• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

Yeah, I don't see the point in making it 2 separate downloads when the one half is free and the other half is required...

unless they're going to charge for it later down the line.

I think since so many people are complaining about the size of the story mode should tell you that they made it optional because people complain about downloading large files.

So it's a15gb update? sheeeesh why couldn't they make it one update, that is some stupid shit...

Because this way SF5 is "ready to play" after the first 8gb patch, and you can just jump back into online/trials/training/surivival/whatever, Heck for the offline modes you could set steam to download the dlc while you play them.

Nuszka

I hope they can be sold on the PS Store like outside of the game. I haven't checked on PS4, but the web store doesn't have them. The costumes would be nice on a ps sale.

Thats the problem i have , own the US copy but play on my EU account , when i go i to the game store it directs me to nowhere. The way the dlc works is you need to get the stuff corresponding to the region of your account not the game. Thats how i got my season pass. Think they will update the psn store with new stuff come tuesday. A sale would be nice or a bundle.

Set Kanzuki beach to my favourite stage, sorry hillside.
The themes for beach and daytime estate are so damn fun and joyful, they remind me of IU's music; the soundtrack to Karin's life is sublime.

KingBroly

Banned
I think since so many people are complaining about the size of the story mode should tell you that they made it optional because people complain about downloading large files.

well people are complaining about the fact that it's 2 separate downloads as well. And considering a lot of updates this gen have been well over the 10 gig mark, download size is the least of peoples' issues.

I'd say after thinking it over, Story Mode is a 7/10. It feels rushed in parts in terms of how things are settled. It definitely tries to do more than MKX's story mode in terms of 'meaningful shit.' Some of it falls very flat, though. It also feels like they changed their minds with what the story was going to be part way through. But that's kind of hard to explain. It's still enjoyable, though. More than what I expected in some areas while still somewhat less than I expected in others.

Sims V-trigger is perfectly visible. It's just the banana and can that's practically invisible.

If the stage isn't viable for competitive play then you just don't buy the stage right?
But people could demand a more hardcore-friendly version i guess.

I guess they could do a low tide version where you see crabs and shit running around snipping at your toes and eating Birdie's banana peel.

That should be easily fixable though, just change the z-index of the can/banana and it should just show "on top" of the water, just like how the last character that attacked gets a higher z-index so their model overlaps on their opponent.
Alternatively they could give any "throwables" an outline when it hits the water, though this requires an extra shader.
The banana not so much but the can is visible in the regular water. Its when the tide comes in that the can is hidden completely.

Good fucking dammit. Why will this game never let me login?

It's been a month.

I've downloaded the latest patch and also the story dlc yet I'm still getting the 80004 error.

:(

made a picture of how to do it ( i think ).

stare.gif

Thanks man, it seems to be working.

Guess Who

Banned
The (story spoilers)
Nash v. Bison
fight in Act 5 is kicking my ass. He starts with full V-Trigger and meter and once he gets a hit in on me he just wrecks me. Any tips?

I'm a giant terrible baby at this game, by the way.

vg260

So no costume packs at all for sale? I really have to pay £3.29 for each of them?

I honestly feel it's a dumb thing even from a business perspective. Like, if they were selling a complete premium package with the premium costume for all the characters at maybe half price per costume. I'd buy it. As it stand, I have no intention of buying premium costumes other than the one for Mika

Yeah $4 (+tax) per costume is absurd.

They've always offered packs for their previous games, so I can't fathom them not, but then again look at the color and survival mode nonsense. I buy all the costumes in every fighter I buy, but I'm not spending a cent on them until they offer a reasonable option. When the price is twice as much as DOA, something is wrong.

I actually think the stage pricing is not too unreasonable based on developer accounts of how much effort it takes to make a stage.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
How long did it take you guys to complete the story mode?

2 hours 45 minutes on Normal if you don't skip any cutscenes.

The last few stages on Normal difficulty start to put up a competent fight. Most of Extra difficulty is actually decently challenging if you don't know how to play many of the characters.

The (story spoilers)
Nash v. Bison
fight in Act 5 is kicking my ass. He starts with full V-Trigger and meter and once he gets a hit in on me he just wrecks me. Any tips?

I'm a giant terrible baby at this game, by the way.

Just sit there and block at the start, waiting for Bison to burn through all of his EX meter. Not sure if he'll do that on Normal, but he'll definitely go balls to the wall on Extra.

Since Bison can chain his EX specials together in V-Trigger, just let him do that and spend all of his resources. Don't stick your hand in the blender until he's spent.

I don't remember the exact time but it was around 3-3.5 hours on Easy.

2 hours 45 minutes if you don't skip any cutscenes.

The last few stages on Normal difficulty start to put up a competent fight. Most of Extra difficulty is actually decently challenging if you don't know how to play many of the characters.

Thanks!

Anyone else not able to log into the server? I have the season pass and none of the new characters are showing up in my game.

Edit - Nevermind, it's working now and I have the new characters. Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom