• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
New official HeebyGB tier list for the month of July:

clonegus15.png

It was the EX Air Kunai.

No I mean why didn't you finish the combo :-(

Would buying the season pass give you access to all future DLC (so all future characters etc)? Or is it just the 6 characters plus costumes, and presumably another season pass or something for those?

Neoxon

Would buying the season pass give you access to all future DLC (so all future characters etc)? Or is it just the 6 characters plus costumes, and presumably another season pass or something for those?
It only gives you the 6 DLC characters coming this year, their premium costumes, & the Air Force Base stage.

Neoxon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209243701]No I mean why didn't you finish the combo :-([/QUOTE]
I can continue the combo after the EX Air Kunai?

sixghost

Does Ibuki suck? I really can't get anything going with this character after 3 or 4 days now. Her normals feel way too short to pressure anyone, her anti-airs all seem bad, and she doesn't have anything tricky until she has VTrigger.

I can continue the combo after the EX Air Kunai?
Yeah using the LP charge kunai
Does Ibuki suck? I really can't get anything going with this character after 3 or 4 days now. Her normals feel way too short to pressure anyone, her anti-airs all seem bad, and she doesn't have anything tricky until she has VTrigger.

Nah, she's just super meter reliant. Try using air kunai as a jump in more if you want pressure.

Also, I feel like FP charge kunai as an anti air is going to become more popular. It hits everything and gives you enough time to charge 3 more kunai afterwards.

Palom

I can't get past Ryu's trial 9. I keep inputting a Shinku Hadoken instead of a Shoryuken.
I've found for combos where you have to do down+button into DP motion, it's easier to do down-forward+button instead, which makes it more likely the DP comes out instead of the super.

Yeah, I'm really struggling with her, too. I just can't seem to find a way to get in, nor escape pressure. On top of that, Hard survival is really wearing me down.

Neoxon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209244208]Yeah using the LP charge kunai[/QUOTE]
I literally just figured that out before you made your post.

Hyun Sai

Ok, now that I'm watching this Juri stream, I'm convinced something is off with DLC female faces in victory screen. It shares the same weirdness than Ibuki. I don't see this with the original female cast.

Did another artist made those ?

Drahcir

Ibuki's trial #4, oh man. I spent a few straight hours trying to land that one. Then took a couple hours off to run some errands (and to cool off). Came back to it later that evening to continue and landed it on my fourth try. That's happened several times already where a break does wonders. :)

It took me forever to complete those. It's not like I breezed through them.

I can't get past Ryu's trial 9. I keep inputting a Shinku Hadoken instead of a Shoryuken.

Easier than it seems! Instead of inputting M punch, then the shoryu, simply input M punch as you get to the down part of your dp motion.

I don't get what's wrong with Ibuki to begin with. Her win screen looks fine to me.

I can explain this too! First, become incredibly neurotic, then the rest completes itself.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209243701]New official HeebyGB tier list for the month of July:

clonegus15.png

No I mean why didn't you finish the combo :-([/QUOTE]

Mostly agree.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209243701]New official HeebyGB tier list for the month of July:

[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking about rechecking the tiers. Necalli has gone up one since last I saw... and ken has vaulted geeze.

Xeteh

Only trials I need are Sim and Karin's. Got halfway through on both and noped the fuck out.

Karin's are the hardest. I don't know what it is about linking just frame Tenkos that is so fucking hard but they're rough. I don't really remember Dhalsim's much, though.

Neoxon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209247874]try doing an MP before the uppercut. I think if the opponent quickrises they won't get hit by the bomb in that timing.[/QUOTE]
Tried that, but you can still quick-rise to avoid the bomb.

Xeteh

So I buckled and put $25 in my PSN wallet, bought Heavy Metal Necalli and I'm trying to decide what else to get.

I have zero restraint.

Why not? Great zoning, and decent buttons. I've had Guiles demolish me from fullscreen, and with rushdown.

His Forward Crush Counter isn't great and his fireball recovers slower than in SSF4. He's also very weak in the corner and mid screen. He's not like Balrog who has target combos

So I buckled and put $25 in my PSN wallet, bought Heavy Metal Necalli and I'm trying to decide what else to get.

I have zero restraint.

You mean Necalli, the Crow, Necalli? Yeah good purchase, I'm considering it too, with a good enough color.
This costume tho... Could this be a hint that he is actually Fei Long's son?

Coda

Based on my experience, Karin excels at applying pressure (especially in the corner). Rainbow Mika, Necalli, & Charlie Nash are also great corner pressure characters.

Karin f's me up in the corner, Karin is probably my demon in this game. Is she a bad matchup for Mika?

Just played against Ibuki-chan she was using Ibuki. When I see an Ibuki either it's going to be really easy or really scary. Scared when people actually have time to practice her shit.

I agree that Ryu is on the top of the tier list. The rest I have no idea.

MrDaravon

First time playing in months, so bad now lol. Getting matches significantly faster than I remember though, and only against other Bronze players now which is nice, but unsure if that's MM fixes or just higher player population right now with the update or what. Squeaking out some wins, although a lot are not deserved haha. Still have the same old scrub problem of just hitting buttons, choking on punishes, and being free to cross-ups. Going to try to make a point now of spending a little time in Trials and Training mode with a different character from time to time to make sure I understand the cast better. In some match ups I still feel like I have no idea what to do so hoping that will help a bit.

Nice to come back to the game though, finally feel good about the package overall in terms of recommending it to folks. Still can't believe they're not just selling the Survival Mode colors though, because fuck getting those on PS4 :(.

Also Capcom pls let me buy the datamined Chun outfit thanks

Xeteh

You mean Necalli, the Crow, Necalli? Yeah good purchase, I'm considering it too, with a good enough color.
This costume tho... Could this be a hint that he is actually Fei Long's son?

Lol

I love it. Its super dumb but it wraps around to great... I just beat normal survival with it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom