• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never post on Neogaf ever, but I finally just hit Silver and I have to tell the world! I know technically it's not that impressive, but oh my gosh I feel like a king right now!
When I'm an old man, I'm gonna be gathering my grandkids around to tell them the story of how I once got an entire 2000 points on SFV

jett

D-Member
I just noticed that in the post-match window it under TOTAL it says (for example)

1 WIN
0 LOSES

Shouldn't it be losses?

Edzi

Decided I didn't care and hopped on ranked with Balrog. -700 points and down 2 leagues later, I'm realizing that 1) The league system is still BS, since I'm getting matched with people one league below me and losing 90 LP per loss, and 2) I'm utterly free to walk up/dash up throw. Can't react.

Decided I didn't care and hopped on ranked with Balrog. -700 points and down 2 leagues later, I'm realizing that 1) The league system is still BS, since I'm getting matched with people one league below me and losing 90 LP per loss, and 2) I'm utterly free to walk up/dash up throw. Can't react.

8f

jediyoshi

I already downloaded the update. It was what, 8 gigs?

If you're on Steam, go to SFV in your library and check the box next to the story mode in the DLC section

BXmIQFj.png

It's its own 7~ gig download

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, CFN is FluxWaveZ.

And I've just been getting Platinum players and up in match-making now. They definitely did change something.

Really loving Balrog. It's so nice using a character with good walkspeed, dash, mixups and antiairs after strictly playing Bison the past months. Feel right at home with Rog's st.HK too.

Yeah I'm gonna switch. Sorry Bipson.

HardRojo

Ibuki's normal DPs not being CC punishable keeps throwing me off dammit. Is there a reason they are not? Them being not fully invincible can't be it.

Every Balrog online has been free. Even when playing as Balrog, Balrog is free.

Ibuki's normal DPs not being CC punishable keeps throwing me off dammit. Is there a reason they are not? Them being not fully invincible can't be it.

Because Capcom,

HomerBrain.gif

Guile's FK can be CC when it's not being invincible.

jett

D-Member
The servers turning to shit again is really frustrating. Winning ranked matches, getting no points in return. :|

BiggNife

Anyone know any good tips for playing against Rog? I'm playing as Vega but I'd be fine with just general advice.

I feel like this matchup is probably 50/50 for Vega but I just don't know which moves to punish yet and Rog is the kind of character that can make you pay for pushing buttons.

anybody?

Coda

FluxWaveZ's clutch muscle is strong right now haha, you make me want to play Balrog but I'm terrible at charge characters.

HardRojo

That's exactly it.
But Ryu's LP and HP DPs can be stuffed with the right moves and they're still CC punishable :( It just annoys me baiting the DP and not getting a CC because they decided not to wake-up with their EX DP, gonna have to keep checking their bar to see whether they got EX or not then :/

Xeteh

I can't seem to get specials/projectiles out consistently and I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong (and I have key display turned on)

Either you're doing it too slow or you're not pressing the punch/kick button at the same time as the last direction.

So for Ryu's fireball, you should press punch at the same time as your thumb hits forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom