• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Free Sagat. He just wasn't finished in time for the june update.

So...Mandalay Bay sold out for EVO.

That's a thing that happened.

What a great time for Capcom to announce something big. I would love to be there for the reaction.
12,000 seats, right?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I would largely prefer a V Reversal "get the fuck out of me" like the rest of the cast. The flip is useless against any decent oponent and especially bad when cornered.

It's bad in the corner, yeah, but it's the only V-Reversal in the game that can't be thrown.

Xeteh

What glitch in survival mode?

Its not really the same as the PC thing. Basically on PC you can mod survival to only be one round on any difficulty... the thing that has come out for PS4 is that you can tell the servers that you completed various difficulties on various characters without doing them. And apparently you can unlock premium costumes with it too so yeah, the PC mod seems relatively harmless... PS4 workaround, not so much.

I would love to as well, I need revenge against Rushdown Ibuki, and I haven't played you in months. Can I get in?

Rushdown didn't answer yet, but im down to play. I made a lobby, what's ur CFN.

And yeah its been a minute lol

Edit: wait, just got an invite from Rushdown. Joining his lobby now romars.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I would largely prefer a V Reversal "get the fuck out of me" like the rest of the cast. The flip is useless against any decent oponent and especially bad when cornered.

I dont know mang. Being thrown out of a V reversal is extremely irritating.

I can't beat Guile. Still feels impossible :p

Had some good games with AugmentitButter earlier though, where I demonstrated the fact above extremely well.

I tried neutral jumping his fireballs but at mid it doesn't gain much ground and a neutral jump on the slow fireball seems risky. Jumping forward or neutral jumping anywhere close to him is also risky because his flash kick seems to have pretty insane range.

I managed to roll under a few of the fireballs (Rashid) but can't roll under the slow ones (feels like i frames don't last long enough) or the ex's, or the double v-skill ones.

If I do push Guile to the corner, it's not as if it feel as though I'm at an advantage either. His damage, combos and frame traps are hard to deal with. If I was another character with higher damage output or more mixup options then sure, I can see how working towards the corner places you at an advantage, but Rashid doesn't pose the same thread that other rush down characters do in that space.

Pompadour

This isn't the PC survival glitch.

I'm not hating on anybody bypassing survival and getting dem colors, but this method seems like it'd get you banned. Especially the part where it bypasses the need to give PSN money for products.

I haven't run across how to get the premium costumes but the guy in the thread claims he can (although he's coy about it). But yeah, you're right. Cheating Survival like the PC players have done for months is one thing, getting free DLC is beyond the Capcops' jurisdiction and directly involves Sony. I'm sure they'll ban your PS4 and account for that.

I haven't run across how to get the premium costumes but the guy in the thread claims he can (although he's coy about it). But yeah, you're right. Cheating Survival like the PC players have done for months is one thing, getting free DLC is beyond the Capcops' jurisdiction and directly involves Sony. I'm sure they'll ban your PS4 and account for that.

You can find the method on /r/kappa but the reason he isn't posting it on SRK is because it borders on piracy and therefore it can't be posted on SRK. I would imagine the same would happen if anyone posted it on GAF too, so I'll leave you to find it yourself.

Personally I'm not going to do it, because it doesn't really add anything to the game and I wouldn't want to be banned from CFN.

Xeteh

Nah, the description is out there and apparently works. It is just supposedly very easy for Sony/Capcom to detect and considering it allows you to unlock Premium content they'll likely crack down on people who abuse it.

Pompadour

You can find the method on /r/kappa but the reason he isn't posting it on SRK is because it borders on piracy and therefore it can't be posted on SRK. I would imagine the same would happen if anyone posted it on GAF too, so I'll leave you to find it yourself.

Personally I'm not going to do it, because it doesn't really add anything to the game and I wouldn't want to be banned from CFN.

I saw the general FM + color method on Reddit (and linked here) but didn't see anything about the battle costumes. I haven't looked very hard, though. I wasn't sure if the guy was telling the truth or not.

But yeah, you would at least get banned from CFN for that, if not from PSN outright. And it definitely wouldn't fly here as that's clear cut piracy.

Kind of amusing to see it's so easy though.

Recently there have been issues with Uncharted 4's paid DLC also. Which is actually more amusing, because if the server lags you can just mash the x button to unlock all of the paid content.

Devs like Naughty Dog and Capcom just aren't familiar with these MT systems and how to implement them. Either way, it comes across as very unprofessional that they're exploitable in the way that they are.

Man I'm kinda sad at how much of my time playing Street Fighter was pretty much based on how quickly it took to get matches. All of SFIV I would sit down and play for hours in ranked, finding matches instantly and travel back and forth through menus post game in a flash, but as I play SFV and wait for matches and sit through 5+ second loading screens between training and matches each way, it really turns me off. I've heard SFV has gotten better post story dlc but I haven't come back to it since Guile dropped. It's such a slog to play this game now :(

Goddammit Skla, I can't get over how good you've gotten. You'd probably skate to U silver if you ever hit rank again.

Thanks! Been taking a break from the game for the past month because of Ramadan. Been on the grind for the last few days tryna get my Laura back into shape.

And I might try ranked again sometime in the future. The fact that RQing is still bad is pushing me away atm.

Edit: One day ill learn necalli's super isn't a command grab. Not today, but one day.

Thanks! Been taking a break from the game for the past month because of Ramadan. Been on the grind for the last few days tryna get my Laura back into shape.

And I might try ranked again sometime in the future. The fact that RQing is still bad is pushing me away atm.

Edit: One day ill learn necalli's super isn't a command grab. Not today, but one day.

Is Laura's block string punishable? I think st. Mp, qcf+p?

I've lost to 4 Laura's in a row before the battle lounge. I'm on tilt just hitting buttons lol.

It's actually more like his charge dash. It even goes further across the screen when it hits a projectile lol.
Also, rank has never been as bad as the hyperbole makes it sound, in my experience. I think it's just worse at the lower and higher echelons. Then again, haven't tried it in a month or so.

Is Laura's block string punishable? I think st. Mp, qcf+p?

I've lost to 4 Laura's in a row before the battle lounge. I'm on tilt just hitting buttons lol.

If it's qcf+lp elbow, no. It's -2.

If it's medium or EX, then yes. It's heavily punishable. Like I think -6 for medium and -9 or something for EX

Is there a visual indicator for lp vs mp?

The elbow looks like it's aiming for the upper chest/head rather than the gut like light elbow.

medium elbow

NDb5W4l.jpg

Best way to do it would be to go in the training room and lab it out. It shouldn't be something you spend much time on honestly because there are very few decent laura's that just throw it out.

You did good though lol. I can feel myself starting to get tired so next game is my last.

GGs! I need some more Laura experience.

Zackat

unlocking colors with that thing on ps4 is one thing. Unlocking premium costumes is another and will get your account banned at minimum, and could likely end up with a bricked ps4. I am conflicted, because I don't know how Sony would react to things like this, but fuck survival.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Buckled and got the game. Was gonna try and wait it out, but couldn't be patient any longer. Haven't played with any intent to be competent in about 15 years, so this should be interesting. Been futzing around with Cammy in trials and it's been alright so far. Just working on fundamentals, getting my muscle memory to a point where I can perform moves and combos consistently for now. I can see what people were saying about the input buffer being a lot more forgiving compared to SFIV. =O

Will try playing against people when I get comfortable with a character and have brushed the cob webs off my dexterity. =S

By the way, how do I unlock the summer costumes? =)

Buckled and got the game. Was gonna try and wait it out, but couldn't be patient any longer. Haven't played with any intent to be competent in about 15 years, so this should be interesting. Been futzing around with Cammy in trials and it's been alright so far. Just working on fundamentals, getting my muscle memory to a point where I can perform moves and combos consistently for now. I can see what people were saying about the input buffer being a lot more forgiving compared to SFIV. =O

Will try playing against people when I get comfortable with a character and have brushed the cob webs off my dexterity. =S

hand over your wallet

You buy them from the PSN/Steam store. Only Karin's summer costume is up atm though.

Also, welcome to the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom