• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Goddamnit, I feel like I'm playing pretty solid, but then Rog's V-trigger turns it around instantly. I've really got learn the frame data on his low mk -> mk target combo.

Flux is teaching me the importance of his HK though.

FluxWaveZ

Should I leave? I'm teleporting. I can't block things that I can't see.

Yeah, my connection seems fine with Lucky and Edzi, but that rollback was something fierce in our match. Something might be up with your connection.

Edit: That one was better than the last one, at least. Maybe minimizing the sources of lag with that stage helped.

Yeah, my connection seems fine with Lucky and Edzi, but that rollback was something fierce in our match. Something might be up with your connection.

Edit: That one was better than the last one, at least. Maybe minimizing the sources of lag with that stage helped.

I at least was able to put up a better fight that time instead of getting bopped by invisible supers.

FluxWaveZ

GGs everyone. Sorry about that last one, CrackpotDesert; it was gonna be my last match anyways, so I had to leave after the host left.

GGs guys, that was fun. Anyone have any general advice on what I was doing wrong?

Generally, it's hard for me to pinpoint correctly this early on, but I guess if there's one thing that I was doing that's hitting more than it should is that I will tend to use the V-Skill for a reset situation when Balrog is V-Triggered and is sending out a barrage of punches. I'll hit the opponent with an overhead, and land big damage with a continued combo. Basically, standing to block in that situation instead of the default crouch while getting hit can be helpful.

Village

am I late on this?
CmYxE6xUcAEKaXv.jpg

After all this time I can finally buy Hot Ryu. So I buy the costume and use it for a couple of matches. Then I go to training mode to see the other colors and I find out I only have two. I mean I just paid $4 for this and I'm now allowed to have access to all the colors unless I play Survival? Is that what it come down to. I've never touched Survival but does Capcom want us to play it that much?

I remember buying costumes in USF4 and having everything right away. Why have we regressed from that? Can't they just realize a lot of their fans don't give a damn about Survival? I'm even willing to throw them another dollar or two to unlock all the colors but it doesn't look like that's even an option. Geesh Capcom, just let it go already.

Edzi

After all this time I can finally buy Hot Ryu. So I buy the costume and use it for a couple of matches. Then I go to training mode to see the other colors and I find out I only have two. I mean I just paid $4 for this and I'm now allowed to have access to all the colors unless I play Survival? Is that what it come down to. I've never touched Survival but does Capcom want us to play it that much?

I remember buying costumes in USF4 and having everything right away. Why have we regressed from that? Can't they just realize a lot of their fans don't give a damn about Survival? I'm even willing to throw them another dollar or two to unlock all the colors but it doesn't look like that's even an option. Geesh Capcom, just let it go already.

They're definitely aware that it's a broken system, but I think the June update was higher priority. I expect they'll have some kind of "fix" eventually, but for now it just sucks (unless you're on PC).

Skab

Balrog is just destroying me online. No idea how to deal with him right now.

Probably going to roll me at Evo ;[

Skab

What are the odds Capcom changes stuff with Urien between now and when he launches in like September or whenever?

some cool combos and resets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_uX9m0rVw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVnq98JcGhg

I'm sure there will be number tweaks/changes (damage, probably frames on some of his normals and stuff) as well as stuff like the full animations of his vtrigger/CA that was posted in the other thread, but he wont be a completely different character or anything.

VariantX

The sf4 way was the best way of getting colors, you got them through time spent with the character. A new color every 3-5 levels would be fine.

Zackat

Balrog is just destroying me online. No idea how to deal with him right now.

Probably going to roll me at Evo ;[

idk how to punish him as birdie yet. other than predicting he would do a dash punch and using fwd.HP for the armor or st.HK for the crush counter.

The sf4 way was the best way of getting colors, you got them through time spent with the character. A new color every 3-5 levels would be fine.

Yep just make survival there for people who want to do it. Locking colors behind that garbage is my least favorite thing about this game. If I wasn't a PC player I would be even more annoyed.

qcf x2

I did some soul searching for about a month but decided to load up the ole SFV for this latest round of updates. Tbh Ibuki is more fun to watch than to play, in my opinion. This was basically the best "when the stars align" combo I could come up with so far. I actually got the damage up another 20 points or so by doing something else but I forget what (probably starting with st hk crush counter).

Online I was like 2-20. She got stunned in literally 4 hits from Balrog. Literally four.

Edgeward

It is not fun when you run into a balrog that abuses the vskill overhead/low. Shit is way too fast right now for me to react properly

Edzi

It is not fun when you run into a balrog that abuses the vskill overhead/low. Shit is way too fast right now for me to react properly

I feel that way about a lot of things in this game tbh. I'm not sure if I'm just bad at reacting, or if the game really favors guessing games and hard reads. It's probably a mix of both.

FluxWaveZ

I wish they'd done more to Battle Lounges; I'd love to use those more to play than matchmaking.

It's cool that the game will only match me against Plat. and Diamond players now, but it also means I'm finding fewer matches at a time. I was good going against Gold players before. It just wasn't fun to constantly go against beginner Bronze/Silver players who were learning the ropes.

Edzi

So is Birdie's can just impossible to avoid? If he walks behind it, it seems kinda broken since it doesn't go away if he's hit and you'll always land on it if you try to jump over.

vg260

They're definitely aware that it's a broken system, but I think the June update was higher priority. I expect they'll have some kind of "fix" eventually, but for now it just sucks (unless you're on PC).

Are they, though? I hope you're right, but I haven't seen them acknowledge the issue anywhere.

Paying more to unlock them shouldn't be their solution if/when they do fix it.

Wait a second, Mika's St.MP is -2? All this time I thought it was +2 what the hell. This changes everything.

I've known that since March. And I still forget about it every time I'm in a match. I'm still trying to remember that I need to punish the target combo(st. LK > st. MP) which is -6 on block.

Momentary

Banned
Man hopefully Capcom does something with the networking issues for Season 2. I'm in the San Diego are and the amount of time I have to wait for matches, the disconnects, the hangs in matches, the frame pacing issues online, the in ability to pull up history sometimes, the server information not sending, and all that other bullshit is unsatisfactory.

This is all with 5 bar matches too since that is the only thing I search for. Such a online environment for a e-sports game. I always try to come back to this, but Overwatch does things so smoothly, that it's hard to comeback to waiting forever and a day for matches.

People don't even request for a rematch because they lost. They request for a rematch so they don't have to wait in the lobby.

I know the wait time is attributed to the fact the SFV doesn't have that many people online to get a quick stream of matches, but all that other shit has nothing to do with that.

Neoxon

TrueUnderDawgGaming actually had a great argument as to why Juri wears her eyepatch.
We know thanks to her Character Story that she does indeed get a replacement eye after Bison steals her mismatching one. But what TrueUnderDawgGaming thought was that she uses the eyepatch because it prevents the eye from giving away Juri's location whenever she triggers FSE out of sight. After what happened with her previous eye getting stolen, it would make sense to keep her replacement eye on the down-low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom