• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
steam downloaded a 1.8gb update. whats it for?

must have missed something bc i never saw anything on eventhubs about an update or whenever i casually pop into this thread

Steroyd

So, after recently getting the game, I've spent some time in training mode with Cammy. At this point, I'm focusing on specific combos that the game presented me with in trials, just trying to drill them into muscle memory. Are most of those combos fairly practical in actual matches or are they better looked at as dexterity exercises?

Also, I've got to get out of the habit of spamming buttons while working through combos. For some of them I have a tendency to rapidly hit buttons over and over while going through the motions rather that doing it slower and getting the timing right. I'm particularly bad with that on Cammy when doing Jumping h.p. > Standing h.p. > Cannon Spike. I tended to spam the punch buttons rather than try to get the timing down. T_T On the plus side, it helped me learn that her critical art can be tacked on the end of it from doing all that spam, but it's becoming obvious that I've got to work on taking things slower, and being more in control when doing moves.

As mentioned before they're mostly proof of concept of what you can do, that said trial 9 is a good one to remember when you need to pop V trigger, trial 7 is also a good one for muscle memory because it's the perfect meterless punish combo after getting a st.HK crush counter.

Trial 4 is good practice for cancelling light attacks into specials.

i wish deadendthrills shared that screenshot technology

sonicrush.png

thats it? 1.8gb for that?

capcom needs to hire better people

There's actually 3.7gigs of files being updated, characters are inside multiple files and these all need updates. The main file is 1.6gb, so a character change, like a hitbox fix, will always be at least this size to download.

It also seems obvious that the latest stable is being used for the update, so everything that has been fixed/updated is going to be downloaded as well.

Ploid 3.0

Is using mods ok in this game? Costume mods like Alex SF3, and background music mods for example? Would it cause online conflicts or get you banned?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Is using mods ok in this game? Costume mods like Alex SF3, and background music mods for example? Would it cause online conflicts or get you banned?

It's all local so only shows up on your end. Online opponents will see your character in its default form, so there aren't any issues with costume mods.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
This guy's dedication to music-a-fy-ing the exploits of Mike Ross and friends is truly admirable.

Seriously, they already have amazing synergy coupled with unforeseen encounters like the bot episode, making for great content. These beats work too perfectly with their antics! The guy is doing good work.

Can't stop listening to this song. Thinking KBrad needs one dedicated to him.

"I was too busy getting distracted" was his excuse for losing. Why is that line the hook of the song followed by the excellent "I'm a machine too!"?

There was so much material in that episode that could have went way better with the machine line.

To defeat evil, you must first embrace it.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Seriously, they already have amazing synergy coupled with unforeseen encounters like the bot episode, making for great content. These beats work too perfectly with their antics! The guy is doing good work.

Can't stop listening to this song. Thinking KBrad needs one dedicated to him.

At first I misread that as "God's work" then after further thought, I figured, yes, that is also an apt description.

As for KBrad, the world needs more of that guy in general. One of my favorite players. =)

Huh, don't know if PC players got it in addition to this but my ps4 version just downloaded the 1.05 update ingame instead of through PSN. It was fairly small too.

I think this is the first time since the beta that they pushed an update in-game.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Just realized I have a mountain of Steam cards I don't care about. Time to sell, sell, sell, and grab a mountain of costumes!

Why doesn't anyone believe me when I say I like a character for how they play rather than what they wear... T_T

Sheroking

Wait, wait, wait... Ibuku's V-reversal works on half-screen sonic booms?

I'm guessing Juri and maybe more store items?

Juri and Urien were both patched into the game with the twin 8GB patches. They might have made changes to them. We know there are aspects of their designs that aren't in the game yet - like the character specific win quotes.

This was meant to be a pre-EVO bug-fix. Shit like Ibuki's completely invincible air-throw were the reasons we were given. James Chen is tweeting that Cammy lost a hooligan set-up for some reason.

Hyun Sai

Huh, don't know if PC players got it in addition to this but my ps4 version just downloaded the 1.05 update ingame instead of through PSN. It was fairly small too.

I think this is the first time since the beta that they pushed an update in-game.

Same here. No way it was more than 300MB.

Neoxon

Wait, wait, wait... Ibuku's V-reversal works on half-screen sonic booms?

Juri and Urien were both patched into the game with the twin 8GB patches. They might have made changes to them. We know there are aspects of their designs that aren't in the game yet - like the character specific win quotes.

This was meant to be a pre-EVO bug-fix. Shit like Ibuki's completely invincible air-throw were the reasons we were given. James Chen is tweeting that Cammy lost a hooligan set-up for some reason.
There's also Urien's clothes-burning that needs to be properly implemented.

Ketch

well... maybe it's just me but it seems that my ds4 no longer works with the game on pc after the update...

anyone else having issues?

Bob White

Ryu is soooo fucking goddamn strong. Like, nerf something...anything. I fucking KNEW he'd be the best from the betas. Meanwhile motherfuckers crying and shit about how he needed buffs.

Ryu is soooo fucking goddamn strong. Like, nerf something...anything. I fucking KNEW he'd be the best from the betas. Meanwhile motherfuckers crying and shit about how he needed buffs.
Ryu is indeed incredibly strong if not the strongest character in the game but the one weakness that he does have is that you face so many Ryu players that you kinda know what to do in that matchup.

Inversely, Rashid isn't that strong but because of the lack of matchup knowledge a lot of people struggle with him.

Ryu is indeed incredibly strong if not the strongest character in the game but the one weakness that he does have is that you face so many Ryu players that you kinda know what to do in that matchup.
Iono. This is like, the best Ryu ever. He has no actual in-game weaknesses, he's like a Gundam. I can beat dishonest Mikas and Kens but I can never beat a member of the Ryu Army.

Needs donkey kick

I would consider some Ryu nerfs to obtain this. Depends how good the move is though. We can shave off some frames here and there for a decent donkey kick that has an EX version with wall bounce.

Nerfing is never the answer.

But seriously, this is the mindset we need to have. Buff other characters to be as good as the top tier instead of nerfing everybody down to the bottom. If we had a situation like Vanilla with characters like Sagat Seth, or Akuma then you definitely have a point. But characters like Ryu and Chun IMO are no where near that strong compared to the "weaker" characters in this game.

Sheroking

But seriously, this is the mindset we need to have. Buff other characters to be as good as the top tier instead of nerfing everybody down to the bottom. If we had a situation like Vanilla with characters like Sagat Seth, or Akuma then you definitely have a point. But characters like Ryu and Chun IMO are no where near that strong compared to the "weaker" characters in this game.

This game isn't as broken as vanilla SF4, but honestly, Ryu is pretty goddamn obnoxious and I don't see how buffing other characters is an answer to a character design that has no weaknesses. Like, which specific part of his game isn't top tier?

How do you buff a character like FANG against that? Do you give him a bunch of damage? What does that do to his good match-ups? Are we making 7-3's?

This "buff instead of nerf" idea is completely untested. No fighting game has done it, to my knowledge. SSF4 and USF4 were two of the most balanced Street Fighter games ever and they got there by employing wide-spread nerfs.

Bob White

I would consider some Ryu nerfs to obtain this. Depends how good the move is though. We can shave off some frames here and there for a decent donkey kick that has an EX version with wall bounce.

I'd usually agree with this but...I just can't this time. Ryu/Chun/Nash just feel like shit to play against. These insane dash speeds just cripple you in the neutral. And Ryu...fucking hell. Nerf his damage or something. Or just take away ex fireball completely. Having a dash that good and basically the speed of an ex boom whenever you have meter just makes no sense.

It actually does this with every update, 1.04 said "downloading update" ingame too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom