• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephtes

So I always said I'd come back to SFV when they released Ibuki as she has been my favorite character since they added her in SFIII.

Holy shit.. NOPE.
I'm thinking of bailing out again.
What did they do to her??

This is not lamenting the lack of vortex... I never used it... nor was i skillful enough to set it up.

They took away her signature moves!
EX Neck breaker was the my favorite "go fuck yourself" anti-fireball move. Gone.
She also lost her spin kicks and her hop over kicks...

These are the moves that made Ibuki... Ibuki.
I don't even know how to play her now...

Her kunais still do next to no damage and now you have to refill them? What is this?

Maybe I'm missing something, but it's like they removed all of Ibuki's methods of playing as a rush down character... how are you even supposed to use her now? She's not a fireball character... or a zoning character... what is she?

So frustrated with this game... and I was already frustrated.

Zerojul

Hit ranked for the first time in a long, long while.
Didn't come acroos a single ragequitter and hit Super Silver. It was easy enough.
Maybe gold isn't out of reach after all :D

Looks like the matchmaking fix was only temporary. Actually it made things even worse by matching me against people outside the US more often.

But today the rollback is a lot worse during the Weekend. In no way is playing someone from Israel 5 bars and have that much lag. The same with a ken player in the US to lags much worse with 4 bars.

A few people I've played with from GAF feel like they're trolling you when they start kicking your ass.

I wasn't trolling, he mostly beat me in the neutral so when I got him into a corner I had to take advantage and open him up.

I was trying to react with a button and just get thrown. Hard survival got me super scared to tech throws. I need to l play more real people. I'd rather take a throw then a full combo.

You can't react with a button, the throw is a meaty.

Shackzam

I wasn't trolling, he mostly beat me in the neutral so when I got him into a corner I had to take advantage and open him up.

You can't react with a button, the throw is a meaty.

Oh no I meant when you just did dash up throw after whatever button you just hit. I know about the meaties. I did the same throw stuff to you as well. It's so good.

W6Az1n.gif

If an opponent is mashing a 3F jab, any medium button cancelled to HP Straight will trade and give Rog enough frame advantage to do LP, MP, or EX Straight, Raw super (Shown in gif), or St.HP.

Possible Combo with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZjXenecwL0

Oh god, you can also get walk up C.MK if the opponent is standing.

Another, more optimized combo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x53o5pibW8

Marvel

could never
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209230294]Cammy definitely isn't weak. Look up Xiao Hai matches. Cammy makes a lot of high placings at major tournaments. Kazunoko won Tokyo Button Mashers with her.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I know she gets results. But her hp and stun is just off putting for me.

Then again I suppose when I think about it, that's down to me getting hit too much lol

Steroyd

Sweet Jesus I just completed charge characters' trials and thought they weren't hard, fuck me I've come along way, still can't use one in battle yet but at least I've got a grasp.

Ryce

Speaking of trials, which are considered the easiest? I've only beaten Zangief's, Birdie's, Mika's, Laura's, and Necalli's, and I'm having trouble with the rest. I'm pitiful at this game.

ps4 huh? RIP that color dream. Easily the best part about playing on PC.

Would've gotten it on PC a long time ago if there were cross platform account implementations, but I'm in too deep to back out now (that and the PS4 is tourney standard for whenever I finally start going out to tournies and casuals more).

Speaking of trials, which are considered the easiest? I've only beaten Zangief's, Birdie's, Mika's, Laura's, and Necalli's, and I'm having trouble with the rest. I'm pitiful at this game.

Could be because I'm a Laura main, but hers were definitely the easiest.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

I haven't been able to beat any of them, so you're way beyond me.

W6Az1n.gif

If an opponent is mashing a 3F jab, any medium button cancelled to HP Straight will trade and give Rog enough frame advantage to do LP, MP, or EX Straight, Raw super (Shown in gif), or St.HP.

Possible Combo with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZjXenecwL0

Oh god, you can also get walk up C.MK if the opponent is standing.

Another, more optimized combo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x53o5pibW8

You can do it with jab into the uppercut as well.

rkWNG4.gif

Not too sure what the utility of either of these is, though. Not super likely your opponent is mashing jab after moves that are + on block. Maybe if you show some tick throw over and over? The downside seems too high for when they block the special.

Laputa_94

I've been practicing Dictator more and have been able to perform a handful of combos somewhat reliably... in training that is. I have tried out ranked in the first time in a couple days and actually won the majority of my matches, the problem is I have yet to implement my combos into an actual match. I am obviously improving, slowly but surely.

mbpm1

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209240482]You can do it with jab into the uppercut as well.

rkWNG4.gif

Not too sure what the utility of either of these is, though. Not super likely your opponent is mashing jab after moves that are + on block. Maybe if you show some tick throw over and over? The downside seems too high for when they block the special.[/QUOTE]

idk, but just the other day count was complaining about not getting enough rewards on mashers, so this might help him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom