• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo_qwop

I can see how there might be problems, but characters are so simple in SFV that I think two weeks should be enough time for pros to mostly figure them out.

Yeah, I'm not a pro, but I'm going. Didn't want the added work of learning two more match ups in so little time. Oh well.

Zekes!

Balrog has always been super swag.

27_rogupdate03.jpg

Yo Ken's premium costume would look slightly better if it had slimmer pants like Balrog's versus the dad jeans he's rocking now.

I mean it doesn't fix his face or stupid haircut but y'know

Neoxon

Here's a glimpse at Balrog's story (including what's likely Urien's story alt & confirmation that the white suit w/ gold gloves will be Balrog's story alt).

gQFmbcg.jpg

Amazing reaction from Li Joe when Urien is shown.

https://youtu.be/A3kMCB43EGc

:)

Fantastic reaction! Capcom really had some amazing foresight to save the two characters people really wanted to see the most out of their DLC lineup for last. Can't wait to get my hands on Urien.

Also, i'm really happy that they are actually showcasing this stuff to the community itself at events they want us to participate in. This makes the Alex & Guile reveals look as amateurish as they actually were.

HardRojo

Here's a glimpse at Balrog's story (including what's likely Urien's story alt & confirmation that the white suit w/ gold gloves will be Balrog's story alt).

gQFmbcg.jpg

So Urien's story costume will be... another suit. I love his default suit, but I was expecting them to mix it up with the other costumes.

Edzi

So Urien's story costume will be... another suit. I love his default suit, but I was expecting them to mix it up with the other costumes.

I'm 99% sure this means we wont' be getting a naked Urien alt on Friday, and V-trigger will be the ability to throw out Aegis reflectors w/o the suit ripping off. The clothes will remain on until we get the inevitable 3rd strike classic costume packs later on.

Skilletor

gQFmbcg.jpg

This is the worst art ever.

I really can't believe how bad this is.

Also, that LI Joe vid just makes me happy. I had a similar reaction for Charlie.

mbpm1

They won't have Thong Urien bc Capcom needs people to come out with sfm of naked Urien so they can figure out how to make him semi-nude properly

JayEH

『Inaba Resident』;208507251 said:
A Rival Schools character in Season 2 would be so dope

I would love Sakura ;)

gQFmbcg.jpg

my man has plungers for hands

Maybe it's another suit so it can be easier for Capcom to animate him ripping it off in V-Trigger.

That means the thong might look different too. ;)

Xeteh

I would be surprised if he did. Its a kid in a sweat shirt. There's about as much relevance for him as a character as the cop that wants sim to teach him how to breathe fire.

Aside from him being involved with Shadaloo in some regard and in multiple characters' stories, yeah there's not much there.

Pompadour

Na. Rog got Dudlyized. They made him into a volume puncher.

No, Rog and Dudley are still very different. They made Rog like his SF4 Omega version, a juggle heavy iteration. He doesn't seem to be a mix-up heavy, constant pressure-type like Dudley. Plus there's the whole charge vs. motion thing.

I'm more concerned how Q would be retooled if they were added.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
No, Rog and Dudley are still very different. They made Rog like his SF4 Omega version, a juggle heavy iteration. He doesn't seem to be a mix-up heavy, constant pressure-type like Dudley. Plus there's the whole charge vs. motion thing.

I'm more concerned how Q would be retooled if they were added.

He look to be somewhere in the middle. It's SFV after all.

Aside from him being involved with Shadaloo in some regard and in multiple characters' stories, yeah there's not much there.

Certainly not enough to take precedence over any of the other characters that actually appeared in mainline games. But some people i should say.. want him to be a thing.

Xeteh

He look to be somewhere in the middle. It's SFV after all.

Certainly not enough to take precedence over any of the other characters that actually appeared in mainline games. But some of you are dead intent on making him a thing.

Or because the idea of new characters is really cool and makes things more interesting. I mean, why bother Necalli, Laura, Rashid or FANG? Might as well just take the characters from 2 and remake the game over and over again without adding any characters that didn't exist then.

We can assume that a minor character that keeps showing up and seemingly has an important role in the story will eventually become playable. How far-fetched!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Or because the idea of new characters is really cool and makes things more interesting. I mean, why bother Necalli, Laura, Rashid or FANG? Might as well just take the characters from 2 and remake the game over and over again without adding any characters that didn't exist then.

We can assume that a minor character that keeps showing up and seemingly has an important role in the story will eventually become playable. How far-fetched!

Aside from moving dialogue along I don't see why he's any more important than Azam or Mel or Eliza. I just don't see the appeal or the reason for speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom