• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think you can learn a lot from fighting the AI in training mode. The computer's punishes are out of control and it does a lot to help with your reaction times to punishable moves and the counterhit popup since the AI behavior is less predictable than a human.

Also you sometimes learn weird tech that only the ai would think up.

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209868997]Honestly I think you can learn a lot from fighting the AI in training mode. The computer's punishes are out of control and it does a lot to help with your reaction times to punishable moves and the counterhit popup since the AI behavior is less predictable than a human.

Also you sometimes learn weird tech that only the ai would think up.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should give this a try sometime. Going against a max level CPU and trying to play defensively by reacting to jump ins and grabs could potentially help my game.

Maybe I should give this a try sometime. Going against a max level CPU and trying to play defensively by reacting to jump ins and grabs could potentially help my game.

It's definitely something that's worth trying out every once in a while. The AI punishes back jumps and neutral jumps and generally uses buttons the way people normally don't so you can look at characters in a slightly different light which is interesting.

Otherwise it's basically like setting the dummy to random block, random counter hit except it's moving around so you get used to reacting at awkward ranges and such. It has its pros and cons compared to playing randoms on ranked.

Shadoken

Chun Li doesnt need an evil form because she is already has a good character design. Only the boring/bland ones need an emo version to keep their character interesting. kappa.

Scotia

Banned
I finished getting screens for headers for OTV:

I might replace the Ryu one, will have a look shortly

replacing costumes is such a pain now :( this took me the past 1 and a half hours lmao. I need to try and think of a good moment to screenshot for the banner as well!

Nice! These look really good.

Chun Li doesnt need an evil form because she is already has a good character design. Only the boring/bland ones need an emo version to keep their character interesting. kappa.

Violent Ken isn't emo. He's disco.

violentken_bigcws6o.jpg

Hyun Sai

Base Chun Li is as boring as you can get, And Ken's base outfit in SFV is the best he ever had in the entire serie :p

ShinMaruku

She does have a 'evil' form, it's Juri.
Hair buns, spiked bracelets is masterful with kicks. Gawks at Ryu. All there.

So it is gone now ? Hope they didn't break something else just in time for evo :p
Haven't seen any tests yet but considering they specifically stated that they're fixing this glitch with the update, it's kinda safe to assume.

Hopefully they didn't fuck anything else up in the meantime, EVO is so close afterall.

Hyun Sai

Are inputs fizzling into nothing a part of the netcode in this game? I've been playing offline a bit and noticed that I drop moves waaaaaaaaaaaay less often there. I figured online I was dropping combos and basic inputs like QCF due to the pressure of a frenetic game, but after playing with someone offline a bit... now I'm not so sure.

Online, it's stuff like I'll do a simple command like Laura's V-Skill, and I'll see her twitch for what probably amounts to a couple frames and do... nothing. Or I'll input QCF+P and she'll just throw out the punch with a bit of a delay.

I figured this was all user error, I'm not so sure anymore after running a ton of matches locally.

Yes, you're right. Offline and online are 2 different beasts.

Marvel

could never
As a huge wrestling fan I feel I should be using either mika or gief lol. But I can't pull off spd's consistantly and everyone I know says he is the worst.

Zerojul

As a huge wrestling fan I feel I should be using either mika or gief lol. But I can't pull off spd's consistantly and everyone I know says he is the worst.
Try Gief out in casuals if you care about your points, he's actually a lot of fun imo. Pulling of a V-Trigger to ex air spd is always a blast :)

Marvel

could never
Try Gief out in casuals if you care about your points, he's actually a lot of fun imo. Pulling of a V-Trigger to ex air spd is always a blast :)
Yeah I can do that move fine in the air, it's the ground spd shortcut without jumping I find trucky. Gief can be fun, I'll practice in casuals.

Alex is also cool but something about him doesn't quite click.

SephLuis

Yeah I can do that move fine in the air, it's the ground spd shortcut without jumping I find trucky. Gief can be fun, I'll practice in casuals.

Alex is also cool but something about him doesn't quite click.

For a SPD without jumping, start from forward and once you do 180°, go straight to the up input and hit the punch at the same time.

Should be something like this:

forward
d + f
down
down + back
back
up + punch

It worked for me at least.

For a SPD without jumping, start from forward and once you do 180°, go straight to the up input and hit the punch at the same time.

Should be something like this:

forward
d + f
down
down + back
back
up + punch

It worked for me at least.

That's 225 degrees, you only need 202.5 degrees to actualy do the spd, so end in up-back or: 632147+p, also you can do it relatively slowly, don't try to rush it or you might mis a direction.

Ketch

Super Bronze!

I'm the best!

Went through all of my normals in training mode, told myself not to hold down back anymore and saw immediate improvement in my game. went on a 4 win streak, beating people with like 4-500 more LP then me and I ranked up. feels good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom