shit is driving me nuts. I feel like a complete moron for not being able to deal with this shit. The only logical conclusion for losing to this fucking moron is that I'm even dumber.

GOD, I HATE THIS GAME.
Jump back mp or hp

Momentary

Banned
ShinSavior Bison on PC. Another piece of shit. Beat him once. He asks for a rematch. Then rage quits when I was stomping that ass. Piece of crap.

My main is Lara. I think people just get pissed off as fuck when she beats them.

I feel like the update will be Tuesday.

eHJwYmF1MTI=_o_bison-remembers-tuesday.jpg

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I would be, but it's impossible to play the two characters I want to play most online unless it's the best connection...so I haven't played it despite buying the demo.

Leveling up in SF5, though. Fighting some of the best players in the state getting bodied. Last week 5-0 sets. This week 5-3, 5-4.

Almost time for Ibuki. <3

You a Zato guy?

How early or late do I have to do it? It trades way too often when I try it.
You need to work on your timing so that the attack doesn't hit his legs but rather the "upper body". The legs is where the hitbox is so it can sometimes trade. Obviously this is not viable when he has V-Trigger activated.

You can also just do the command dash to get out of where he's gonna land and avoid it altogether. Not a bad choice if you're in the corner/close to it and he's going for that headstomp.

It's gonna be Thursday. Last possible day.
Yup, most likely Thursday.

Btw, guys. I think I now have 2 mains. FANG for when I wanna play zoning and offensive, and Birdie when I just wanna play like a brick-fucking-wall that the opponent has to try and get through.

It's so satisfying just trapping opponents in the corner and then just crouching in front of them and dealing with every option they can think of. And Birdie actually has some decent methods of getting through fireballs and general zoning.

I would be, but it's impossible to play the two characters I want to play most online unless it's the best connection...so I haven't played it despite buying the demo.

Leveling up in SF5, though. Fighting some of the best players in the state getting bodied. Last week 5-0 sets. This week 5-3, 5-4.

Almost time for Ibuki. <3

What kind of connections have you been getting? I have the game but haven't been able to play much online. Just been messing around with advanced combos and training mostly.

I'm tired of waiting for ibuki. Once someone cracks the update and gets playable Urien and Balrog then I will buy the PC version.

What kind of connections have you been getting? I have the game but haven't been able to play much online. Just been messing around with advanced combos and training mostly.

I'm tired of waiting for ibuki. Once someone cracks the update and gets playable Urien and Balrog then I will buy the PC version.
Should get it now. It's on sales for 40 or you can get the season pass+game for 60.

I'm guessing that Survivor song that was supposed to be the theme song for SF5 is gonna be in the story mode somehow. Either plays during the "final battle" or during the credits.

Do you guys think that Capcom Will put the
Seasonpass on a sale in a near future?
I don't think so. At least, not till the next season pass becomes available.

The Deluxe edition on steam is on sale for 60$ which is the best option right now. It includes the base game and the current season pass.

If there are any sales for PSN too, it'll probably be the Deluxe edition that's on sale.

Gold R.Mika player name GunHoFoSho is a piece of shit. Rage quitted on me during ranked cause he fucking sucks. I get a rematch and he quits before the match even starts

Piece of fucking dog excrement.

I've played that person before. RQ right before the end.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Only managed to get 4th in my pool at CEO, but at least I got to kick off the stream on a high note.

Only downside is that I didn't have the opportunity to demonstrate any scummy V-Trigger setups because I don't think I ever lost enough life to build V-Trigger in the first place. :V

I'm guessing that Survivor song that was supposed to be the theme song for SF5 is gonna be in the story mode somehow. Either plays during the "final battle" or during the credits.

No way the final battle will last that long.

Fuck I can't believe this is happening. We get to play as Urien.

What a time to be alive.

Zerojul

God my old man reflexes make me so vulnerable to throws... I really, really can't tech for shit. Having a few beers while playing doesn't make it any better.

God my old man reflexes make me so vulnerable to throws... I really, really can't tech for shit. Having a few beers while playing doesn't make it any better.
Just remember that there isn't a player in the world who can tech every throw.

It really is something that you get better with over time. I had a big problem with teching throws when I started but after a LOT of practice, I've gotten quite consistent with dealing with tick throws and even shimmys.

Tuesday is the unlikelier option, but it's still an option. The PSN store does update on Tuesday so it would make sense. Not like they'd have many days after that anyway.

It's gonna be Thursday though, this is Capcpom we're talking about.

ArjanN

Honestly, throw teching is just taking an educated guess that the other guy is going to throw. Reflexes don't really have anything to do with it outside of seeing people step into range.

Mr. X

Is there a known issue currently with the PC verison?

I booted it up and in game wouldn't run at 60FPS until I put all the graphics setting to low when it was just fine with last 2 settings on high last month.

Is it punishment for playing Overwatch?

raven777

Capcom Fighters @CapcomFighters
We have a big announcement lined up for tonight! Be sure to stick around after #SFV Top 8 at #CEO2016 on

jett

D-Member
Capcom Fighters @CapcomFighters
We have a big announcement lined up for tonight! Be sure to stick around after #SFV Top 8 at #CEO2016 on

Considering all of the DLC characters are playable in story mode, they'll probably reveal all of them in a nice little trailer.

They would do that if they were smart, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom