• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which no character in this game has.
Well, Cammy and Ken's EX divekicks are extremely good, but yeah, they cost bar.

Closest thing I guess is Chun-Li's air legs but she seems like the exception to most rules.

EDIT: or you know, just take advantage of wonky hitboxes with Ryu's j.lk

im having a really hard time translating my training room "jab anti-air" sessions into my actual play. ppl jumping in on my alex for free.

I like how combo talked about what he thinks people are missing about alex, and proceeded to kinda say the same thing snake eyes said 3 weeks ago.

Big Brett

I haven't written in so long so I've decided I'm going to keep a blog/diary on my time with Street Fighter V. I'm hoping hashing out some of what I think I'm doing wrong will help fix it in my gameplay. Still struggling with a lot of fundamentals after many hours with USF4 and SF5. If there's any interest in reading this leave a shout. Don't wanna clog it up here with blogspam as I'm mostly doing it just to benefit myself and to stretch my fingers a bit.

Skilletor

I haven't written in so long so I've decided I'm going to keep a blog/diary on my time with Street Fighter V. I'm hoping hashing out some of what I think I'm doing wrong will help fix it in my gameplay. Still struggling with a lot of fundamentals after many hours with USF4 and SF5. If there's any interest in reading this leave a shout. Don't wanna clog it up here with blogspam as I'm mostly doing it just to benefit myself and to stretch my fingers a bit.

Don't forget to post vids. People can help you go through constructive criticism! :)

AlexIIDX

It's so rare that I run into a Dhalsim, when I do I get absolutely rocked...i can't get in, I can't react to teleports, I eat fireballs like crazy. Fuck!

Bizazedo

https://pvplive.net/c/a-coast-in-crisis-sanford-kelly-interview

Sanford Kelly said:
The decline is due to a number of reasons. One point being Street Fighter IV was more appealing and flashy to gamers here in general. Although Street Fighter V is more straightforward and bland on the eyes, I do consider it to be a better game.

I also think it's because players that gained a name in Street Fighter IV have an ego, and don't want to lose to players who they feel are on a lower skill level. With Street Fighter V, it doesn't matter your prior achievements; it's about who you are NOW.
I was just talking to a NY buddy about this last week. Sanford's right. Too many people got addicted to setups and not thinking.

It's....depressing.

It's so rare that I run into a Dhalsim, when I do I get absolutely rocked...i can't get in, I can't react to teleports, I eat fireballs like crazy. Fuck!
Certainly takes practice but there are a lot of ways to deal with Dhalsim.

Some of the more universal ways include.

Whiff punishing his normals - Stay out of the range of his longest normals and punish the limbs with your own normals.

Constant pressure - One of Dhalsim's weaknesses is the lack of proper wakeup options. When you do get in, STAY ON HIM. Meaty the ever loving fuck out of him. All he can reliably do to that is V-Reversal.

Teleport punishing - His air teleport (when it's done close enough to do the j.hp xx stuff combo) can be beat by just a regular st.lp. It hits, then you can follow up with moves. If it doesn't, it's usually because he was either too high or because he did a ground teleport. In both those instances, you can just block.

Steroyd

Fuck jumping kens, I can't believe I lost to a jumping ken, fuck those guys and their random.

Got a run back and fucked his shit up, but god damn are my sodium levels high, I need a wash.

Thinking isn't going to get us anywhere!
Image removed as part of Garrett Hawke's request.

Code:
Fuck jumping kens, I can't believe I lost to a jumping ken, fuck those guys and their random.

Got a run back and fucked his shit up, but god damn are my sodium levels high, I need a wash.

I've learned to deal with Proper, genuine rush down Kens, the same way I do with random stupid Kens. ( at least as FANG)

(i) AA their jump in

(ii) Do a meaty st.hk

(iii) If they DP, then they're gonna DP all day every day. If not, just respect their wakeup cause they'll dp 99% of the time.

This technique has a 100% success rate.

bf1db0cb.jpg
take this image down NOW thank you

Whales

Banned

happened to me yesterday too.

Beat him 2-0, then got matchmaked back to him straight away and he actually beat me 2-1

I was so salty and upset at myself I was about to throw my DS4... lol

Tried some karin, shes fun but the execution of some her stuff has to be perfect. Went back to mika. Though about some dumb shit i do (ex FP as i wake up / don't ex throw enough) and decided to try and work on that instead. Had a lot of fun. Even went up against a much higher ranked cammy and beat her 2 games to 0. Got a perfect on round 2 of game 2 as well. Felt good.

Now i just need her ridiculous premium costume to come out so i can be a sucker and buy it.

Xeteh

if that pic was taller and thinner i would use it as my icon tbh.

but yes what is it with sfv characters and eyebrows

Who knows, then you look at finger nails where they have a very vague outline of where they should go. Nash's hands freak me out.

I feel like you could probably make one with a different picture of Sailor Moon to fit avatar size.

Who knows, then you look at finger nails where they have a very vague outline of where they should go. Nash's hands freak me out.

I feel like you could probably make one with a different picture of Sailor Moon to fit avatar size.
I'm going to have to look when I get the free time tbh.
or make a sailor mika mod tbh
One of the biggest problems with the Alex premium costume is that we have to beat witness to those eyebrows. ughh.
crop top tho

so 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom