• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laws00

are the colors, stages, and costumes up on the psn store?

I don't want to buy them from shop on the game.

i just want to pay a lump sum for what i want without my bank thinking im going crazy for buying pieces individually

Wallach

The (story spoilers)
Nash v. Bison
fight in Act 5 is kicking my ass. He starts with full V-Trigger and meter and once he gets a hit in on me he just wrecks me. Any tips?

I'm a giant terrible baby at this game, by the way.

That was the hardest encounter in story for me. Best thing I found was to try and block it out until the CPU has burned through all the resource advantage it starts with. Not worth trying to go in given the CPU is pretty good at "guessing" which button you happen to be hitting and it pops all that meter off in your face. It's super aggro in that encounter so just lame it out.

Edit - Forgot to post what I originally came to this thread for:

I had a pretty good time with the new story mode. Lots of brand new characters to fight, some cheesy as fuck scenes to watch, and a suitably street-fightery conclusion.

The highlight for me though was Urien. That's my fucking dude, man. Him and Juri need to launch together like Balrog and Ibuki did. I need Urien yesterday. All I wanna do right now is sit in training mode with Urien. Capcom pls.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Watching PR Rog's stream and he's mostly playing against people close to his rank. Did they improve that part?

jett

D-Member
Man you have to download the General Story separately? I thought I had it ready to go now to play for a little bit... :|

edit: the servers are kinda fucked right now. How can this game still have these issues after so many months?

Moaradin

Lol these dudes going in ranked with Ibuki then rage quitting when they lose. If you don't wanna lose points with a new character, don't play ranked...

Well, at least the matchmaking seems better. I've been getting nothing but Platinum dudes.

T.O.P

Banned
If i try to download the Story mode from Steam it just launched the game and then nothing happens, where cani check if it's actually downloading? :/

Watching PR Rog's stream and he's mostly playing against people close to his rank. Did they improve that part?

Yeah, that's one of the mm improvements that they said they implemented.

Man you have to download the General Story separately? I thought I had it ready to go now to play for a little bit... :|

edit: the servers are kinda fucked right now. How can this game still have these issues after so many months?

My guess is it might be getting hammered from everyone trying to get on at once.

If i try to download the Story mode from Steam it just launched the game and then nothing happens, where cani check if it's actually downloading? :/

Seems to be a issue with everyone on steam. After you launched the game, close it and restart steam. Then go to the DLC and check the story box and it should start downloading.

UJnLyhOh.png

Bob White

Another hour in ranked and I can say I'm getting matches a little more than I use to and I'm only fighting gold or higher.

Seems whatever fix they made was a hard league matchmaking change. Silvers don't fight gold, bronze fights bronze, and so on. At least I think thats the case

vg260

There are still 4 recent undisclosed DLC listings on the Steam database
https://steamdb.info/app/310950/dlc/
Perhaps these are for some sort of bundles, as all of the individual DLC costumes and stages are purchased individually in-game and seemingly not listed as DLC in the Steam database this way.

by comparison, if you look at a game like Pinball Arcade, where they sell the bundles on the storefront, but individual tables in-game it looks similar:
https://steamdb.info/app/238260/dlc/

Gbraga

Yo, is this part of this update?

tumblr_inline_o9m8ozgTHw1rm2xfd_540.png

I feel like I need to learn Cammy now.

This costume is just hggfnjnsdaofdsghngngggnnnn

Ban Puncher

Was thinking about the Season Pass which is $44.95 AUD. But SFV+SP is on sale for $84.95 AUD - forty extra bucks and I don't ever have to get off my arse to put the disc in the PS4. Tempting.

So what do I get with the Season Pass if I buy now anyway? 6 characters, their Premium Costumes, and Guile's Stage?

Lol these dudes going in ranked with Ibuki then rage quitting when they lose. If you don't wanna lose points with a new character, don't play ranked...

Well, at least the matchmaking seems better. I've been getting nothing but Platinum dudes.

How quickly have you been finding games? That's my biggest concern.

jett

D-Member
Hrrrrmmm I'm not feeling Ibuki, she's too different from her 3S self. :|

My guess is it might be getting hammered from everyone trying to get on at once.

They should've been ready for this shit. Not a good first impression (again) for anyone getting into the game for the first time. "Loading" times are stupid long right now.

Does nobody read what they buy before they buy it or something?

Hrrrrmmm I'm not feeling Ibuki, she's too different from her 3S self. :|

They should've been ready for this shit. Not a good first impression (again) for anyone getting into the game for the first time. "Loading" times are stupid long right now.

I got mixed feelings on her, I wanted her more like her 3s iteration, but that wasn't going to happen. I'm enjoying her more than sf4 though.

I had no issues and I logged on about an hour after maintenance was done. You can try opening your ports to see if they help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom