• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

I'm not sure if I see it right but did he dressed up like Bison? I meant those shoulder thing there.
There was concept art of Abel in a Shadaloo uniform. Turns out he was undercover trying to find the location of an abandoned S.I.N. lab (which I hope becomes a stage later down the road).

Durden77

Cool about
Abel. I had a feeling he would show up, they've brought up that simple interaction between them in SFIV a lot when they talk about Guile in SFV.

Damn, I was excited to try him but i'm already getting frustrated with the charging. Looks like Ryu will be my main for the forseeable future. Really hope Dudley is in season 2.

Mupod

hurr let's give the charge character a command back+fierce command normal that doesn't combo into anything. How the fuck are you supposed to reliably go from standing HP to cr.MP to sonic boom in a real match? The timing on this is insanely strict.

galvenize

More importantly.

Juri
in Guile's story.
68747470733a2f2f7374617469632d63646e2e6a74766e772e6e65742f656d6f7469636f6e732f76312f34312f312e30

GorillaJu

hurr let's give the charge character a command back+fierce command normal that doesn't combo into anything. How the fuck are you supposed to reliably go from standing HP to cr.MP to sonic boom in a real match? The timing on this is insanely strict.

You'll get used to it. Just need to late cancel like Chun Li's SBK combos.

b HP is one of his crush counters, I don't think making it combo would fit Guile's game plan.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Lol it said 'guile's theme' available and for a second i thought they detached the actual song from the character.

mattp

guile's stage being added in made me think about something
how the hell will dlc stages work?
if you buy a stage, can you only use it if you get matched against someone who also owns it?

guile's stage being added in made me think about something
how the hell will dlc stages work?
if you buy a stage, can you only use it if you get matched against someone who also owns it?

Stage is added into the game (which was part of the big patch that came with the game). You can play on the stage if your online opponent owns it and chooses it, otherwise you can't choose the stage yourself unless you bought it.

mattp

Stage is added into the game (which was part of the big patch that came with the game). You can play on the stage if your online opponent owns it and chooses it, otherwise you can't choose the stage yourself unless you bought it.

oh ok, that makes sense. i was gonna say, if you're limited in when you can use the stage you bought that would be a pretty big bummer and waste of money

New002

Guile trial 9. HOW?

St.HP, immediate down back for charge, (UF + HK > immediate B > F + P)

Think of the pieces in parenthesis as one movement.

I hope that makes sense writtent out like that.

I'm actually stuck on the timing for trial 7. For some reason it's the only one giving me trouble >_<

Edit: Beaten with a much easier to interpret post.

Deps

Guile can combo after his booms, and they seem to be +1 on block. I'm trading with Necalli c.lp after blocked boom.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ken is still my main, but I think Guile may be my new backup. This is by far the most fun he's ever been in my opinion. Cleared survival normal with him on the first try. Plenty of options and his crouching HK has lots of range.
Currently sitting on 584,700 fight money... aaaalmost enough for all of the season 1 characters. I'm wondering how much longer Alex & Guile will be free... I'm guessing for the 1 million fm trophy you have to have it all at one time?

mbpm1

Hmm

St. fierce > cr. mp > flash kick might be among the game's few rather difficult combos

the charge timing is kinda crazy

"b HP is one of his crush counters, I don't think making it combo would fit Guile's game plan."

You can actually combo off ch b.hp with flash kick xx CA in the corner. With V-trigger activation you can do it mid-screen.

Guile definitely seems like the character for people who want relatively challenging execution.

Quesa

Finished Guile's trials and I just want to give a big fuck you to Capcom for trials 7 and 10. Giving him a b.HP, neutral HP and f. HP made them super frustrating. On 7 you can't charge sonic boom until after you hit HP because b.HP will give you something else. On 10 having to walk forward then to n.HP instead of f.HP (which still combos by the way) -- middle fingers, Capcom.

middle fingers

xabi

Finished Guile's trials and I just want to give a big fuck you to Capcom for trials 7 and 10. Giving him a b.HP, neutral HP and f. HP made them super frustrating. On 7 you can't charge sonic boom until after you hit HP because b.HP will give you something else. On 10 having to walk forward then to n.HP instead of f.HP (which still combos by the way) -- middle fingers, Capcom.

middle fingers

Agreed, but honestly both those combos are unrealistic in matches. I would rather have HP have 3 variations to use depending on the situation

He feels great thus far...

SSReborn

I hopped straight into trials and training with guile but can anyone give me an idea of how much better the matchmaking is? If at all?

mbpm1

You just have to 'plink' down after fierce, then its pretty easy. Chun players will understand.

if you mean going to down as soon as the fierce is pressed, yeah, i'm doign that one.

I think its not the charge maybe, but the later cancel timing on the mp as well which is confusing me

Mupod

middle fingers

you can dash forward and do the st.HP. I just can't get the v-trigger sonic booms to combo into super no matter what I do.

this is kind of depressing though, is every new character going to be ridiculously difficult to play? Reasonable execution is the whole reason I like SFV but it's hard to give a shit about characters I can't realistically use.

Quesa

Agreed, but honestly both those combos are unrealistic in matches. I would rather have HP have 3 variations to use depending on the situation

He feels great thus far...

Oh I don't doubt they're useful and that this makes him better. But those specific trials man... they made me feel bad, dang it :(

you can dash forward and do the st.HP. I just can't get the v-trigger sonic booms to combo into super no matter what I do.

this is kind of depressing though, is every new character going to be ridiculously difficult to play? Reasonable execution is the whole reason I like SFV but it's hard to give a shit about characters I can't realistically use.

Didn't know you could dash!

What helped me with that last part were sounds. You throw four booms, but I think you cancel into super after you hear the third one hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom