• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Brett

Sorry I bailed as soon as you joined. Super tired.

GGs Brett, ilybro

giphy.gif

Also, this'll be my last set. Late here on east coast.

Young Magus

Yo so what pc monitor should I buy for this game (or fighting games in general.)

I got a 40in TV right now but I can size down to something thats good enough for onthecouch gaming as well, not planning on setting close to the monitor.

I use a lot of meaty setups that require strict timing that don't allow for me to always confirm what wakeup my opponent is using. One of the easiest ways to beat a lot of my setups is to back roll and use a quick normal. So I've been trying to come up with tech that beats opponents abusing back rolls by using buffered normals.

68pgZ9.gif

More than anything it just feels awesome.

Yeah I rarely watch his stream unless he's either playing SFV or he's talking over tournaments.

I can't watch his streams anymore. He used to be really funny doing I wanna be the guy and stuff like that, but now that he's taking it seriously he's turned into every other internet panhandler. I can't watch streamers sit there thanking subscribers and asking for donations because they play 5 dollar steam games all day.

Xeteh

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209745061]I can't watch his streams anymore. He used to be really funny doing I wanna be the guy and stuff like that, but now that he's taking it seriously he's turned into every other internet panhandler. I can't watch streamers sit there thanking subscribers and asking for donations because they play 5 dollar steam games all day.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with you, not a huge fan of his channel outside of SFV... but I'd sell out in a heartbeat if I could play stupid shit all day and have ~2k viewers giving me money to do so... I definitely don't blame him for it.

Lol <3

Apparently all of SFVGAF is in FloeChat right now. I see you Edgeward and skLa

Best smurfer streamer.

I don't disagree with you, not a huge fan of his channel outside of SFV... but I'd sell out in a heartbeat if I could play stupid shit all day and have ~2k viewers giving me money to do so... I definitely don't blame him for it.

It's only during SFV where he gets that many views. Otherwise it usually ranges from about 400-600 and can get as low as 200 when he plays the same game for a while (like the Grim Dawn days).

Yo so what pc monitor should I buy for this game (or fighting games in general.)

I got a 40in TV right now but I can size down to something thats good enough for onthecouch gaming as well, not planning on setting close to the monitor.

Basically, the one with the least amount of input lag. Display Lag has a list of monitors, plenty of which that are affordable and good for fighting games.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finished all of the abbreviated stories. Didn't really hold my attention, but gave me a taste of all the characters. Still like Cammy the most right now, though Ibuki feels pretty good too. Blew through a fair bit of fight money getting Cammy's story mode costume, some alternate colors, and Kanzuki beach. I really like that stage. It's so pretty! =O

It's only during SFV where he gets that many views. Otherwise it usually ranges from about 400-600 and can get as low as 200 when he plays the same game for a while (like the Grim Dawn days).

Yeah, when he indulges himself and plays games that aren't SFV his audience is a lot smaller. I think if he played other fighting games when he takes a break from that he'd possibly get more people into the stream, sort of how Maximillian often does, hopping into all sorts of other fighters while keeping his numbers up.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Rashid also has 950 hp and stun as well and I don't understand that either. For instance Necalli has generally better normals, more damage, a better v trigger, a meterless reversal, jab anti airs and plenty of tricks that place him at a greater advantage when placing pressure (dive kick, command grab), yet he gets 1000 health / stun.

It's pretty obvious Rashid got the short end of the stick as far as 'rush down' characters go. That's why I'm going to sub Rashid and play Necalli soon. Rashid is still good for matchups like Gief, Birdy, Laura, Alex, Dhalsim etc... y'know, the characters you never see online, but it's rough against some of the stronger and more popular members of the cast.
They went the traditional route of giving faster characters lower health. Which makes sense and always has, except even the slowest characters in this game have amazing dashes. You can't outfootsie Nash with Rashid for example, which kind of turns the whole concept on its head.
They only really made one character slow all around and that's Gief and look where he ended up.

Is there a chart for how many points you need for each rank guys?
Platinum = 7,500 LP
Ultra Gold = 6,500-7,499 LP
Super Gold = 5,500-6,499 LP
Gold = 4,000-5,499 LP
Ultra Silver = 3,500-3,999 LP
Super Silver = 3,000-3,499 LP
Silver = 2,000-2,999 LP
Ultra Bronze = 1,500-1,999 LP
Super Bronze = 1,000-1,499 LP
Bronze = 500-999 LP
Rookie= 0-499 LP

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Platinum = 7,500 LP
Ultra Gold = 6,500-7,499 LP
Super Gold = 5,500-6,499 LP
Gold = 4,000-5,499 LP
Ultra Silver = 3,500-3,999 LP
Super Silver = 3,000-3,499 LP
Silver = 2,000-2,999 LP
Ultra Bronze = 1,500-1,999 LP
Super Bronze = 1,000-1,499 LP
Bronze = 500-999 LP
Rookie= 0-499 LP

And to think Infiltration isn't that far off 20,000 LP. =S

Rashid also has 950 hp and stun as well and I don't understand that either. For instance Necalli has generally better normals, more damage, a better v trigger, a meterless reversal, jab anti airs and plenty of tricks that place him at a greater advantage when placing pressure (dive kick, command grab), yet he gets 1000 health / stun.

It's pretty obvious Rashid got the short end of the stick as far as 'rush down' characters go. That's why I'm going to sub Rashid and play Necalli soon. Rashid is still good for matchups like Gief, Birdy, Laura, Alex, Dhalsim etc... y'know, the characters you never see online, but it's rough against some of the stronger and more popular members of the cast.

But for Guile, it seems like for some characters it might be hard to get in, so they wanted it to be more rewarding when they do get there. Guile's super popular now and is generally considered to have favourable matchups against much of the cast, so I think the health drop helps balance him out a little.
You and l truly live on different planets. Guile died a death in battle lounge. I still see a good amount Alex players which is good for his weak SFV incarnation and Laura only loses to Karin and Cammy in terms of popularity. Balrogs are pretty common and EVERYONE is using Ibuki. Urien will probably the second most played DLC character after Ibuki if Capcom doesn't nerf him to hell before release.
Fuck Rashid. Not because he's good or bad but because he's so freaking rare that I have no practice against him.
Exactly my problem with Rashid. I run into more Giefs than him which is ridiculous. Can't learn a matchup for a character no one plays lol.

Fitts

So after dicking around with the DLC characters for a while (including unfinished Juri and Urien) I think I've come to a conclusion. I was most looking forward to Ibuki, but I'm just not feeling her. It's not that she's bad, but she's just not... I dunno. Third Strike enough I guess? On the other hand, I was least looking forward to Balrog when S1 was announced but he may be my fav. Boxer is just so much damn fun in this game. That V-Skill just makes the character. It doesn't hurt that his design and animations are amazing. It's been forever since I've played a charge character, but this has mah Fight Money.

LakeEarth

Dafuq is up with Rashid's spinning mixer? It's fucking -2 oB yet online, that shit is practically unpunishable.
I know what you mean. Lots of Rashid's like to press light buttons after a blocked mixer, and for whatever reason it usually beats my light even though they're at the disadvantage. It must have a weird timing to it.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
If you space it correctly s.LK beats out a lot of what the defender does- if you only get hit by the last hit of the basic version, for example.

Also V-trigger enhanced mixer is at the very least neutral which a lot of people don't seem to know judging from how many people hit a button after it.

Bit of a Longshot but if there's someone here from South Asia, South East Asia or the middle east that wants to get a lobby going, then quote me.

vg260

I hope the dailies actually give a reasonable amount of FM.

I think they have to. FM from matches is negligible, and all the single player stuff with each character is not really enough.

I'm pretty sure I recall them indicating in interviews that the dailies would be the primary source.

Man, I don't know why I do it but I keep punishing myself with Normal Survival. It has become a daily routine at this point for me to go up to level 28-30 and then die at one of them.

I've only managed to finish Normal with Ryu, Ken and Alex. Those last few levels are really brutal :(

vg260

Man, I don't know why I do it but I keep punishing myself with Normal Survival. It has become a daily routine at this point for me to go up to level 28-30 and then die at one of them.

I've only managed to finish Normal with Ryu, Ken and Alex. Those last few levels are really brutal :(

Don't waste your time. Let's see what they say at the panel Friday. They need to do something as the issue is hurting the game for many people.

for base costumes i don't mind the whole survival thing.

even for fight money, MAYBE

real money costumes? capcom can fuck off. luckily im on pc so i just have 1 round survival but i thought it was dumb how i paid for Giefs costume and only had 2 colors.

Skilletor

for base costumes i don't mind the whole survival thing.

even for fight money, MAYBE

real money costumes? capcom can fuck off. luckily im on pc so i just have 1 round survival but i thought it was dumb how i paid for Giefs costume and only had 2 colors.

Definitely agree with this. It's ridiculous that I have to unlock colors on an outfit I paid real money for.

I'd have 0 problems with unlocking colors for premium costumes assuming the way to unlock them was actually fun. Survival is ass though, so just give me the damn colors for them instead.

Fuck man, I just want Bonita Premium 10 so bad ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom