• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Cross up V-Skill from the front good hitbox, good gameplay.

giphy.gif
There's a lot of ambiguous stuff and guessing in the game, but that V-Skill as well as Chun-Li's head stomp is so incredibly obnoxious. Particularly when you're in the corner.

Really curious as to what it is. A Balrog trailer is a bit weird to me considering Ibuki isn't even out yet. They did say they had "more surprises" (or something to that effect) to talk about when it came to the update so it might be something related to that.
Overall, I'm just expecting a Story Mode trailer with a quick look at Urien and Juri.

『Inaba Resident』;208387581 said:
Really curious as to what it is. A Balrog trailer is a bit weird to me considering Ibuki isn't even out yet. They did say they had "more surprises" (or something to that effect) to talk about when it came to the update so it might be something related to that.
Overall, I'm just expecting a Story Mode trailer with a quick look at Urien and Juri.

*Trailer starts*

*Some random scenes from the story mode*

*Glimpses of most characters*

*Glimpse of Balrog and Juri*

*Ends with Urien saying something badass*

*AVAILABLE NOW!!!! (The game, not the update)*

Zerojul

*Trailer starts*

End with a glimpse of Urien's thong* and SFV is saved forever.

* incoming DLC

Skilletor

You a Zato guy?

Chipp, Jam, and wanted to learn Kum.

What kind of connections have you been getting? I have the game but haven't been able to play much online. Just been messing around with advanced combos and training mostly.

I'm tired of waiting for ibuki. Once someone cracks the update and gets playable Urien and Balrog then I will buy the PC version.

Usually like 5-6 frames. Can play Leo, but nobody with really tight combos.

Careful or somebody will make a thread.

Went against this Sufian guy earlier today and I barely managed to win a match. Amazed that you double perfected the guy, much, much respect !!!

I feel like playing Birdie kinda forces you to pick up and punish player tendencies, something I've been working on and it's been paying off.

EDIT: Even Alucard has switched from Necalli to Birdie and just whooped Chris T.

Neoxon

Capcom Fighters @CapcomFighters
We have a big announcement lined up for tonight! Be sure to stick around after #SFV Top 8 at #CEO2016 on
  • Best-case scenario, we'll get a first look at the remaining Wave 1 characters.
  • Worst-case scenario, we'll get a release date for the June update (probably this Tuesday).

Neoxon

Capcom is having difficulty getting stuff out on the timeline that they detailed. I really don't believe they're gonna release an extra, fully balanced character out of the blue that wasn't even part of the season pass that people paid money for.
This. If I recall, Combofiend said that the remaining Wave 1 characters in the Cinematic Story Mode don't have their movesets & balancing fully fleshed out, so they still have a ways to go.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Capcom is having difficulty getting stuff out on the timeline that they detailed. I really don't believe they're gonna release an extra, fully balanced character out of the blue that wasn't even part of the season pass that people paid money for.

This. If I recall, Combofiend said that the remaining Wave 1 characters in the Cinematic Story Mode don't have their movesets & balancing fully fleshed out, so they still have a ways to go.
Maybe they're late because they needed to work on Sagat.

You really have to work on your imagination!

Neoxon

You're talking to the guy who's still hopeful for MvC4. I have plenty of imagination, it's just that I'm not too sure about that rumor being real. That said, I'd absolutely love to be wrong.

Capcom giving positive surprises is currently a bit out of the range of my imagination.

Though of course, I would love to be proven wrong. Crow would be a delicious meal if it meant I get Sagat in the game.

Neoxon

Capcom giving positive surprises is currently a bit out of the range of my imagination.

Though of course, I would love to be proven wrong. Crow would be a delicious meal if it meant I get Sagat in the game.
Agreed. Plus they said that the Zenny Store was coming when Capcom ended up scrapping the concept.

HellaNutella

Neo Member
I'm so glad I decided to ignore all the negativity around this game and picked it up during the steam sale. I've been a fan since the snes and played a lot of IV (mostly single player and local). Playing online a lot more with this one already. The game feels great and I'm already more competitive. Everything feels so snappy, the matches come and go so quickly that losing isn't frustrating. All in all I'm super happy, the missing arcade mode doesn't bug me like I thought it would.

I'm so glad I decided to ignore all the negativity around this game and picked it up during the steam sale. I've been a fan since the snes and played a lot of IV (mostly single player and local). Playing online a lot more with this one already. The game feels great and I'm already more competitive. Everything feels so snappy, the matches come and go so quickly that losing isn't frustrating. All in all I'm super happy, the missing arcade mode doesn't bug me like I thought it would.
Welcome to the game :)

Glad you're having a good time. We need more people like you around here.

HellaNutella

Neo Member
Welcome to the game :)

Glad you're having a good time. We need more people like you around here.

Thanks, I'm happy to finally have the game, especially in time for EVO. Watching would've been torture.

I can see how people might not enjoy it if they hate losing, however every competitive game is like that. Smash is seen as casual friendly, but online you get bodied all the time at the beginning. Same for most FPS games. Getting destroyed motivates me to play, my favourite games are like that.

KingBroly

Banned
*Trailer starts*

I really hate the last part. It's like 'OMGAVAILABLENOW' followed by 'ffs Capcom we already know, just because sales suck doesn't mean people don't know it's out.'

Oh fuck. I just realized. When Ibuki is released..... she's gonna get released.

We're gonna start seeing Ibuki players online.

Laggy Ibukis. Laggy Ibukis in ranked. Somebody shoot me now.

Scotia

Banned
Capcom need to either rebuild Survial from the ground up or just fucking scrap it. Never in my entire life have I done something more infuriating and broken for such a little reward. Fucking fix it Capcom, or just get rid of it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Capcom need to either rebuild Survial from the ground up or just fucking scrap it. Never in my entire life have I done something more infuriating and broken for such a little reward. Fucking fix it, Capcom or just get rid of it.
It's really one of the worst modes I've ever seen in a fighting game. Mostly because you have to play it to some extent.

It's really one of the worst modes I've ever seen in a fighting game. Mostly because you have to play it to some extent.

Just add the option to always have low/medium/high and full health restore available and the mode will be just fine. It is survival after all.

The stupid decision was locking anything more than FM behind the mode.

Scotia

Banned

What's most infuriating is the fact that you waste so much time beating 25 piss-easy round, only for Capcom to throw 5 rounds of the most broken AI I have ever seen in a fighting game.

It's not even salt, it's just frustration at absolutely piss-poor programming.

Survival mode is like "what if we took all the unfun parts of those modes people played sometimes and made a big thing about it".

It's worse than MVC2, because at least their points system wasn't pushed to just one mode (not including how you could game it).

I really hate the last part. It's like 'OMGAVAILABLENOW' followed by 'ffs Capcom we already know, just because sales suck doesn't mean people don't know it's out.'

It's kinda funny seeing you get less rational things to complain about. Like, it's kinda like a meter. When you start reaching for the most inane things to bellyache about, that means Capcom is actually listening and fixing major problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom