• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ono tweets one more silly picture in a years-long line of silly things and the whole forum loses their minds over the "possibilities."

You lot deserve your inevitable disappointment. :p

Ono tweets one more silly picture in a years-long line of silly things and the whole forum loses their minds over the "possibilities."

You lot deserve your inevitable disappointment. :p

We have not lost hope. We will never lose hope!!

And I'm not expecting him to release any time soon, this is probably a season 2 tease. He's gonna post images that allude to like 12 different characters then after Capcom Cup, we find out that only 8 of them are actually in Season 2.

If Akuma hadn't shown up in Tekken 7, then I'd say it's stretching it but honestly, this is definitely not outside the realm of possibility. A part of me still hopes for Sagat but Heihachi would be a very welcome addition to this game.

And the story mode is downlodable but not playable. It'll be playable when the update hits on Friday 12 AM PST, which is 37 hours from now.

Thought it was gonna be at midnight?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";208740570]Thought it was gonna be at midnight?[/QUOTE]

Wait shit, I messed up. It's 24 hours and 45 minutes HOLY SHIT, it's only 24 hours.

Raitaro

Nah, I'm not expecting anything. Speculating is fun though :D

Agreed! And in this case: I wouldn't mind either Sagat or Heihachi (although I'd prefer Sagat), or any other character really, so the only disappointment is if the tease is for no (new) character at all.

Moreover, while Ono is a sly trickster indeed, usually his teases do amount to something (disappointing or not) instead of nothing if memory serves.

Shadoken

Really doubt we'll get a Tekken character.
I mean the novelty of Akuma is that he is an Iconic SF character , who is also the First SF character in a 3D fighter. Its a big deal in that we finally see Hadokens in 3D . We already got to see Tekken chars in SFxT. So there is really no great reason to bring one over now.

On that note , I feel like the game needs more villains. Like apart from Bison and crew nobody else is there. And Illuminati just has Gill and Urien.

Really doubt we'll get a Tekken character.
I mean the novelty of Akuma is that he is an Iconic SF character , who is also the First SF character in a 3D fighter. We already got to see Tekken chars in SFxT. So there is really no great reason to bring one over now.

On that note , I feel like the game needs more villains. Like apart from Bison and crew nobody else is there. And Illuminati just has Gill and Urien.

We have Bison, FANG, Urien, Balrog and Vega. That's 5 out of the 22 characters of this year already.

I'm counting Juri as an anti-hero for this one.

Aside from Akuma, how many other "bad guys" are left for street fighter?

Realistically, most fighting game rosters are usually just a couple of truly bad dudes and a couple of altruistic good dudes. Everybody else is just a self-centered asshole fighting for a personal goal.

Shadoken

We have Bison, FANG, Urien, Balrog and Vega. That's 5 out of the 22 characters of this year already.

I'm counting Juri as an anti-hero for this one.

Aside from Akuma, how many other "bad guys" are left for street fighter?

Yea exactly , nobody else is left. Rolento could have maybe fit , but hes too much of a joke character now.
Juri is straight up villain too. I mean sure she might wanna take Shadaloo down , but she probably wants to replace that with her own thing. Someone like Nash is more fitting of Anti-hero right? Then theres Decapre , and thats about it I guess.
Akuma is just like Neutral. We need some 180 on some characters like they did with Nash. I like how MK does it , and everyone has their own motives. So nobody is just left being "Generic" good guys.

If Season 2 comes up , we need at least 1 or 2 bad guys in that. Even if you count Akuma , doubt anyone else is left. Maybe that new kid Ed.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I finished easy and normal with everyone but I won't attempt hard or extreme as long as it is how it is now. Too much frustration and the fm is not worth my time. I wish I could buy the colors I'm missing though.

This is the way to go. I did easy with Alex and Guile last night and should hopefully get normal done before the update drops.

I'd forgotten how fun Alex is to mess around with. His V system feels really unique, and his bombs have a really nice oomph to them.

Maybe Urien's VS will have a similar "power up" effect (like his taunt in 3S).
It could give the next normal increased damage, or make it juggle or something.
Already salivating at the idea of VT Aegis distance being controlled with back/neutral/forward inputs.

I also really hope you can still charge his fireballs...

Neoxon

Less than 24 hours until the update.

tumblr_o52dz3fP6B1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Gief would be so much better if they gave him a 3F SPD. Idk if he'd be balanced tho.

Lol no. IMO, his normals (with the exception of the Lariat) and his grabs are perfectly fine.

It's the fact that just trying to get in on your opponents requires you to take a lot more risk and play a lot slower than before that's the problem. So easy to just not let a Gief get in.

airjoca

This been posted yet?

Capcom's given us a peek behind the development curtain and revealed a handful of characters who didn't make it into Street Fighter 5.

Street Fighter 5 director Takayuki Nakayama took to Capcom's website to discuss the likes of Fighting Literary Master, Fighting President, Clumsy Cutie and more.

146727373851.png

"You need wits, not only power, in a fight!
He's an old man that constantly grumbles to himself. The pen is not mightier than the sword in this game, however. Next!"

street-fighter-5-characters-who-didnt-make-the-cut-revealed-146727380765.png

street-fighter-5-characters-who-didnt-make-the-cut-revealed-146727385378.jpg

"When this cutie starts fighting, her clothes start becoming more tattered due to her clumsiness.
Uses tools when fighting. This idea came about when we were coming up for designs for Laura. Next!"

street-fighter-5-characters-who-didnt-make-the-cut-revealed-14672739085.jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-5-characters-who-didnt-make-the-cut-revealed

Scotia

Banned
My download finished this morning so I went on SFV to see what has changed (nothing apparently), and I got a message telling me about the servers going down for maintenance, but it also said that the story add-on was available to download on PS4 and Steam. Not sure if Steam players have found anything yet?

My download finished this morning so I went on SFV to see what has changed (nothing apparently), and I got a message telling me about the servers going down for maintenance, but it also said that the story add-on was available to download on PS4 and Steam. Not sure if Steam players have found anything yet?
According to SteamSpy:
475230 SFV - Cinematic Story Mode (475230) Depot No size Encrypted DLC 475230

Don't think it's out... Yet :p

Lol no. IMO, his normals (with the exception of the Lariat) and his grabs are perfectly fine.

It's the fact that just trying to get in on your opponents requires you to take a lot more risk and play a lot slower than before that's the problem. So easy to just not let a Gief get in.

While he C.jab is a good normal, it pushes opponents far to combo into C.Lk xx Lariat. And his V-Trigger can only be combo after his Cr.MK close up. When he had Green Hand, he could at least get a hit confirm off a normal to get into the opponent's face to whatever vortex Zangief does . Now he's probably the least threatening character to deal with next to a Guile with low health.

While he C.jab is a good normal, it pushes opponents far to combo into C.Lk xx Lariat. And his V-Trigger can only be combo after his Cr.MK close up. When he had Green Hand, he could at least get a hit confirm off a normal to get into the opponent's face to whatever vortex Zangief does . Now he's probably the least threatening character to deal with next to a Guile with low health.
Such is the cost of being able to combo into V-trigger and the CA.

They definitely need to add or seriously buff some stuff with gief.

I've been too busy moving house to keep up with this thread to check if anyone else mentioned this, but what if that latest Ono teaser pic is not actually for Sagat but for Heihachi instead? (I mentioned this in the Balrog thread as well but that one seems to have quieted down.)

This would make sense for a number of reasons:
- Heichachi is the counterpoint to Akuma in Tekken 7 so far in terms of promotional materials;
- Akuma in Tekken 7 would open the door for Heihachi in SFV;
- Heihachi wears a Tiger emblem of course;
- SFV currently is lacking the traditional old man trope character like Gen or Gouken (unless you count the now bearded Dhalsim), so maybe they saved this slot for Heihachi?
- Ono might be trying to get back into his patented misleading tease game and this one would make sense.

Just a thought.

How's the story mode by the way? I'll have to wait until we get our new place ready to join the fun unfortunately... Edit: oh so it's not playable yet. Guess we'll have to wait together then.
Heihachi guesting for the first time since SC2 on PS2?

lupinko

I have 6 more story costumes to go (Vega, Birdie, Mika, Dhalsim, Rashid, Fang) before the update goes up. Buying that season pass was one of the better ideas I did.
Also buying the game for $10, thanks Amazon.com!

Also buying the game for $10, thanks Amazon.com!

Man you just rub that in our face everytime :(

Still though, I paid 90$ total for the game and the season pass and besides the stupid battle lounge issues in the earlier months which didn't let me play with my friends, I don't regret this purchase at all. I know I'm gonna be playing this game for the duration of it's life.

lupinko

Man you just rub that in our face everytime :(

Still though, I paid 90$ total for the game and the season pass and besides the stupid battle lounge issues in the earlier months which didn't let me play with my friends, I don't regret this purchase at all. I know I'm gonna be playing this game for the duration of it's life.

Oh no it's great value regardless of what you paid for it. And I bought SFV before I even bought my PS4, which I bought last week.

And actually I was planning on buying the super expensive e-Capcom Volcanic edition. But I missed out on it and even tried the Yahoo auction route but my friends talked me out of it. That version is over $150, and with the Zenny collapse (it came with Zenny besides the 4 costumes for Bison, Ryu, Chun and Cammy dlc wise) and me getting the game for $10, I really lucked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom