• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

This makes actually getting into matches much faster when searching casual/ranked. If you want to change your character all the time, then do battle lounges.

Yeah, this game doesn't need more down time between matches. I'd prefer if your ranking and matchmaking were done by character. I figure if this were the case people wouldn't complain about not being able to go to character select.

The game could also use separate Ranked and Casual Battle settings.

No, its true - its definitely my fault for wrongly assuming that the battle outfits were included. Though the season pass is not really a season pass then in that sense. My point stands, however: having to grind for every little thing in this game is a chore.

I've never seen such a good fighting game be littered with so many bad design choices. Even the little things like having to change your "favorite" character every time you want to use someone different online. For a company that loves to charge consumers for DLC (see: Pretending that gems in SFxT were a gameplay component as opposed to a new revenue stream), I'm wondering where the Unlock All DLC is.

I definitely agree on the bad design decisions part, but the pre-choosing your character is definitely one of the smarter design decisions. Makes getting into ranked matches and battle lounge matches way faster when you don't have to keep selecting your character.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing character select for casuals, since that's the place where you would just want to randomly select character to play online with.

Pompadour

No no no, that was one of the best decisions they made for matchmaking

Yeah, I don't get why anyone would want this changed. There's virtually no difference between changing before matchmaking or changing during. You don't know who you're playing or who they're picking so your selection isn't informed by any data. The only benefit is if you love making decisions at the absolute last possible second.

Yeah, I don't get why anyone would want this changed. There's virtually no difference between changing before matchmaking or changing during. You don't know who you're playing or who they're picking so your selection isn't informed by any data. The only benefit is if you love making decisions at the absolute last possible second.

It would be nice if character select was an option if you lose a game in a Bo3 set. Sometimes I want to change to Ryu for certain MUs but it's locked in at Karin.

Pics_nao

I've tried time and time again but I just cannot get SF to click with me. Had a fuckload of fun sitting in the lab learning new things with characters but the moment I get online I regress to a braindead bird with noodles for arms. I have no problems playing other fighting games online but when it comes to SF I just cannot retain anything I learn. How do I go about fixing this?

Skilletor

I've tried time and time again but I just cannot get SF to click with me. Had a fuckload of fun sitting in the lab learning new things with characters but the moment I get online I regress to a braindead bird with noodles for arms. I have no problems playing other fighting games online but when it comes to SF I just cannot retain anything I learn. How do I go about fixing this?

Upload some of your matches so we can see how you play.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Play low level CPU to learn to fight a moving target if actual execution isn't your problem.

Lead Artist at Naughty Dog Frank Tzeng draws Cammy.

https://imgur.com/a/PC3Qs#7md9uoD
^Good style for a SF x MK crossover
Uguuu, don't get me excited for SFxMK. Goddammit it will happen in my lifetime, believe.

Play me. I'm literally like the worst player in this thread, so maybe without the pressure you can build habits so your combos become natural reaction and instinct. It's like how golf is 50% driving and 50% putting, this game is half reading and half split-second instinct in inputting your commands and combos. You just need reps.

I'll PM you my gamertag.

Hopefully Capcom follows through on their plan to offer alternate ways to unlock colors so I never need to touch survival again. Idc about the FM. I just don't wanna do survival for every damn costume I buy just to get some more colors for it.

You don't even need to do any work for this, really. A CFN name and a replay log is all anyone needs to check.

You'd think so but ever since the patch, I can't check my match history. It just keeps loading and doesn't show up and it used to work perfectly before.

Not sure if you can check other people's match history though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So my Madcatz fightpad arrived finally. As widely reported the D-pad is pretty trash, so much so that even using it in the menus you can tell that even pressing the pad doesn't register. You really have to press it hard to get it to work. Thankfully I use thumbstick and as far as the thumbstick goes it's pretty great. I like the buttons and the controller is pretty comfortable in my hand. Playing gief and straight away I could land stand still spd without any issues.

Anyone using thumbstick and wanting a pad with a nicer button layout than PS4, the madcatz isn't bad at all. If you use a D-Pad I wouldn't even consider looking at this controller. Maybe it will loosen up later but straight out of the box it is shit, compared to the Hori FC4 which I found quite good immediately, only issue I find is the rotating D-Pad has to be re-aligned after a few matches no matter how tight I set the dial. I also can't manage to do gief SPD with the Hori D-Pad. Every other character is great but I need thumbstick for Gief.

I returned this pretty quickly and got the latest Hori FC controller. It's much, much better. That said, I still use a PS3 SFxTK Mad Catz controller when I play SF4. It's very comfortable and the d-pad is great.

Sayad

Lead Artist at Naughty Dog Frank Tzeng draws Cammy.

https://imgur.com/a/PC3Qs#7md9uoD
Capcom butt with NRS face, a weird mix! :3

Hopefully Capcom follows through on their plan to offer alternate ways to unlock colors so I never need to touch survival again. Idc about the FM. I just don't wanna do survival for every damn costume I buy just to get some more colors for it.
I guess we'll know how serious they are about changing things up post Story Mode patch this Friday during their EVO panel.

Pompadour

This seems like something capcom would easily be able to detect and punish. I've got 500k and I'm certainly not going to risk it.

Yeah, I didn't read this in the Reddit thread but that SRK poster implies this will work for the premium DLC costumes. Reddit doesn't mention anything about unlocking the premium costumes.

If people start getting battle costumes for free then Sony will start banning PSN accounts.

Hyun Sai

I'm starting to wonder if some Hori Fight Commander 4 got fabrication problems or if you guys got some insane brute strenght in the thumbs, but I never had to adjust the D-Pad even one time since I bought it.

I even bought the model with the fixed D-Pad just in case, never had to use it.

Asd202

『Inaba Resident』;209692555 said:
You'll catch a mean L if you do this.
You can get anything from the PS store free. Sony won't tolerate that shit

Yeah if anything it will be Sony that will get on this and ban people not Capcom lol

Mediking

Why is General Story not working...? I just downloaded the update but everytime I try to use it on my PS4.... it doesn't activate....

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Now you'll be able to buy colors for the low, low price of $1.

Survival is fucking trash and I demand the names of the people responsible.
There was an interview with Ono and some other head project manager on SFV and they were joking about how they made survival even harder. That was shortly before release. Can someone find it?

Why is General Story not working...? I just downloaded the update but everytime I try to use it on my PS4.... it doesn't activate....
It's separate DLC, you just downloaded the update.

Mediking

There was an interview with Ono and some other head project manager on SFV and they were joking about how they made survival even harder. That was shortly before release. Can someone find it?

It's separate DLC, you just downloaded the update.

The General Story Mode is a separate DLC Download. Get it here if you're on US PSN.

Did you download the story mode from the PSN store? It's a separate download from the patch.

!!!!! OH!!!! Thanks so much!!! I'm stupid!
Just remember, if you can't beat survival, you're not ready for online.

Sad... but mostly true.

Hyun Sai

Whe should start hardcore lobby only for those who completed the 100 rounds of survival Xtreme with their main.

I didn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom