• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Brett

I wish Balrog's CA was charge input like Guile's. I can't believe I was at a point where I couldn't even figure out how to use charge specials, now I'm verging on the point of preferring them to directional inputs.

Also, anyone with some skills wanna set me up with a dope ass Story Mode Balrog avatar?

Wow the way he beat justin the first game, so dirty that sideswitch combo, absolutely stealing that.

All the
Dolls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiGcB1wFPkM

Also
Decapre
isn't the only one that has a unique move set.

Nah the others only have 1 unique move, the rest is just moves from other characters, they aren't nearly as "complete" as
decapre

Pejo

So to buy the DLC Costumes that cost real money on Steam, I have to:

1. Add money to steam wallet.
2. Go in game, pick costume and buy 1 at a time?

I was hoping there was a way through Steam to just pick the ones I want and add them all to the cart, so I can check out once, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Ketch

I wish Balrog's CA was charge input like Guile's. I can't believe I was at a point where I couldn't even figure out how to use charge specials, now I'm verging on the point of preferring them to directional inputs.

Also, anyone with some skills wanna set me up with a dope ass Story Mode Balrog avatar?

Hey. Got any tips for a total noob who wishes he was good at guile? I can easily do everything in training mode but in actual matches fail to execute combos with charge moves in them.

I've thought about switching to a non charge move character, but fuck that, I like guile.

Big Brett

Hey. Got any tips for a total noob who wishes he was good at guile? I can easily do everything in training mode but in actual matches fail to execute combos with charge moves in them.

I've thought about switching to a non charge move character, but fuck that, I like guile.

I can just offer advice on using charge and what helped me was to hold the charge whenever i'm not doing something else. By the time your feet are off the ground from a jump, you should already be holding down+back. Once you figure out the amount of time it takes to charge something, it all becomes a lot more clear.

vg260

So to buy the DLC Costumes that cost real money on Steam, I have to:

1. Add money to steam wallet.
2. Go in game, pick costume and buy 1 at a time?

I was hoping there was a way through Steam to just pick the ones I want and add them all to the cart, so I can check out once, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Better yet, wait until they offer some bundles at non-ridiculous pricing. They are really gouging fans with the prices.

However, given the fact that they are twice as much as most individual DOA costumes already, even as a bundle they will still be grossly overpriced.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I think that's pretty tough in SFV since the damage is so high already.Characters have about two 400 damage combos in them with V-Trigger and CAs.

Just turn everybody that had armor moves that start from the third frame to the 1st.

Suddenly, so many characters become more viable.

I was thinking about this and I sorta understand why some characters don't have frame 1 armour but I think making them throwable since they already are but frame 1 armour would balance it out IMO.

Unless it's on like Mika because her ex peach already starts up at 5f meanwhile Laura's ex elbow starts up at 14f :/

Laura's has longer range and the armor on it lasts longer though.

That's true. IMO Ex peach has more utility in that it can punish more attacks on block where normals wouldn't reach with the quick start up (example punishing fireballs on from close spacing). While ex elbow can only punish fireballs from a distance.

Marvel

could never
I've tried to enjoy Ryu, I just can't. Puts me to sleep and isn't fun to use even when you win.

Parries are cool though.

Sheroking

In terms of capability and viability, obvously

I don't see how they buff characters into his range. He has every tool, including one that only 3 of 19 other characters have AND has damage.

How do you buff characters to his level without also giving them everything or alternatively, giving them something that's so cheap it makes up the difference?

It's simpler to just take some damage.

Edzi

Meh @ nerfs.

Make everybody better. Don't make other characters worse.

IMO Ryu is where everyone should be

Normally I'd agree, but with this game I don't think that's a good idea. Ryu has too many tools and no weaknesses, which kinda warps the way he plays and makes him a legit problem. If everyone played like him then I think the game would be really lame (and pure 100% yolo rushdown), so I think he's one of the few examples where a nerf is actually a good idea.

I) Finally, anti-air with the best anti air in the game, MP DP, and make your foes question why they thought they could jump in like you do.

It's not the best anti air, HP Raging Light is. MP shoryu is up there, though. Ryu's dp being so shallow causes a lot of problems with certain characters and if you watch a lot of Tokido you'll notice that there's time where he deliberately doesn't anti air because of his opponent's approach options.

EX sonic scythe probably tied with EX Raging light as absolute best anti air, but the meter requirement is a big deal. Ryu, Cammy and Ken all have similar quality DPs.

ah this is the life. no worried about rank match, no frustrating stress about LP, just pure fun against player. so what I lost 1000 LP this night, who give a shit. pure bliss

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209216512]It's not the best anti air, Raging Light is. MP shoryu is up there, though. Ryu's dp being so shallow causes a lot of problems with certain characters and if you watch a lot of Tokido you'll notice that there's time where he deliberately doesn't anti air because of his opponent's approach options.

EX sonic scythe is up there too, but the meter requirement is a big deal.[/QUOTE]You're right. This is the best AA.

cr.mp.png

Village

To each their own.

Nothing boring to me about fundamental play.

Obviously talking about balance, though, not gameplay.

I mean he's a shoto
you get what you get

But that ontop of boring to look at and a boring character , i'm not interested. Dude is litterally fight man, but not as fight man as akira from virtua fighter who is just fight man.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209216722]In terms of normals, I think Birdie MP, Ryu and Necalli sLP and Mika cMP are all nuts.[/QUOTE]

Chun's st.LK is up there too lol

TacosNSalsa

I don't know if it's been asked already or even if it's a concern, but if I buy DLC with actual money , characters, stages or whatever , can it be used with my other accounts on the same system? I ask because I have the preorder Chun costume from PSN and it won't allow me to use it with other accounts which is generally not the way it works with DLC

FluxWaveZ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209216722]In terms of normals, I think Birdie MP, Ryu and Necalli sLP and Mika cMP are all nuts.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, Mika's cr.MP doesn't belong with those others.

Coda

Whoa, Mika's cr.MP doesn't belong with those others.

Yeah that AA is a lot more situational or setup heavy. Her s.HP is a lot better as a quick AA IMO. Also I've been trying to get better at making good psychic reads with her Wingless Airplane. I want to catch people neutral jumping on reaction!

Skilletor

I mean he's a shoto
you get what you get

But that ontop of boring to look at and a boring character , i'm not interested. Dude is litterally fight man, but not as fight man as akira from virtua fighter who is just fight man.

I don't know what any of this means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom