• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is two hudless shots of the beach, one with and one without humans
Sorry that they're not great... this was really tough to get because the camera locks to meshes and because I made the meshes invisible the camera had nothing to lock onto so I had to position the camera on the far right in training mode then snap a shot while it was panning back to center, so I couldn't wait and get the right poses etc. Sorry :p

Why not instead make a 100% alpha texture and apply it to one of the models instead?

This new Ibuki makes me sad, I miss her special moves from 4 since that is why I liked her. She was my favorite in 4 and really miss throwing kunais without worrying about loading, sliding for a neck breaker or that gomba stomp. The worst offender is her English voice, it hurts. I only knew how to do special moves and one move that link to a super, I was scrub tier.

Who is considered a good footsie character besides Chun and Karin?

I like that type of character who have good normals, wondering where Cammy, Ken and Vega fall into since they interest me a bit.

Tonight's been rough.

- One Ibuki rage quitter in casual
- A few laggy/stutter matches (which has settled now)
- Lost a Karin mirror match
- Beat down repeatedly by a Balrog who gave up on rematches as I had no answers

Moral is low.

sixghost

This new Ibuki makes me sad, I miss her special moves from 4 since that is why I liked her. She was my favorite in 4 and really miss throwing kunais without worrying about loading, sliding for a neck breaker or that gomba stomp. The worst offender is her English voice, it hurts. I only knew how to do special moves and one move that link to a super, I was scrub tier.

Who is considered a good footsie character besides Chun and Karin?

I like that type of character who have good normals, wondering where Cammy, Ken and Vega fall into since they interest me a bit.

Try Vega then. He has very good normals, moves quickly, and has about a million easy ways to combo into vtrigger and super.

Try Vega then. He has very good normals, moves quickly, and has about a million easy ways to combo into vtrigger and super.

He can switch stances which worries me about his complexity but he seems less complicated than Karin. Will try the challenges again to see if they aren't too hard.
Good normals are so funny, playing as Chun is really funny when I stop an ex with a normal.

Shackzam

Hm, can't seem to get the hang of his range. I feel like I'm whiffing 90% of my normals.

A lot of his block strings lead him to pushbacked so far he can whiff punish really well. But yeah getting used to his normals is kind of weird. I'm also just punishing stuff that I know to be negative sort of consistently

Kamek

Damn I really hope Ed is in season two. I haven't really clicked with a character other than Nash. I really like the design of Ed and like his backstory. I just need the homie Cody back in SFV :'(

Edzi

A lot of his block strings lead him to pushbacked so far he can whiff punish really well. But yeah getting used to his normals is kind of weird. I'm also just punishing stuff that I know to be negative sort of consistently

I'm still not really used to what's safe and what isn't, but you seem to have that down pretty well.

wamberz1

Damn I really hope Ed is in season two. I haven't really clicked with a character other than Nash. I really like the design of Ed and like his backstory. I just need the homie Cody back in SFV :'(

I wonder if he'll be older if he becomes playable down the line. They mentioned something about accelerated aging in the story iirc which would explain why he grew so fast between sf4 and 5.

FluxWaveZ

Plus: Well, I'm consistently getting matched against people of my rank now, even in Casual.

Negative: Most matches are a lagfest.

I wonder if he'll be older if he becomes playable down the line. They mentioned something about accelerated aging in the story iirc which would explain why he grew so fast between sf4 and 5.

I'd rather him playable as the age he's at right now. I think that's what would be most likely, too.

Kamek

My hopes are that a future season, two or three, takes place beyong the events of Third Strike. A time jump of sorts. Maybe then we can have a continuation of the story.

Edzi

My hopes are that a future season, two or three, takes place beyong the events of Third Strike. A time jump of sorts. Maybe then we can have a continuation of the story.

I'm almost certain we'll be getting story expansions with each content season. The way the general story menus/chapters are laid out makes it seem easy to add on to.

Shackzam

Ah, no worries.

GGs though. Dunno how you're so comfortable with his range/buttons already, but good stuff. Any tips for me? What block strings should I be using to pressure with?

In general Rog's throw mix up game is godlike, he gets tons of meaties with st.mk, but I haven't experimented with all of his knock downs. The main thing I was using a lot of st.mk because I believe it is plus and other normals can link after it. Also strings like cr.lp then st.mk leaves you in perfect range to whiff punish any sort of medium or light normal. I just really like st.mk as a normal so I tried to use it a lot. St.hk is obviously a good normal for pressure and you can get a lot off of it by conditioning the opponent.

Also rush punch is like -4 and any other version is even more negative. You can jab punish it if it's not spaced out correctly. I need to figure out more spin pressure because I was getting jabbed out of most of it. Also st.hp is really good normal to just throw out in the correct spacing cause it's only like -1.

Edzi

Just beat Story Mode. It was nice, but there were a few things I was unsatisfied with, such as
Necalli's role and defeat
in the story.

Yeah, it was a fun story to play through, but certain characters were really wasted. Nash was another one whose story seemed pretty meaningless and anticlimactic. Based on the way it ended, I really feel like they had to make some major cuts to get it out on time.

mattp

am i the only one that's noticed half the time the camera cuts to a female character, in story mode, it's aimed right at her tits and slowly pans up to her face as she talks

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
am i the only one that's noticed half the time the camera cuts to a female character, in story mode, it's aimed right at her tits and slowly pans up to her face as she talks
Isnt a revelaiton to find out those tits belong to chun li? Im actually not sure about this.

Edzi

I haven't used Ibuki outside of trials yet, but her kunai recharge moves seems to really cripple her against Balrog (and I'd imagine a large portion of the cast) since I can punish it from practically full screen. Seems like the only way to use it would be on knockdown, in which case you'd be giving up pressure.

Skab

How does one go about getting the 1 round survival mod?

Edit: NM, figured it out. We sure this thing is safe and isn't going to get my CFN shit banned?

Skilletor

I haven't used Ibuki outside of trials yet, but her kunai recharge moves seems to really cripple her against Balrog (and I'd imagine a large portion of the cast) since I can punish it from practically full screen. Seems like the only way to use it would be on knockdown, in which case you'd be giving up pressure.

Yup.

Xeteh

Edit: NM, figured it out. We sure this thing is safe and isn't going to get my CFN shit banned?

I don't think there's been a single report of someone getting banned for it but no one knows for certain.

Kunai change is very disappoint, sometimes Capcom go to far in trying to reinvent a character and basically fuck them over..

Quesa

I don't think there's been a single report of someone getting banned for it but no one knows for certain.

I can corroborate. Haven't heard of anyone getting banned for it. I'm not sure the current system's set up to detect things like that. Probably why they made the premium outfits cash-only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom