• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephLuis

ID:HanksB

Wait a bit and I will invite you. Can't send while spectating.

Xeteh, you can definetely combo with cammy given the opportunity. Try to add mre mix ups and setups to your play. Use her holligan as cross up and the one that she hurls herself in the air. Cammy has to continue in the agression since she doesn't have any long range tools.

Can't give you too much hints because I don't play with cammy too much =/

Xeteh

I'll be back in 10-15. I need to make some food. GGs though

Wait a bit and I will invite you. Can't send while spectating.

Xeteh, you can definetely combo with cammy given the opportunity. Try to add mre mix ups and setups to your play. Use her holligan as cross up and the one that she hurls herself in the air. Cammy has to continue in the agression since she doesn't have any long range tools.

Can't give you too much hints because I don't play with cammy too much =/

Cammy is my favorite character but I've come to the conclusion that she's the wrong character for my playstyle, I try to be too reactive and defensive. Gonna try Guile once he's out tomorrow night. Thanks for the advice, though!

I'll be back in 10-15. I need to make some food. GGs though

Cammy is my favorite character but I've come to the conclusion that she's the wrong character for my playstyle, I try to be too reactive and defensive. Gonna try Guile once he's out tomorrow night. Thanks for the advice, though!
Karin can also be played quite reactive as well.

Big Brett

Anybody interested in critiquing a few videos of my play? I know what I'm doing wrong mostly, but hearing it really laid out to me from another set of eyes would help tremendously.

This is a win, and this is a 0-2 loss.

Also this is the blog which I posted both in. I'm just going to sort of journal about what I'm trying to do to improve, but I thought I'd start with why I'm doing it, and a couple videos. PS both videos were taken today just before posting the blog. I'm not doing this to get blogspam dolla$, I just think putting this out there will help me personally improve.

SephLuis

Had the same issue with Mika. Love playing her, but her playstyle didn't matched me too well =/

Still play as her on casuals.

FluxWaveZ

Well, I guess it's not just the character. Still, 10 hours is a hefty chunk of time; maybe they'll get shorter as things get ironed out.

Xeteh

Karin can also be played quite reactive as well.

Karin is probably the character I've spent the most time practicing aside from Cammy but I just don't know how to play her outside the lab. I enjoy her a ton but yeah, I'm even worse with her than I am with Cammy.

El Sloth

Banned
Ayy, we got some bug fixes http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/04/27/sfv-guile-release-and-april-update-details

Lastly, there are a few bug fixes involving certain moves and scenarios that have not been behaving as intended. These have been fixed in the April update.

Ryu/M. Bison/Vega(no claw)

Bug: After dishing out Ryu & Vega's (no claw) C. LP or M. Bisions C. LK, while doing a light attack rapid cancel at the absolite latest timing possible, if you input another action (V-Skill, Special Move, etc.) at the same time, if the opponent does an attack the "other action" will come out, and when the opponent does nothing, the rapid cancel attack will come out, creating a special option select.

Fix: Made the rapid cancel timing of said moves 1F shorter.

Ryu

Bug: In the guard animation branch of Ryu's C. HK, there was a counter box that was present up to the 13th frame. Therefore, during this time it was possible to eat counter damage.

Fix: Adjusted the counter box on Ryu's C. HK so that it is no longer present afterter the hitbox is not longer active.

Ken

Bug: In Ken's C. LP (including rapid cancels), for the 3 frames that it takes for the hitbox to become active, there wasn't a crouching state set to the move. This allowed moves that are only intended to hit standing opponents to hit Ken.

Fix: Adjusted the first 3 frames of Ken's C. LP (including rapid cancels) so that Ken is in crouching state.

Bug: In Ken's M. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, the feint box that causes the opponent to go into a guarding standby state was not functioning correctly. The V-Trigger M. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku also caused the same phenomenon.

Fix: Corrected the feint box on Ken's M. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku so that it functions correctly, forcing the opponent to guard when used from a certain distance.

Bug: When a portion of Ken's EX Shoryuken (V-Trigger ver. included) hits as a ground counter hit, the hit real animation of the opponent continues when knocked into the air, which is an unnatural behavior.

Fix: Adjusted that specific portion of the EX Shoryuken (V-Trigger ver. included) so that when it hits as grounded counter hit, the correct knock up mottion occurs.

Chun-Li

Bug: In Chun-Li's EX Hyakuretsukyaku, after the moves has completely ended (freeze state finished), she was unable to perform mobility actions (move forward/back or jump).

Fix: Adjusted EX Hyakuretsukyaku so that she is moveable after the move has completely ended.

Bug: In Chun-Li's J. MP, she can follow up with Yosokyaku to EX Airborne Hyakuretsukyaku on counter hit.

(There is an unintentional difference between the number of continuous airborne hit limiter values between when this hits as a normal and and when it hits as a counter hit)

Fix: Adjusted the juggle potential of Chun-Li's J. MP so that it is the same whether or not it is a normal hit or a counter hit.

Cammy

Bug: Cammy's S. HK's hit box is no longer active, she was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to Cammy's S. HK & Lift Combination while the move is active.

Bug: While Cammy's EX Razer Edge Slicer is active, she was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to Cammy's EX Razer Edge Slicer while it is active.

Dhalsim

Bug: During C. MK, Dhalsim was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to Dhalsim's C. MK.

Karin

Bug: When the fourth hit of Karin's EX Mujinkyaku hits an airborne opponent, the opponent's float is differed from when it is a normal hit and when it is a counter hit.

Fix: Made it so that the 4t hit of EX Mujinkyaku would cause the same float on counter hit as it does on normal hit.

Bug: There were 2 bugs in Karin's EX Ressenha.

①When the second hit hits as a counter hit, the opponents Critical Gauge increase would be "0"
②On counter hit, EX Ressenha's starting juggle potential would be "0" for each hit.

Fix: Adjusted EX Ressenha on counter so that the opponent's gauge increase and starting juggle potential are the same as when it is a normal hit.

Laura

Bug: Under specific circumstances, how S. MP hits changes from when on the right corner or on the left corner.

Fix: Expanded S. MP's hit box downward so that the move yields the same results in both corners.

Necalli

Bug: When rapid canceling Necalli's C. LP during V-Trigger, the advantage after hit would be plus 1F more than the normal version.

Fix: Unified Necalli's V-Trigger C. LP to the normal version.

M. Bison

Bug: When throwing an oponent with Psycho Fall, depending on M. Bison's position and the side he is facing, the distance the opponent is thrown greatly changes, which was unintended.

Fix: Adjusted the behavior of Pyscho Fall so that the distance the opponent is thrown is fixed.

Bug: When M. Bison takes damage in the middle of performing and EX Double Knee press, the opposing character's behavior would be irregular after the hit.

Fix: Changed the behavior after hit on the EX Double Knee Press.

R. Mika

Bug: In R. Mika's C. HK, there wasn't a throw box in place.. Even though the move is visually performed on the ground, it was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to R. Mika's C. HK while the move is active.

Alex

Bug: The the time frame of the stop theatrics applied to an opponent hit by Sledge Hammer differs from when Sledge Hammer is used on its own and when it is used in a combo canceling from another move. Due to this, the circumstances are different after Sledge Hammer hits as part of a combo.

Fix: Made it so that the time frame of the stop theatrics of the Sledge Hammer (when cancled into) is the same as when it is used on its own.

Need a full rundown of Guile? Check out the Guile announcement post here which includes his moves and his new stage with screenshots! You can also watch his trailer on our YouTube Channel.

Please note that in preparation for the Guile update we will be taking down the Street Fighter V servers for maintenance starting at 8AM PT until 6PM PT. Additionally, you can follow @SFVServer on Twitter for the latest server status updates.

That's it for today! As always, follow us on Twitter @StreetFighter for the latest news and updates!

No mention of the Alex version select bug...

FluxWaveZ

R. Mika

Bug: In R. Mika's C. HK, there wasn't a throw box in place.. Even though the move is visually performed on the ground, it was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to R. Mika's C. HK while the move is active.
There goes that. I wonder if R. Mika has the worst cr.HK in the game.

No fix to being able to capture the win state of an EX or CA finish in her rope throw wall bounce kill, though. Also, no "fix" to the increased range of her CA in the corner, though that almost sounds as designed.

FluxWaveZ

The lack of detail for the "rage quit" punishment system worries me.

You're right, and they like to constantly mention how the system will be improved over time. Maybe they're intentionally not giving technical details on it so people won't game the system, but I wonder if it'll do anything at all to help the issue once it's initially implemented.

El Sloth

Banned
Wow, Sim's mk slide was throw invincible. I had no idea...

That's a pretty big deal for grapplers looking for meaty throws only to get clipped by cr.mk xx v-trigger.

Edit: Or maybe it was only throw invincible during it's active frames?

Wow, Sim's mk slide was throw invincible. I had no idea...

That's a pretty big deal for grapplers looking for meaty throws only to get clipped by cr.mk xx v-trigger.

Edit: Or maybe it was only throw invincible during it's active frames?
It said "during" implying the the startup frames were also affected. If it was just the active frames they would've said so.

Also same thing for Cammy's st.hk

Mupod

so I have barely touched this game in the last few weeks due to dark souls, overwatch etc. I signed up for a tournament at EGLX on Saturday and figured I'd try and cram in some practice tomorrow night to shake off the rust. And then I see that maintenance. RIP me.

I did get a few matches tonight. I guess the main problem is now I'm dropping my crush counter punishes which I never did before. Still doing ok with Bison though. Alex can stay on the back burner.

SephLuis

Thanks for the matches everyone. Sorry about my connection, but here was playable.

lol looks like going full aggressive on seph only worked for 1 round

GGs guys, need to go back to studying now :(

Your Ryu is good. You know how to deal damage with him. You need to improve on the when. You miss punish opportunities and this allow your opponent to get the upper hand.

For example, when you blocked my Ressenha EX (the Karin shoryuken), you had a completely free combo, but you used a normal right after blocking and that was enough for me to land and get my defense back.

I guess after you start observing and capitalizing on those moments, you are gonna grow fast.

El Sloth

Banned
Mika's slide (the cr.HK if I'm correct) was pretty shit anyway right? like I only used it for sliding under the occasional fireball.
It's still good for exactly what you said and it's another option to move you forward. It's ability to low profile under some moves is handy too. Like Mika's own charged drop kick for example.

I think it'll become more useful as time goes on for various reasons. Not amazing, but it'll have its place.

Astrael

I'm so free, holy shit. How depressing.

That's how I always feel, and you did better against Mika than I did that's for sure! I never know how to handle the faster grapplers (I struggle with Laura the same way).

GGs everyone it was fun seeing such a wide variety of play styles, now if only I could stop losing all the time haha.

Whales

Banned
Thanks for the matches everyone. Sorry about my connection, but here was playable.

Your Ryu is good. You know how to deal damage with him. You need to improve on the when. You miss punish opportunities and this allow your opponent to get the upper hand.

For example, when you blocked my Ressenha EX (the Karin shoryuken), you had a completely free combo, but you used a normal right after blocking and that was enough for me to land and get my defense back
I guess after you start observing and capitalizing on those moments, you are gonna grow fast.

thank you, your karin is real good too. Feels like I can't punish that fullscreen anti-projectile even when I see it coming!

The problem I realized with her ex dp is that when she land shes crouched... I usually use HK to punish those but in that case it would whiff everytime because of that, I need to think about something else vs karin to punish

I realized it when Astrael used that ex dp like twice, and I tried to HK it twice and missed lol

Mika's slide (the cr.HK if I'm correct) was pretty shit anyway right? like I only used it for sliding under the occasional fireball.

After playing and watching many Mika's I think it's a OK tool for her. Yes it's very punishable on block, but the thing I'm seeing is that most people don't want to be near her. So they walk backwards a lot when kind of up close and that's how I see Mika players landing it so often. It's not just thrown out for the hell of throwing it, I think they're reacting and sometimes just making good reads based on how they're opponent has been playing.

Whales

Banned
After playing and watching many Mika's I think it's a OK tool for her. Yes it's very punishable on block, but the thing I'm seeing is that most people don't want to be near her. So they walk backwards a lot when kind of up close and that's how I see Mika players landing it so often. It's not just thrown out for the hell of throwing it, I think they're reacting and sometimes just making good reads based on how they're opponent has been playing.

I can't understand why someone would find her cr.HK bad, I mean aren't pretty much every cr.HK -12 on block and super punishable?

FluxWaveZ

I can't understand why someone would find her cr.HK bad, I mean aren't pretty much every cr.HK -12 on block and super punishable?

Mika's cr.HK might be decent for Mika specifically, but it's certainly terrible when compared to a lot of other characters'. cr.HK's are definitely meant to be punishable on block, but look at not only the block advantage for that move for Mika, but also the active frames. It's like a very slow and short distance version of M. Bison's. Most characters can use their cr.HK as a poking/footsie tool, but Mika cannot do that because it moves her forward into the opponent's range at such short distances that makes it even more punishable than most other ones.

ElFly

Extending Laura's hitbox to fix a wonky corner related problem is weird.

On the other hand, yays, many fixes to non-grabbable bullshit.

Edgeward

Anybody interested in critiquing a few videos of my play? I know what I'm doing wrong mostly, but hearing it really laid out to me from another set of eyes would help tremendously.

This is a win, and this is a 0-2 loss.

Also this is the blog which I posted both in. I'm just going to sort of journal about what I'm trying to do to improve, but I thought I'd start with why I'm doing it, and a couple videos. PS both videos were taken today just before posting the blog. I'm not doing this to get blogspam dolla$, I just think putting this out there will help me personally improve.

You need tomlearn to anti air. Your opponent took full adavatage of the fact you didn't challenge any of the jump ins. You need to stop relying on cr hk as your main poking/footsies tool. The recovery makes it highly punishable on block. You either went raw cr hk or cr mk into cr hk which doesn't combo and will get you hit out of it or crush countered.

You need to apply pressure and attack once you score the knockdown and gain advantage. This isn't SF4 so being a passive defensive character is not enough especially when you can't anti air. You chipping away with fireballs is negligible to the damage output of your opponent scoring a jump in combo. And you should be ready to use your dragon punch after a fireball so you can anti air them.

Recognize the throw setups and prepare accordingly. Laura did a throw after you blocked the jumpin and you weren't able to tech despite it was the only thing she did. Block more when knocked down. If you are unsure what is coming then let Laura attack enough so that she pushes herself out and you can begin your turn again.

The problem I realized with her ex dp is that when she land shes crouched... I usually use HK to punish those but in that case it would whiff everytime because of that, I need to think about something else vs karin to punish

I realized it when Astrael used that ex dp like twice, and I tried to HK it twice and missed lol

It's possible to land CC st. HK, but timing is very tight. I've done it a few times, but whiffed it way too many times that I don't even try anymore. But the good thing about Ryu is that he doesn't lose out on much damage even without starting with a CC because of F+HP. A regular max damage punish with that is 292. Try to remember to use it to punish stuff like blocked supers or anything else like Karin's EX ressenha that leaves themselves crouching.

Just be careful though, the forward movement could cause you to miss certain punishes(Mainly against DP's)the same way Ryu's st. HK does. So if you're baiting it then make sure to walk back a bit.

SephLuis

That's how I always feel, and you did better against Mika than I did that's for sure! I never know how to handle the faster grapplers (I struggle with Laura the same way).

GGs everyone it was fun seeing such a wide variety of play styles, now if only I could stop losing all the time haha.

Astrael, your last set against Whales was really good. You opened his defense a lot of times, just needed to capitalize on them more.

One thing you can use is Karin V-Trigger. If you are unsure, every time you make a hit try to use VT. If it hits, you should have enough time to combo from it. If it didn't, you have enough time to think about how to open your opponent.

thank you, your karin is real good too. Feels like I can't punish that fullscreen anti-projectile even when I see it coming!

Perhaps you could punish in a better connection. It's tough having reactions online.

If you are unsure how to punish, use a BnB with ryu like mp xx mp xx tatsu xx CA. I think that is a combo at least and can get crounching characters.

Renekton

I'm 1-for-10 in Ryu mirror's recently. Even basic Ryu players understand the neutral game better than me.

I should show replays to friends to get outside advice.

Xeteh

Thanks, I've played a fair bit of Mikas but I was still making the wrong choices between getting meatied or having wakeup DP's blocked and punished.

I was most frustrated by Whales destroying me again, we play a set like a week ago and I still couldn't muster up a single round win. Super frustrating.

Astrael

Thanks, I've played a fair bit of Mikas but I was still making the wrong choices between getting meatied or having wakeup DP's blocked and punished.

I was most frustrated by Whales destroying me again, we play a set like a week ago and I still couldn't muster up a single round win. Super frustrating.

He plays Ryu very patiently, so it doesn't leave him very open to punishes which Cammy excels at. I can understand the frustration there, I was trying everything in my bag of tricks to get him to throw out a whiffed shoryuken and couldn't ever capitalize on it when he did. :< You're the only one I didn't get to play against I think so maybe next time you're up for it we can do a set :)

Astrael, your last set against Whales was really good. You opened his defense a lot of times, just needed to capitalize on them more.

One thing you can use is Karin V-Trigger. If you are unsure, every time you make a hit try to use VT. If it hits, you should have enough time to combo from it. If it didn't, you have enough time to think about how to open your opponent.

Thanks for the advice, I originally used V-trigger more often but somewhere along the lines I forgot I have it unless I get a really solid punish. It did help me pull one win against Phazon's Nash but it was a sloppy win. I gotta tighten up my game a bit, but at least I fought more aggressively this time around than against Omni and Flux.

Whales

Banned

im sorry xeteh ;-;

He plays Ryu very patiently, so it doesn't leave him very open to punishes which Cammy excels at. I can understand the frustration there, I was trying everything in my bag of tricks to get him to throw out a whiffed shoryuken and couldn't ever capitalize on it when he did. :< .

yeah, that last set of ours was pretty good, it was pretty freaking close too, good karin. I swear just the fact that she can ex dp when she has 1 bar makes me scared to go in all the time

overall, tonight was pretty decent karin training, so i'm happy

I still need to work on anti-airing, my AA game is pretty bad :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom