• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

Been playing Story Mode for a bit.... this is...ummm..... really weird.... and ummm.... like what?

I thought
Nash met a gorgeous blonde woman wearing a businesssuit when he came back... like in the comic... but in the game... he meets Helen right outside the coffin?

And then there's this:

"I need your help." *gets in fighting pose*

"I will help you." (gets in fighting pose*

Like, who wrote this...?

mbpm1

Been playing Story Mode for a bit.... this is...ummm..... really weird.... and ummm.... like what?

I thought
Nash met a gorgeous blonde woman wearing a businesssuit when he came back... like in the comic... but in the game... he meets Helen right outside the coffin?

And then there's this:

Like, who wrote this...?

I wrote it

Skilletor

I thought

And then there's this:

Like, who wrote this...?

The answer lies in the heart of battle, bro.

Hey guys, remember this awesome image?

CYmGHjdWAAEQUbM.png:orig

Just love how FANG is clearly trying to get a better look at Mika but Zangief is just standing there, flexing his package.

Mediking

Not trying to complain but this story is really rocky and bad so far. The super hype story trailer is full of LIES. This is not hype but so stiff. Stiff writing... Seeing the in game character models is cool though but man... their bodies look weird too. Necalli is basically Tarzan and Cell combined.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Not trying to complain but this story is really rocky and bad so far. The super hype story trailer is full of LIES. This is not hype but so stiff. Stiff writing... Seeing the in game character models is cool though but man... their bodies look weird too. Necalli is basically Tarzan and Cell combined.
The writing and acting are terrible, basically nothing interesting happens, and all the character models you thought were pretty good actually look terrible when used for this purpose. Enjoy!

Edit oh also there's zero flow because of constant load breaks.

HiResDes

Alright guys just had the most amazing comeback ever one light normal away from being perfected by a Birdie who went for a super... I v reversal it out of the corner and came all the way back with crazy corner pressure to win the round after landing a super of my own. The next round he starts off strong but puts himself in the corner and I dizzy the guy with full super and v skill up and guess what the fuck happens... Yes he quits, he's Super Silver and I'm regular Silver. There's no way this will get uploaded will it??? I really want to watch it again.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Anyone on PC want to get a lobby going for story mode NPC battles? I kind of want to derp around with these characters some more.

Shadoken

Ayano thinks that the training mode tutorial when you first boots up the game helps casuals players a lot, and that if you can beat hell mode in survival, it means you're ready for online play.

What the actual Fuck??? This has to be a mistranslation of some sort. No wonder this Franchise keeps failing in every aspect except the actual gameplay.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
There is one good thing to playing a character with no wake up, no reversals, no anti airs or any defensive option really. Wake up super hits 9/10 times.

Is there a reason some people will just let the 10-second timer count down to 0 instead of simply ending a set in matchmaking? It's just a few seconds, but I don't get why people do this sometimes instead of just quitting out. Seems like a waste of time.

I've had it happen that the same person who beat me and let the clock count to 0 was the same person I had gotten matched up with moments later. Weird behavior.

A few reasons, smart guy. Perhaps, the person on the other side had something that they had to do immediately that they thought they could do it before the counter hit 0, only to not have done so.

Also, sometimes the game glitches out on people during that screen and they're unable to hit the button ro the screen doesn't even come up to do so and it just stalls until the 0 is reached on the other end and it sends you both back to lobby.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I wish Vega got a start up invincible super :(

At least your v reversal does what its supposed to. I think I'm all aboard the JUrien train. I was not a fan of Juri in 4 at all but the more footage that I see of her the more my interest it piqued.

At least your v reversal does what its supposed to. I think I'm all aboard the JUrien train. I was not a fan of Juri in 4 at all but the more footage that I see of her the more my interest it piqued.

Really? I was checkin out Juri games last night and hype went limp. Could be I was watching guys who didn't know what they were doing. What games were you watching{Link Please}?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
What the actual Fuck??? This has to be a mistranslation of some sort. No wonder this Franchise keeps failing in every aspect except the actual gameplay.

How can Ayano think that? SFV would really benefit from a tutorial more in line with how Arc System Works does theirs. Hell, I only found out what mix-ups were after going through one of their tutorials, never mind how gently they introduced me to other concepts and helped drill fundamentals into me. If he genuinely believes that, SF will just keep drifting into the realm of the hardcore and shoo away more and more newcomers, which I can't see being good for the long-term health of the series.

Hyun Sai

I would largely prefer a V Reversal "get the fuck out of me" like the rest of the cast. The flip is useless against any decent oponent and especially bad when cornered.

Skilletor

So...Mandalay Bay sold out for EVO.

That's a thing that happened.

What a great time for Capcom to announce something big. I would love to be there for the reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom