• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Order

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209224486]Why are you guys so mad lol[/QUOTE]
Because as a black man I don't find calling black people "jungle monkeys" funny.

Maybe thats just me tho

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209225611]I'll let you keep assuming I didn't.[/QUOTE]

No you won't, because you intentionally just tried to inform him you did with that post

Rog has some extremely easy meaty setups, and they're fun to do.

4xnDQn.gif

DD-11

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209225611]I'll let you keep assuming I didn't.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm wrong. Your general tone in your post and the fact that you think it funny enough to post here implies otherwise. But like I said, I hope I'm wrong, and will assume I am.

NEO0MJ

Rog has some extremely easy meaty setups, and they're fun to do.

4xnDQn.gif

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the spin timing right. I asked this on the previous page but what are some good early guides/videos to check out? I watched Desk's video but that was just for combos.

Maybe I'm wrong. Your general tone in your post and the fact that you think it funny enough to post here implies otherwise. But like I said, I hope I'm wrong, and will assume I am.

No I'm actually racist and my niece is saying racist things because she is a product of institutional racism.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209221954]lol my 3 year old niece walked in to watch me play some Balrog.

"Why is there a jungle monkey??[/QUOTE]
I think my head would spin 360 degrees while my eyes shine like Q's. Someone somewhere is messing with this kid's mind in a bad way.

Edit: Yes, God's Beard is definitely the racist and he outed himself on GAF on purpose. LMAO

Edit #2: WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK IS THAT ABOVE? Urien has got some splaining to do.

That's hot. Do you mind breaking that down a little? I'm not that far along with balrog and I'm a little lost trying to parse that.

EX Dash Low, whiff Cr.LP, St.HK CCs. After MK>MK TC, LP Dash straight cancelled to V-Skill, then MK also meatys perfectly.

kirblar

It's cringe humor, but you gotta work on your delivery, GB.

Also, get her interacting with people who look different ASAP.

I was scared shitless of the sole black teacher when I started first grade because I simply hadn't interacted with anything but white people in person up to that point. This despite being an avid watcher of Sesame Street and other stuff on public television. It just wasn't the same thing and the earlier you break the ice there the easier it'll be for her going forward.

mbpm1

Edit #2: WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK IS THAT ABOVE? Urien has got some splaining to do.

That's what happens when Gill fucks up his Resurrection

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209227432]
edit:weird, why is it sideways? it's upright on my desktop.[/QUOTE]

UR VIEWPOINTS ARE SIDEWAYS

It's cringe humor, but you gotta work on your delivery, GB.

Also, get her interacting with people who look different ASAP.
My "kids say the darndest things" post quickly got pretty out of hand.

She's surrounded by different people all the time. She's half white half filipino, has black relatives, the area she lives in is significantly hispanic and is surrounded by new people constantly.

She really just loves calling people different animals. She walked by a group of people in chinatown and told me to look at all the goats. She calls her friends baby kittens. She thinks she's a t-rex on some days.

My sister freaked out when she said that watching me play SF, and my niece just looked offended and said, "what? monkeys are nice animals!"

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209227879]My "kids say the darndest things" post quickly got pretty out of hand.

She's surrounded by different people all the time. She's half white half filipino, has black relatives, the area she lives in is significantly hispanic and is surrounded by new people constantly.

She really just loves calling people different animals. She walked by a group of people in chinatown and told me to look at all the goats. She calls her friends baby kittens. She thinks she's a t-rex on some days.

My sister freaked out when she said that watching me play SF, and my niece just looked offended and said, "what? monkeys are nice animals!"[/QUOTE]
See, if you told the story like that, you probably avoid most of the kerfluffle.

The whole point is that I'm trying to figure out balrog tech and it's just not happening. I thought he looked bad from the reveal and I still haven't improved my opinion.

See, if you told the story like that, you probably avoid most of the kerfluffle.

I didn't think I would have to explain the racial composition of my family and my niece's idiosyncrasies for people to not take a quote from a 3-year old so seriously.

mbpm1

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209228440]I didn't think I would have to explain the racial composition of my family and my niece's idiosyncrasies for people to not take a quote from a 3-year old so seriously.[/QUOTE]

Time to make a thread about it

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209228440]I didn't think I would have to explain the racial composition of my family and my niece's idiosyncrasies for people to not take a quote from a 3-year old so seriously.[/QUOTE]
Just the context about her giving random animal associations to groups. It goes from cute->cringe that way.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209228440]
I didn't think I would have to explain the racial composition of my family and my niece's idiosyncrasies for people to not take a quote from a 3-year old so seriously.[/QUOTE]

lol, you don't, Gaf is just ridiculously sensitive.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Time to make a thread about it

Nah, it would just devolve into GAF's mob hate like every other SFV thread. Except this one. This is a safe haven, populated by scrubs and pros alike, with a badly-worded personal aside thrown in for good measure just to keep us on our toes.

Neoxon

Who has the best corner preassure? I'm an mkx guy who loves to keep ppl there.
Based on my experience, Karin excels at applying pressure (especially in the corner). Rainbow Mika, Necalli, & Charlie Nash are also great corner pressure characters.

Marvel

could never
Interesting, was gonna say mika or necalli. Only enjoy the latter though, mika tech scares me as I'm a simple kinda guy when it comes to SF lol. Only been playing it off and on for a year and a bit.

Neoxon

Interesting, was gonna say mika or necalli. Only enjoy the latter though, mika tech scares me as I'm a simple kinda guy when it comes to SF lol. Only been playing it off and on for a year and a bit.
Then try Necalli, Karin, or Nash.

I do think Balrog's dash cancels are super good, but mostly as a way to cover the screen super quick. I think he's gonna be more of a white life pressure character than a real mixup nut like dudley.

Season 1 DLC character power ranking let's go:

1. Urien
  2. Guile
  3. Ibuki
  4. Alex
  5. Balrog
  6. Juri

Yeah I don't care that Urien and Juri aren't done.

I love Necalli.

Picked up Cammy today, and quickly learned while not too difficult to use she is simply too weak for my liking.

Cammy definitely isn't weak. Look up Xiao Hai matches. Cammy makes a lot of high placings at major tournaments. Kazunoko won Tokyo Button Mashers with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom