• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

when you get timed out

tumblr_oa9edhRqiD1usrgjso2_400.gif

SephLuis

Anyone here mains Bison, Necalli or Birdie and wants to play ?

I am falling for frame traps like an idiot and I also need more practice against characters with long range pokes.

Ketch

I think it's because longer recovery on booms + less range on normals.

This Guile is much less "safe" to play, so people are just saying he's garbage.

Honestly, I prefer this much more offense orientated version, and feels he's a solid mid tiers at worst, and really a threat if you got the execution.

I'm super super new, but originally to me he seemed like the ryu of charge characters, like as far as general strategy.... Fireballs and flash kick... People say that execution for guile is harder, but I'd much rather just do down/up then a DP motion.... As I've played him more I think I understand now why people say the execution is harder, it's not that hard fitting charge into 3 or 4 hit combos, but the crazy stuff withe trigger or just multiple booms in the corner combos seem impossible.

The thing is, I feel like I've put a lot of time into guile (for a newbie) and I don't know how to play anyone else, but I've also never even tried to play anyone else (outside of story modes and challenges of course).... Maybe I should try other characters? If guile was more popular I wouldn't 2nd guess my choice.

Hyun Sai

The thing is, I feel like I've put a lot of time into guile (for a newbie) and I don't know how to play anyone else, but I've also never even tried to play anyone else (outside of story modes and challenges of course).... Maybe I should try other characters? If guile was more popular I wouldn't 2nd guess my choice.

You can of course try other characters, but in the end, just stick with whatever you're comfortable with, regardless of the popularity of said characters.

Westlo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209829658]v reversal[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Donkey kick should've been his V Reversal instead of that wack ass one (talking animation) he has now. If they have no intention of adding that move in this game...

A new episode of Back In The Saddle, I finally get silver rank :'(

I have noticed that Kens and Ryu's in the early ranks tend to do more stupid shit and they lose because of it.

I'll never forget the time I had to learn how to properly play online after playing so much with friends and offline.

It was a Ken (obviously) who kept doing heavy tatsu and when he landed, did EX shoryuken. Because of the netcode, I couldn't punish it and kept getting hit by it.

Literally the answer to every situation was DP.

Knock down? DP

Thrown? DP
Throw tech? DP
Did a fireball? DP
Did a DP? DP
Did a taunt? DP
Did a heavy kick? DP
Got a CC? DP

To this day, I still haven't seen as many DPs in one match as I saw that one player do.

mbpm1

I'll never forget the time I had to learn how to properly play online after playing so much with friends and offline.

It was a Ken (obviously) who kept doing heavy tatsu and when he landed, did EX shoryuken. Because of the netcode, I couldn't punish it and kept getting hit by it.

Knock down? DP

Thrown? DP
Throw tech? DP
Did a fireball? DP
Did a DP? DP
Did a taunt? DP
Did a heavy kick? DP
Got a CC? DP

To this day, I still haven't seen as many DPs in one match as I saw that one player do.

I remember those days in SF4
I was the Ken

Hyun Sai

Knock down? DP

Thrown? DP
Throw tech? DP
Did a fireball? DP
Did a DP? DP
Did a taunt? DP
Did a heavy kick? DP
Got a CC? DP

Basically this ?

ken.jpg

I still prefer SF2:Animated movie Ken. He was basically Bison's puppet. He doesn't need to be out of control or garments ripped like Evil Ryu. Psycho Ken if you will, just has a distorted view of his friendship with Ryu and wants to kill him.

Marvel

could never
I fought a flow chart ken last week, fucker kept doing HK tatsu also. That shit can be surprisingly easy to catch you out if you are not paying attention online lol

Why doesn't Chun-Li get a psychotic/evil version?

Ryu has Evil Ryu, Ken has Violent Ken. And Chun-Li is just as classic a SF character as those two.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I still prefer SF2:Animated movie Ken. He was basically Bison's puppet. He doesn't need to be out of control or garments ripped like Evil Ryu. Psycho Ken if you will, just has a distorted view of his friendship with Ryu and wants to kill him.

That basically is what that character profile art is. A quick Google translate on the source page suggests as much.

I can't even play the game atm since PSN is down for maintenance. I'm stuck at the white screen. Anyone else on PS4 having the same issue? Has this always been an issue if you can't log in on PSN?

I can't even play the game atm since PSN is down for maintenance. I'm stuck at the white screen. Anyone else on PS4 having the same issue? Has this always been an issue if you can't log in on PSN?
Try restarting the game. I don't think SFV's online is dependent on being logged into PSN but I could be wrong.

Try restarting the game. I don't think SFV's online is dependent on being logged into PSN but I could be wrong.

Finally got in but I had to wait like 5+ minutes at that white screen to be told PSN is down again and be let into the menus. I had restarted like twice before that too and it didn't go anywhere. That's never happened before. @_@

Finally got in but I had to wait like 5+ minutes at that white screen to be told PSN is down again and be let into the menus. I had restarted like twice before that too and it didn't go anywhere. That's never happened before. @_@
I just tried to log in and it straight up said can't connect to network and threw me into offline mode lol. Guess we'll just have to wait out the maintenance.

I finished getting screens for headers for OTV:
I might replace the Ryu one, will have a look shortly

replacing costumes is such a pain now :( this took me the past 1 and a half hours lmao. I need to try and think of a good moment to screenshot for the banner as well!

replacing costumes is such a pain now :( this took me the past 1 and a half hours lmao. I need to try and think of a good moment to screenshot for the banner as well!
Balrog doing the animation for his super, only replace the bionic arm's boxing glove with the gaf logo?

Steroyd

Character in the background taunting Ryu while meditating is amusing.

Urien for a wait...

...the Juri's out for the new characters. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom