• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me explain some of what i have experienced and tested with the netcode..

SF4 both players are sync, so if player X is experiencing hiccups in his internet connection player Z will also experience the lag...

SFV both players are not synced, so if player X internet is lagging he will not feel it, this is where it becomes horrible experience, player X lag is passed on to player Z, player Z sees player X rubberband/warp, player X is not experiencing this on his screen he's playing a lag free match because he's not the host i have tested this with a friend from 3 different location around the US, Washington first wasn't a test it was when we realized this shit happens back in April, then we did test from Tennessee, Florida, New Jersey..

Since it's not a synced experienced, both players will see different shit from time to time, like yesterday, my friend got a cross up combo to finish the round, on my screen it did not look like a cross up, never experience this in SF4, I rarely got crossed up in SF4, rarely... SFV more like 50/50..

Not to disregard everything you're posting since I'm sure it's true, but ambiguous cross ups have nothing to do with the rollback netcode. That's just the game. SF4 had them and SFV has them.

Sorry to interrupt but did any of you see the latest episode (120) of Cross Counter TV?

Trust me, it's worth it.

As soon as I got to the second game between Mike and TA, and he got CC'd at the first button he pressed, I died laughing. Edit: Holy shit that ending. Edit 2: OMFG

On a second note, I think I'm gonna take a couple weeks break from this game again. When I do that and come back, I always play much better for some reason.

Excellent Adventures are best when they mainly fight one person throughout the episode. Like this recent one, or the HadokenBomber guy with LiJoe.

Okay, I need help understanding something that's causing me to constantly get destroyed.

I just played a Ryu, and all through out the game he would get a knock down and just walk forward into me. Meaning, I have to guess if hes going for a grab or a normal. Anytime I would think he was going for a grab, he would hit me with a normal, beating out my own grab/tech attempt.

Anytime I would get a knock down on him, he would throw me on wake up, out of my normal.

So what is going on here? Why can I not hit him on wake up/he throw me out of meaty attemps, but not it would never work the other way around? Is it just a case of me being terrible and missing the timing of things? Should, say, a wake up jab always beat out a grab, or the other way around?

I'm constantly losing matches due to this sort of pressure, and I just dont understand the rules at play and am feeling incredibly overwhelmed and feel like I cant really get any better at the game until I figure this out.

Someone take me to school, pls

Sounds like your timing is off.
Just because you can see your move, doesn't mean it's meaty.
Meaty means the active frames of your move overlap with the first frame of your opponent becoming hitable (air recovery/wakeup).

Just because you can see your move animate, doesn't mean it's active.
Let's say in your example you were a ryu and tried to meaty with st HP, this attack has a startup of 7 frames, becomes active (gets a hitbox) on the 7th frame and stays that way for 3 frames (7-9), then goes into 20 frames of recovery.

The reason you were being thrown out of your normal (st HP), is because you either did it to early, meaning it didn't have a chance to become active yet, or because you did it too late; if your normal (st HP) was on frame 10 of its animation when your opponent was on his first hittable frame, you get grabbed because the active frames are already over, and your attack no longer has a hitbox.

SephLuis

Does anyone here play in a defensive manner ? I realized I have problems against this time of players, so I need more practice.

The type of player I want to train against are people that do a consistent keep away game, slowly draining opponent health (and my patience).

Anyone can help me ?

Sorry to interrupt but did any of you see the latest episode (120) of Cross Counter TV?

Trust me, it's worth it.
https://twitter.com/enixtm/status/752195934830854144
CnBV9GEXYAIWuLQ.jpg

Xeteh

So I full expect to abandon everything once Juri is released but man Ibuki is super fun right now. My mixup game is shit though, my gameplay is very formulaic so I'm not doing her justice and some of her bomb mixups are beyond me right now... but goddamn she's so fun to play.

I just need to play half as well as Sako, I'd be okay with that.

I still really enjoy Necalli too... this game has too many fun characters.

Sheroking

Not to disregard everything you're posting since I'm sure it's true, but ambiguous cross ups have nothing to do with the rollback netcode. That's just the game. SF4 had them and SFV has them.

There were far grosser ambiguous set-ups involving dive kicks and corner-exchanges in SF4 than currently exist in SF5.

Also, just to defend SF5 from Skab a bit here - SF4's netcode was pretty bad in general. The best games had some amount of lag, where the best SF5 online games are just pretty much offline quality. Unfortunately, the sync issue exists.

Sheroking

I'm kind of over the ragequitters, but I want to put WestCoastDem on blast here. Rank 1000 Zangief tried to jab his way to victory, rage quit in the middle of the final OHOHOHOHO!!!.

Laputa_94

My eternal battle to get above super bronze continued today with no luck. While I feel that I am getting better I have yet to get a good run of matches to league up.

Skab

Your timing is off. Plain and simple. If you want to practice, grab a character with a 3f jab and set it to their wakeup. Then sweep them and work on hitting them before the jab comes out. If you do it successfully you'll see COUNTER.

The guy who does the Gief's Gym stuff on /r/streetfighter probably explains it better. Here

Which character do you play?

Sounds like you're not timing your meaties after their knockdown, most of the time it's medium punch that punishes them for pressing any button, but it does depend on the character.

In terms of you getting up, there are various ways, the best one is to get up straight away so they have to be alert all the time, if they're hovering over your carcas either back dash if you think they're going to grab or just neutral jump to avoid nearly everything, if the character you're using has a DP I.e Ryu's Shoyruken, wake up with that move so they're more likely to either try to shimmy you or they block on you wakeup.

Sounds like your timing is off.
Just because you can see your move, doesn't mean it's meaty.
Meaty means the active frames of your move overlap with the first frame of your opponent becoming hitable (air recovery/wakeup).

Just because you can see your move animate, doesn't mean it's active.
Let's say in your example you were a ryu and tried to meaty with st HP, this attack has a startup of 7 frames, becomes active (gets a hitbox) on the 7th frame and stays that way for 3 frames (7-9), then goes into 20 frames of recovery.

The reason you were being thrown out of your normal (st HP), is because you either did it to early, meaning it didn't have a chance to become active yet, or because you did it too late; if your normal (st HP) was on frame 10 of its animation when your opponent was on his first hittable frame, you get grabbed because the active frames are already over, and your attack no longer has a hitbox.

Thank you for the responses guys.

Time to sit in the lab for a little while!

Smo21

Any ibuki tips for someone not use to her playstyle?

Looks fun but coming from Karin she looks difficult ;-;

Im in the same boat maining Karin. Ibuki is more setup and rush down. She has some things Karin has like meaty pressure, frame traps, but also has more mix ups but less range outside of kunai

Syntsui

I bought Ibuki and I'm having a blast playing her, she has a lot of potential and I'm sure after Evo a lot of people will turn their eyes to her. Of the players I saw using her, SonicFox is by far the most impressive, even more than Sako. I can't wait to see them use her in tournaments.

Xevren

Well he wants to practice on ps4 with evo coming up and he's mainly played on his pc. If there was a way to play your account on the other system I'm sure he'd do that but eh.

Xeteh

Floe bullying people in SFV right now smh all my respect gone.

skLa confirmed only to like Laura players.

Its kind of weird he's playing on a new account.

Well he wants to practice on ps4 with evo coming up and he's mainly played on his pc. If there was a way to play your account on the other system I'm sure he'd do that but eh.

Oh, he was only playing on PC before? ... that explains it. MUH B.

You can take the Floe out of 2004 FGC, but you can't take the 2004 FGC out of Floe.

The thuggery inside him has only grown.

No excuses for bullying! BibleThump

I kno

skLa confirmed only to like Laura players.

Its kind of weird he's playing on a new account.

Only two top American Lauras I can cheer for are Wolfkrone and Mike Ross. My standards are so low I'll cheer for anyone that plays Laura at this point.

Sure, but this stuff has been publicly available since March. Other backgrounds include Mika's ring and Ryu's stage in 2.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The highly skilled detectives at reddit were able to parse through the steamdb to find this out, you should be more respectful

Interesting. But is there a reason that this background isn't tradable until after EVO finals next Sunday?

you can't trade or sell items earned if you buy cards to create badges, which this detective probably did after going on the highly secret steamcardexchange.net

he also could have just bought the background straight up and it wouldnt be tradable or marketable either, at least i dont think you can resell it as i couldn't resell an emote awhile back

you can't trade or sell items earned if you buy cards to create badges, which this detective probably did after going on the highly secret steamcardexchange.net

he also could have just bought the background straight up and it wouldnt be tradable or marketable either, at least i dont think you can resell it as i couldn't resell an emote awhile back

Thanks. I have virtually no experience with Steam. Here's hoping that Capcom has something to reveal next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom