• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Matchmaking is way, way better.

Yep. Been getting pretty quick matches and everyone is always in the same league. Only problem right now is the failed to send data messages, but that's only a visual bug from what I can tell. The actual win/loss is being recorded.

Just blocked Guile's sonic boom spam with his jumping mix ups and overheads for like 10 seconds in a row, then just EX bullhorned in the middle of his cr.mk->f.mp overhead target combo to win the match. FeelsGoodMan

nikos

So I think I've been banned.

Decided to try Ranked, for the first time in months, last night. My match was completely lagged, to the point that I couldn't move. I decided to turn my PS4 off for the night. Now, I'm getting error 21004 when attempting to log in. Tried other PSN accounts and I'm connecting without an issue.

I hope this is temporary because I always play legit, but that match was completely unplayable, and I was tired, so I turned the game off.

Big Brett

So I think I've been banned.

Decided to try Ranked, for the first time in months, last night. My match was completely lagged, to the point that I couldn't move. I decided to turn my PS4 off for the night. Now, I'm getting error 21004 when attempting to log in. Tried other PSN accounts and I'm connecting without an issue.

I hope this is temporary because I always play legit, but that match was completely unplayable, and I was tired, so I turned the game off.

You're fine, matchmaking has been a bit wonky with the errors

Edgeward

Yep. Been getting pretty quick matches and everyone is always in the same league. Only problem right now is the failed to send data messages, but that's only a visual bug from what I can tell. The actual win/loss is being recorded.

Yup, same here including the failed upload but I still get the points.

fresquito

Sadly, it's not always recorded.

so finally decided to pick Balrog as my backup main after Ken
charge player sure is hard, but as soon as you landed that charging buffalo on Birdie face make me smile every time lol

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well finding more varied matches are real but not much else. Im able to quit out of matches faster too.

I have a dumb confession. I've been secretly excited about seeing a 3rd row on the select screen for a long time now. I thought they would do it earlier but they still haven't yet. From the looks of it, they can probably fit 4 more character icons in the select screen horizontally. So Ibuki and Urien remain on the same two rows we've all since the beginning. But for season 2 they have to introduce a 3rd row. Well unless they want to do something weird like forcing us to move the character select screen right and left to select new characters that can't be seen on screen.

Edzi

Has anyone else noticed worse netcode after the update? I'm not talking rollback, but just good old fashioned choppy/laggy games. I didn't used to get nearly as many before the update.

Its a great stun meter bonus.

can you combo into it? It's pretty cool b/c it seems to be a safe midscreen option and can be safe in certain setups in the corner. You can also setup a trade w/ it in the corner under the right condition and get another special or super afterwards. Also fast enough that if you bait a dp w/ it you can still punish the recovery of the dp

Man, I really miss having Buffalo headbutt with Balrog.

There's obviously some sort of design philosophy for SFV that is trying to exclude good anti airs from the game and I just don't really get it. Maybe they found that new players hate not being able to jump? But given how many changes in general are towards making a more fair SF, it does seem a little odd.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209183263]There's obviously some sort of design philosophy for SFV that is trying to exclude good anti airs from the game and I just don't really get it. Maybe they found that new players hate not being able to jump? But given how many changes in general are towards making a more fair SF, it does seem a little odd.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't make sense though since the character that new players gravitate towards naturally is Ryu and he has a good AA and it's invincible and a true reversal without using meter.

That's not even considering his jab AA.

Xevren

I find her cr fierce to be her best anti air. Back strong has gotten stuffed way too much for my liking, and against some of the really good air attacks it seems to lose all the time.

people like me who suck are never going to earn enough FM lol

capcom pls give us fm for participation
Store Mode, trials and demonstrations, easy survival. Medium and Hard if you have the PC version.

Dailies will be coming soon, general story mode plus all the DLC characters will have these things as well.

You can also just buy the season pass to help mitigate the cost.

Zackat

people like me who suck are never going to earn enough FM lol

capcom pls give us fm for participation

whenever they finally add in daily challenges this stuff will all equal out. I imagine they will also add some cool FM stuff in that same update.

Moaradin

Wow Balrog is fun as fuck in this game. I never play Balrog in any SF or charge characters for that matter, but I really want to learn him here.

Just had a hype match win against a Gold Nash. Dude was great, but it was hilarious finding out that his tick throws on wakeup are his weakness and he ate those lk elbow slashes like he was a masochist. I can't stress how much I hate Alex's CA lmao. Several times tonight it felt like his CA just purposefully left a pixel of life left despite hit confirming when it felt like they were below 400 health. It's like he is the exact opposite of Karin with her big Ohoho finishers.
Jesus Ibuki is a crazy character.
Yes, Ibuki is one feisty girl. I've won like zero matches against her. Must be the lack of wakeup options, but seeing Alex's 1050 stun bar be filled up 70% in five seconds is messed up. Feels like I'm stuck in the Twilight Zone with these mixups. I'm going to try more V-Reversals to see what happens when I keep her off. Can't hurt anyway since his V-Trigger isn't all that amazing.

Zackat

Wow Balrog is fun as fuck in this game. I never play Balrog in any SF or charge characters for that matter, but I really want to learn him here.

yeah and his costumes are good too. He is probably gonna be the charge character I actually learn.
Just in time for Urien.

Why can Ibuki do 482 damage off a normal throw

L9mG7j.gif

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209184436]Why can Ibuki do 482 damage off a normal throw

L9mG7j.gif
[/QUOTE]

A throw that had a V-Trigger used before hand, an opponent that didn't tech or press buttons, an opponent that's also in the corner and with a CA also being used?

Just had a hype match win against a Gold Nash. Dude was great, but it was hilarious finding out that his tick throws on wakeup are his weakness and he ate those lk elbow slashes like he was a masochist. I can't stress how much I hate Alex's CA lmao. Several times tonight it felt like his CA just purposefully left a pixel of life left despite hit confirming when it felt like they were below 400 health. It's like he is the exact opposite of Karin with her big Ohoho finishers.

Meanwhle, Rog always pleasantly surprises me with how much damage his super does :)

Yeah maybe I'm dumb but I don't see the problem here ?

I think he's saying it's not a very common situation ig, and can be easily avoiding it.

A throw that had a V-Trigger used before hand, an opponent that didn't tech or press buttons, an opponent that's also in the corner and with a CA also being used?
I just think comboing off a throw in general is a pretty abnormal thing. I didn't mean it in the sense that it was broken.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209184715]I just think comboing off a throw in general is a pretty abnormal thing. I didn't mean it in the sense that it was broken.[/QUOTE]Well yeah, that's why her V-Trigger is so freaking scary. One wrong move can lead to a shitton of damage and stun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom